PDA

View Full Version : Poisonous spider problem!!!

USMCPONY
10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have a poisonous spider problem? If so what did you do to solve the problem? Since I moved in 3 months ago I have seen 3 black widows and 2 brown recluses. I talked to a couple of my neighbors and they are having the same problem. I live right in front of a 30+ acres farm and I'm wondering if that's the source of this problem. I called the exterminator and he said he can stop by Monday to investigate.

stang5slow
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Does anyone have a poisonous spider problem? If so what did you do to solve the problem? Since I moved in 3 months ago I have seen 3 black widows and 2 brown recluses. I talked to a couple of my neighbors and they are having the same problem. I live right in front of a 30+ acres farm and I'm wondering if that's the source of this problem. I called the exterminator and he said he can stop by Monday to investigate.

nothing wrong with a free guestimation lol, i'd say from having all that land, but if you use it as a farm, spiders are a good thing, they eat the insects that kill crops lol

facemelter71
10-23-2009, 05:39 PM
They are going to seek a dry place.Just dont poke them with a stick.

USMCPONY
10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
They are eating all the spiders. Every web had about 15 dead spiders in them. Especially the the black widows. The first one I found was huge. I was sweeping the garage when I get the the corner. Just beside the garage door. I was almost finished when I saw a spider web. No big deal until I see about 20 dead spiders in the web. It very dark in the corner so I could only see half the spider web. I was observing all the dead spiders when I see this shiny red dot crawling up the web. I get my flash light and its a huge black widow. The abdomen was the size of a dime. Biggest one I have ever seen. I dont farm but I dont mind spiders unless they are venomous.

sean
10-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Some friends of my sisters have the same problem with the recluse. They cant sell because they have to tell the buyer about the problem. I would be pissed.

facemelter71
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank god you dont have those Camel spiders over here.Maybe NXcoupe can grab one for ya.
God those things are hideous.

sean
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
They are eating all the spiders. Every web had about 15 dead spiders in them. Especially the the black widows. The first one I found was huge. I was sweeping the garage when I get the the corner. Just beside the garage door. I was almost finished when I saw a spider web. No big deal until I see about 20 dead spiders in the web. It very dark in the corner so I could only see half the spider web. I was observing all the dead spiders when I see this shiny red dot crawling up the web. I get my flash light and its a huge black widow. The abdomen was the size of a dime. Biggest one I have ever seen. I dont farm but I dont mind spiders unless they are venomous.

ohhh fuck that....

USMCPONY
10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Thank god you dont have those Camel spiders over here.Maybe NXcoupe can grab one for ya.
God those things are hideous.

Id rather have a camel spider problem. I lived with them for over a year. Here are some pics from deployment.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/48/l_96b02e43355f48c996303954cc46964d.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/30/l_fbcc8005856940fe89aa9d5b98a8a1a5.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/20/l_a1dc4f68407548bd8e01532ab9c3107d.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/59/l_115cfad8908d4faf9a6a2de0e7bfcd3e.jpg

djom1cincy
10-23-2009, 05:58 PM
They are all venomous. Just depends on how bad they affect humans. Try buying some spider insect killer and spray it around the doors, garage door and walls. Make a barrier so they can't get in. Don't leave lights on outside at night because they attract bugs which spiders like to eat. If you have no food for the spiders they will go away.

stocknotch
10-23-2009, 06:59 PM
The only good spider is a dead one. Scary when you know that those kinda things are all over your house.

87stangbbb
10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
fuck that spiders are the scariest things ever. id rather have a big bear come in my house . im not kidding

Walter
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Try Boric acid. Its a white powder, you can buy it at Lowes near the insect sprays/fertilizer. Ok to use around pets to. Also, in the summer hedgeapples keep spyders away. Take one and cut it into eights and put a piece under a bed or behind a dresser or wherever. They just shrivel and dry up instead of rotting. There is a shitload of them at Woodland mound fyi.

Walter
10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Shit I almost forgot. lol

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq161/bigwoofers/Walters%20mustangf/_MG_6027.jpg

1_slo_92
10-24-2009, 02:06 AM
fuck that spiders are the scariest things ever. id rather have a big bear come in my house . im not kidding

:lol::lol: You dont look like the kind of guy to be afraid of a little spider!! I don't mind spiders myself I think they are better than what they eat but according to my son and girlfriend they are the worst creatures ever. Sucks I cant have a pet snake or a pet spider:mad: O well as long as i get to keep the stang im good

Goldenpony
10-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I can put up with a lot of things. Snakes don't bother me, but I can't handle spiders. I still haven't gotten over the movie "Arachnophobia". I'd be looking up that John Goodman character from the movie. Outside I will live and let live (unless they get too close), but inside - they're dead. :eek2:

firestang70
10-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a Black Widow problem at home. Instead of a red abdomen she has red hair. My kids call her mommy. I get scared everytime she wants to have sex.:lol:

Katmandu
10-24-2009, 01:51 PM
I have a Black Widow problem at home. Instead of a red abdomen she has red hair. My kids call her mommy. I get scared everytime she wants to have sex.:lol:LMFAO! :lol:

NUTTSGT
10-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Hedge apples are supposed to deter spiders.

2 kinds of spiders...

dead

and

about to be

mustang429
10-25-2009, 12:12 PM
hell when i was growing up in az i would catch them in jars and keep them as pets

1992MustangDW
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I was just bit by a brown recluse my leg was so swollen, I had to go to the hospital.

djom1cincy
10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm working in Peeble at the G.E. test plant. We are putting in new fuel lines inside concrete trench boxes. They are crawling with spiders and other insects. I know I'm going to end up getting bitten. I just hope its not by the black widow or brown recluse. They also have rattle snake and copperheads out there.

1992MustangDW
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
That would really suck, the thing about the recluse is it eats the soft tissue. From the inside out. by the time the damage gets to the top of your skin the damage could be horrible.

djom1cincy
10-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I've seen video of it. Turns out nasty for sure. With it starting to get cold out we should see less of them. The best part about working in these concrete boxes is I have to lay down to make my weld on the bottom of the pipe because its only seven inches from the concrete to the bottom the pipe.

Blonde_5.0
10-28-2009, 02:21 AM
they say you shouldn't keep cardboard boxes and clutter and to sweep often...you can also use lavender and peppermint oil and spray a mist...i use an indoor outdoor insect control and then the lavendar oil spray on window sills and haven't had much of a problem...the biggest help for me was getting rid of most of the cardboard and switching to plastic containers

306Power
10-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I was driving home yesterday in the Monte and had this big ass spider crawl up the windshield on the inside, looked kinda like a recluse I thought. I didnt know how to kill it so Im swerving all over the road on 27 and finally kicked the mother fucker as Im leaning back in my seat. I hate spiders.