PDA

View Full Version : SBZ finally got to run at EW

tgeers
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Last Friday night we had more cars at the T &T than we have ever seen. But in spite of that you guys got in a lot of passes. I came early and it still took me 30 minutes to get in the gate. In the first two hours over 300 cars went down the track.

Everyone I talked to said they had a good time :). That is what I was hoping for. We didn't do some of the things I wanted to do, but we'll save that for another time.

Thanks to everyone that showed up. I hope you will want to do this again next year. I know of at least one stangbanger that is now nolonger a track virgin :coo1: There may have been a couple others.

I was going to take my car down the track (against my wife's wishes) but then I saw a silver vette like mine do 2 1/2 donuts in the center of the track. I took that as a sign :chicken: In Saturday's race, 8 cars broke rear ends on the starting line.

Over the Saturday and Sunday weekend we had several races. Saturday we went from 9am to 11:30pm and yesterday we went from 9am to 8:30. Needless to say, my 65 year old legs and feet aren't feeling so good today.

In the main event for each day, one racer (#3 rated in the nation in the sportsman class) won all the big money.

THANKS AGAIN STANGBANGERZ I HAD FUN DOING THIS. I HOPE YOU DID TOO.

Tony

Jeff88coupe
11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks tony for all your efforts. Track was working pretty good friday night. I pulled a best ever 1.30 60' and ran a 9.75 at 134 in my coupe.

adragon72
11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
thanks i had a good time as always, it was nice meeting you

Stangman
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I had a good time, but am dissapointed in my car.

mustangrfast88
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
damn wish my car was fixed and ex gf wasnt a pain in my ass or i would of been there and it sounds like everybody had a good time and hope you do it again next year

tgeers
11-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Track was working pretty good friday night. I pulled a best ever 1.30 60' and ran a 9.75 at 134 in my coupe.

That's awesome! The air was good and the track was well prepped because of the big race the next day. Too bad the season is quickly coming to a close. Those kind of numbers make you want to keep racing.

Tony

beefcake
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
everything seemed real smooth for as busy as it was!!!!

Stangman
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Post those videos Beef! lol

beefcake
11-10-2009, 01:34 PM
been crushed at work, have had 0 time

Stangman
11-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Atleast you're selling cars! :bigthumb

mustang8998
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
That's awesome! The air was good and the track was well prepped because of the big race the next day. Too bad the season is quickly coming to a close. Those kind of numbers make you want to keep racing.

Tony

Hey Tony, did Rick work the starting line? He knows how to prep that track!

tgeers
11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Rick worked the starting line Friday night. He does a great job and gets little credit. I'm glad you realize how good he is. Also, at the end of the track in the black pick up truck is Mike. He is so dedicated to seeing that the track is in perfect shape, he thinks he owns the track. I think all the guys working on the track and in the lanes and tower really care about what happens. We usually hate working there on late Saturday night because of the management style of the owner, but by Friday morning we are all looking forward to the weekend races.

Tony

mustang8998
11-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Rick gets little credit. He did the one OSM race earlier this year and Phil Hines even told him he did a great job. Dick needs to realize some of the good people he has there, but he seems to favor a couple of the idiots (not naming names, LOL).