PDA

View Full Version : Modular Depot

Goldenpony
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Just visited Modular Depot in Florence Ky. for the first time. I wanted to get a leak down compression test on my 2006 Mustang GT.

The directions they gave me were very good, had no problem finding them. They told me on the phone it would take one hour and that's exactly what it took. Their waiting area is very nice, even had The Speed Channel on a nice HD TV for me to watch.

It looks like they do mostly Mustangs, but there are also other muscle cars being worked on in a cool looking shop. I recommend.

redfirepearlgt
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Ken and those guys are good. They have been doing mustangs for years. Started in Evendale and moved two times since. Had them tune an 03 ranger once. did a good job. Also tuned an 02 and bought CAI and tuner from them for the 05 that worked very nicely. Haven't been to their new Florence location yet.

5.0calypso93lx
11-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Ken and those guys are good. They have been doing mustangs for years. Started in Evendale and moved two times since. Had them tune an 03 ranger once. did a good job. Also tuned an 02 and bought CAI and tuner from them for the 05 that worked very nicely. Haven't been to their new Florence location yet.

They tuned an 03 Ranger? What kind of gains did you see?

Walter
11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I may have to look into this Modular Depot place.

highball69
11-18-2009, 09:47 PM
i had mine tuned by them before they moved to florence he did a good job going to take it back for a retune since i added some more mods

redfirepearlgt
11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
They tuned an 03 Ranger? What kind of gains did you see?

The 4.0 automatic saw about 10-12 RWHP on the Dyno. Custom catback dual exhaust (very mellow sound not, not like a fart can) installed by Tri-Sate muffler and a simple Air-raid CAI unit was added (used off e-bay). The big thing I was after was the removal of the stupid speedo limiter and a firmer shift. Ken massaged the shift so that it was much firmer. It was more of a "just see if you can get a little more out of it while removing that stupid limter thing", than anything. Finally traded it for my first Mustang GT (02) just after I turned 40. Started my second childhood 10 years younger! LOL!!!!

I would have gone to them for my Super Charger upgrade on the 05, but was looking at Saleen vice Whipple. Everybody has Whipple or Pro-charger around Cinti. I saw the Saleen on a mustang last summer and fell in love. Low profile, quiter than a whipple, and looks more like a fancy intake instead of a supercharger.

mystichris@MD
11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys :bigthumb

As always if you need anything feel free to give us a call.

5.0calypso93lx
11-19-2009, 12:33 PM
The 4.0 automatic saw about 10-12 RWHP on the Dyno. Custom catback dual exhaust (very mellow sound not, not like a fart can) installed by Tri-Sate muffler and a simple Air-raid CAI unit was added (used off e-bay). The big thing I was after was the removal of the stupid speedo limiter and a firmer shift. Ken massaged the shift so that it was much firmer. It was more of a "just see if you can get a little more out of it while removing that stupid limter thing", than anything. Finally traded it for my first Mustang GT (02) just after I turned 40. Started my second childhood 10 years younger! LOL!!!!

I would have gone to them for my Super Charger upgrade on the 05, but was looking at Saleen vice Whipple. Everybody has Whipple or Pro-charger around Cinti. I saw the Saleen on a mustang last summer and fell in love. Low profile, quiter than a whipple, and looks more like a fancy intake instead of a supercharger.

Was that 10-12 RWHP gain after the exhaust an intake or just from the tune alone? I have also noticed the lazy shifting of the trans.

redfirepearlgt
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Was that 10-12 RWHP gain after the exhaust an intake or just from the tune alone? I have also noticed the lazy shifting of the trans.

Just the tune alone after the added mentioned items. Can't remember the final numbers exactly but had the 3.55:1 limited slip and I will guess put somewhere around 190 at the wheels? Thius again is just a guess from two vehicles back. The truck was 210 crank rated factory. I doubt the exhaust made much difference. I added it for shear looks, and was trying to keep the truck from sounding like a ricer vehicle with a serious case of gas (IE FART CAR). It has been a few years, so the numbers are guess-timates from memory and hopefullly conservative. The firmer shift and loss of speed limiter was the best of all. They will bury the 120MPH speedometer nicely considering it is a truck with a 6 banger.

Black92LX
11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Just the tune alone after the added mentioned items. Can't remember the final numbers exactly but had the 3.55:1 limited slip and I will guess put somewhere around 190 at the wheels? Thius again is just a guess from two vehicles back. The truck was 210 crank rated factory. I doubt the exhaust made much difference. I added it for shear looks, and was trying to keep the truck from sounding like a ricer vehicle with a serious case of gas (IE FART CAR). It has been a few years, so the numbers are guess-timates from memory and hopefullly conservative. The firmer shift and loss of speed limiter was the best of all. They will bury the 120MPH speedometer nicely considering it is a truck with a 6 banger.

sounds promising. maybe I should get the explorer tuned. Especially sounds like the shifting made a big difference.

highball69
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
looking for some fuel parts and coil packs i have some parts also let me know what your looking for its from 2000 4.6