PDA

View Full Version : Running of the Dozen!

beefcake
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
The first running of the dozen was supposed to be the sbz night. That didn't end up happening until this friday and i know I saw a few of the dozen people out and some new times posted in the last week or so.

For the final running, we will plan on this saturday at Edgewater. They are running test and tune, with a backup date of next Saturday.

Trailering the car is fine. I believe everyone on the list has been to cruises, so the streetability shouldn't be an issue!!

Maximus
11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Sooo what about the guys who will be at TS?

firestang70
11-10-2009, 07:04 AM
What about the small group of us that showed up on 10/24? It was supposed to be an official date and most everyone thought they were rained out. Does it count?

Steves LX
11-10-2009, 08:45 AM
The first running of the dozen was supposed to be the sbz night. That didn't end up happening until this friday and i know I saw a few of the dozen people out and some new times posted in the last week or so.

For the final running, we will plan on this saturday at Edgewater. They are running test and tune, with a backup date of next Saturday.

Trailering the car is fine. I believe everyone on the list has been to cruises, so the streetability shouldn't be an issue!!

Well I am going to try to make it down. But my son's soccer team is going to state. And we have games on Saturday.

PKFIRE
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm going try to make it down, not sure if I'll make the list but I can at least try right?

quik lx
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Weather permiting, I'll be there!!

beefcake
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
tristate would be fine,

and dale, you are correct, they were open on the 24th, and myself included thought it would be a rain out

zlou363lx
11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
does this include the other dozen also?

Maximus
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
does this include the other dozen also?

Im sure there will be other cars & trucks running, cmon out!!:bigthumb

zlou363lx
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
what time is TS open saturdays?

Stangman
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I even wouldnt mind coming out too and play

PKFIRE
11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll be down to run only if I get my Throttle Body back from Dragon this Saturday.

quik lx
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
So is it Tri-state or Edgewater or either?

Maximus
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
So is it Tri-state or Edgewater or either?

Looks like either, but I have a couple customers wanting to try Edgewater, so Ill have to steal Pauls camera and head there.:D

quik lx
11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Looks like either, but I have a couple customers wanting to try Edgewater, so Ill have to steal Pauls camera and head there.:D

I always went a little faster at E2O.

95turbocharged
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll be at e20 for sure.

zlou363lx
11-10-2009, 02:59 PM
i got a screw in my tire leaking bad. so i won't be going to either until i either patch it or get my new one. lame.

does that make me "broke"? lol

JASON408
11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
going to give e2o a try !!!!looks like good weather :bigthumb

MFIELD
11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok let me ask a question, what if I make it this weekend and make a pass and its fast enough for the dozen, does it count? I have been and active member everyday on this site and have made it to watch a few races this year but have been building all year and now its done. So whats the verdict?:dunno:

JIMS SVT
11-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok let me ask a question, what if I make it this weekend and make a pass and its fast enough for the dozen, does it count? I have been and active member everyday on this site and have made it to watch a few races this year but have been building all year and now its done. So whats the verdict?:dunno:

Dont see why not...happens every year.Go gettem :bigthumb

bbfstanger
11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
you've been a member of the board all year with your project thread and stuff.
you got your project going so it should def. count!
any e/t guess's? lol!

quik lx
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
If they let me in...you should come in too!!!!:bigthumb

zlou363lx
11-11-2009, 12:49 AM
i'd say you would be in. the other guys that argued about it weren't put on because of low posts in about 3 years from what i understand. that would not make them an active member.

i will be at cincyspeed saturday morning as far as i know.

Stangman
11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
i got a screw in my tire leaking bad. so i won't be going to either until i either patch it or get my new one. lame.

does that make me "broke"? lol

Dude... EVERY single time I've been to Edgewater this year I've got home and found my tire going down... from very tiny nails... Not saying I'm picking them up at E2o... but man it sure seems like it...

Picked up 5 nails in the right rear tire on the lincoln once...

Waffles
11-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Dude... EVERY single time I've been to Edgewater this year I've got home and found my tire going down... from very tiny nails... Not saying I'm picking them up at E2o... but man it sure seems like it...

Picked up 5 nails in the right rear tire on the lincoln once...

I swear, I think racers must throw nails and screws out the window when they lose or something. We were getting the same complaints at Thornhill for a while. I started walking the track with the blowers myself before each race, and would find all kinds of nails, screws, bolts, etc. I can see some of the stuff actually coming from a car, but WTF with the nails?

PKFIRE
11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I'll probably end up running my street tires, I do think I have anyway of getting my slicks there. Maybe I'll put a trailor hitch on the Cobra,lol.

Jeff88coupe
11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I'll probably end up running my street tires, I do think I have anyway of getting my slicks there. Maybe I'll put a trailor hitch on the Cobra,lol.

Put them in big plastic trash bags...one in the rear seat..other in the passanger seat. That's how I got my slicks to the track for years in my coupe.

PKFIRE
11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Put them in big plastic trash bags...one in the rear seat..other in the passanger seat. That's how I got my slicks to the track for years in my coupe.

I may try this, thanks!

beefcake
11-12-2009, 05:46 PM

i would have to discuss it with the other mods / admins

the membership isn't a problem, it would be the fact that it hasn't been to cruises, hangouts etc..

one of the main things with the dozen is that the car is a street car. so, for everyone else it was mandatory that they attend at least one of the cruises with their car. so, in that respect it's not fair to the guys that have had their car out all year, or a portion of the year, other than waiting til the last week and making a pass in the car,

Maximus
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
i would have to discuss it with the other mods / admins

the membership isn't a problem, it would be the fact that it hasn't been to cruises, hangouts etc..

one of the main things with the dozen is that the car is a street car. so, for everyone else it was mandatory that they attend at least one of the cruises with their car. so, in that respect it's not fair to the guys that have had their car out all year, or a portion of the year, other than waiting til the last week and making a pass in the car,

He tried to make it out last weekend, but it broke on the way to TS. (He was driving it)

MFIELD
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
First thing it I havent been waiting till the last weekend by any means. This has been an ongoing project all year and its just now ready to make a pass or at least try to.

Thanks Craig, I did start to drive it to Tristate last weekend but developed a small oil leak and a tire rub on the quarter and didnt want to take any unnecessary chances. That has been fixed and I'm going to make a few passes. If I make the dozen I make it, if I dont I dont.

JASON408
11-12-2009, 08:16 PM
it is the running of the dozen this sat so if you make it to that this weekend it is a event so you should be good !!!! there will be plenny of stangbangerz there to see

Rich
11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
If I make the dozen I make it, if I dont I dont.

I don't really think a 12.50 car will make it...moot point!!!:flipoff:

MFIELD
11-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't really think a 12.50 car will make it...moot point!!!:flipoff:

Were not taking your car:flipoff:

RIXXX93GT
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
OUCH! Shouldn't you be digging a hole somewhere Mike?

MFIELD
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Dug all freaking day today.