PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Scott Diner in Amelia WelReview! Horrible, just horrible!!

beefcake
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, I tried to take the wife into going in, she said nope, heard it was horribly slow. me and the daughter went and sat at the counter last saturday, got a burger, thought it went okay, the burger was good. came out quick, i thought, great, something nice in amelia finally

So tonight, I talked the wife into going.

7:10 we order, the kids get a hot dog n fries and a lil pizza and fries. I ordered a piece of fish with mash and the wife ordered the bbq chicken which ended up being a 1/4 chicken or whatever.

So, after about 20 minutes or so, the waiter comes over and tells us it will probably be 10 more minutes, they dropped something. I'm like, what about the rest of the food, or did they drop everything. Apparently they dropped eveything, i think anyway.

another 20 minutes go by and they finally bring the hot dog (no fries) and lil pizza (no fries) at least the lil ones can get started. Another 10 minutes go by, and nothing. I walk up to the counter. I tell the mgr it's been 50 minutes, literally because I took a call right when we ordered so I knew to the minute when we ordered.

the guy standing by the food says i have the rest coming, the mgr starts telling me that we can get the kids an ice cream or something. i'm like whatever

a minute later my fish comes out, nothing for the wife 6 more minutes go by and the wifes food finally comes out. the 1/4 chicken or whatever for $12 had 0 edible meat on the leg side.

mgr comes by and took $14 off the bill, like a $42 bill or whatever, i'm surprised to get a bill at this point to be honest

back to the chicken, the wife then flips it over to the breast side and finds a little meat but can barely get it out, around the 5th bite, she gets a cold piece of chicken. i put my finger in it, cold, my wife is ready to throw up at this point, i pick up the plate, take it to the mgr and ask her to put her finger in it. she apoligies and walks to the back.

go back to the table to get the family home, the girls have school in the morning and they are only 6 n 8 and need to get to bed

the mgr apoligizes again and says that she'll make me whatever i want to go, i said they are gone, and my wife is too disgusted to eat anything from here

she then goes to collect from the bill, i'm like, well, can we take the chicken off????? lmao, she goes back to talk to "scott" she calls him, and comes back with the chicken off the bill. so over an hour later, wife with no dinner, i still have an $18 bill, i pay, don't say anything and leave the waiter a 15% tip on the original bill of $6

it's not that i can't pay, but i was completely and totally offended at the time frame originally that they'd bring me a bill, and then after serving my wife cold chicken and still expecting just blew my mind

i worked as a mgr for fast food, and bigger restaurants like perkins and frisch's, i've cooked, cleaned, waited tables, bartended, and like i said managed. if i was in that position, i would have offered to comp right away. it really would have been the right thing to do imo

so, now it's 8:15, and i'm pi$$ed that my wife didn't get dinner, so i call the older great scott so i can find out who the owner is to put my opinion and let him know about my experience, i talk to the mgr here that lets me know the owners name is "scott" and he can be reached a the other restaurant, he asked if i wanted the number, I said no thanks, i already know all i need to know

it's not about the $$ as much as it is taking care of the customer for the situation. had they offered to comp the bill. i would have said to myself. okay. 1 good experience, 1 horrible experience, which puts them at about a minus 2, but the fact they comped the bill. i'll give em a clean slate and one more shot and waited til the next time to give an overall review

the fact that it really didn't seem like that big of a deal to them, i'm done. it would take a bulldozer to get the wife back in the place, but i'd have worked at it, now i have no desire to do even try too.

i had already been thinkin we could organize cruise ins with the old school theme they have and stuff, but i wouldn't consider it now

even though campbells is a little on the slow side, the food everytime i have been there was excellent, so, if i'm taking the family out for an amelia dinner, it will be at campbells

JASON408
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
:bigthumb you can get a old school cruz up there and we can bring back the burnout in the parking lot when you get there and when you leave burnout till they blow!!!!

sean
10-21-2009, 09:30 PM
That place just looks like a place that would have great food (home cooked) and great prices. Totally sucks.

Walter
10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Lets tatoo their lot! Wooooooooooooo!

Maximus
10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
:bigthumb you can get a old school cruz up there and we can bring back the burnout in the parking lot when you get there and when you leave burnout till they blow!!!!

Lets tatoo their lot! Wooooooooooooo!

Old school is cool.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_tzPwaodIg

:cool1:

2Kblacksleeper
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I cant help but watch everytime i see that video.

John

chadomac
10-21-2009, 11:48 PM
like i said before STAY AWAY!!! LOL

relaxednoma
10-22-2009, 06:51 AM
wow piss poor. I even suggested taking the wife and lil one up there not but a few weeks ago. negative on that now

JA04GT
10-22-2009, 06:03 PM
That was a good place to eat when it was abbots. (had a high school girlfriend that worked there, like 8 years ago) After reading all your reviews i dont think i will even try it.

4EYED85GT
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Despite the parking lot usually being packed at that Diner, I will not ever go there based on your experience. I would have went nuts with my patience level. Thanks for sharing the story.

Pitbull1052
10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
wow that totally blows I thought that place was going to be cool....... I remember when that place was Perkins..... that was the only place we could buy smokes and not get carded back in the day lol

Blackballed
10-24-2009, 08:01 AM
yep, the diner SUCKS.....

8NO4CYL
10-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Food was ok....... service was slooooooooooow. :rolleyes:

Mustang Momma
11-12-2009, 12:14 AM
I agree it is the worst. We have had a few dinners there. Not good. Breakfast is even worse. They were out of tea, coffee and biscuits. Can you imagine a diner not having hot tea at breakfast. send someone to Kroger for Petes sake.

by the way I am Kens mom.Hi Terry

beefcake
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I agree it is the worst. We have had a few dinners there. Not good. Breakfast is even worse. They were out of tea, coffee and biscuits. Can you imagine a diner not having hot tea at breakfast. send someone to Kroger for Petes sake.

by the way I am Kens mom.Hi Terry

LOL! Hi!