PDA

View Full Version : twisted control arms!!

Stangman
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Started messing with my hatchback again today trying to make some progress and a while back I had some poly bushings put in my front lower control arms...

And they are twisted now!!! :mad:

this sucks. Now I have to buy NEW bushings AGAIN and get them pressed in again...

I JUST had new bushings AND NEW sn95 ball joints put in them a while back and now I have to do it all over again. Atleast the ball joints are savable.

But to top it all off, once I FINALLY got the bolt holes to line up, I used my impact to tighten the nuts and bolts on the k memeber, and where the arms bolt to the k member, a weld BROKE LOOSE on the K memeber!!!!

So now I need to get the k member that I spoke to another 'banger about sooner than I needed it, AND have to completely paint it again like I did mine already.

I guess I'll add some weld to the new K member I get

Anyone got any tips on saving the front bushings?

Also anyone got any fox control arms for free?

This just ticks me off. Not a good day for me. Progress turns into anger.

But then again its always the little stuff.

306Power
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Thats about the time my neighbors see me chucking tools and parts across the yard.

Stangman
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Thats about the time my neighbors see me chucking tools and parts across the yard.

And I would have! If it wasn't soo cold outside!!

When I saw my k member go "POP" when I was tightening those bolts... I just about burned the garage down.

Then I stopped and realized that would have been a bad idea, although it woulda been warm! :lol:

DeckerEnt
11-01-2009, 11:13 PM
So many things I should have kept from the vert.......

Stangman
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
So many things I should have kept from the vert.......

Yep... I'd kill for that core support you threw in the Pile when you junked it.. I'm cutting my inner fenders out right now on my car so I can either weld in new ones, or make sheet metal ones with NO holes.... and I'm gonna put a core support on it while I'm at it. I want my car nice damnit... good clean foxes are tooo expensive nowadays!

BlazinEagle
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I have a nice rust free stock k member if you want it. Just come and get it.
-Rodney

Stangman
11-02-2009, 12:13 AM
I'll have to do that, because the one another guy was gonna give me was going toward another car... now I need it for this one! PM your address if you dont mind