PDA

View Full Version : Logo engraving.

relaxednoma
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
So with my usual mindless wandering and getting ideas together for the truck, I came accross this for my optima on fleabay.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/42000091/Images/3/9327.jpg

I'd like to have a logo engraved/cut into it. There was a plate that did water jet stuff in Harrison I think it was, started with a W I think, I cant find the card at all. Younger guy came around at Cavalcade and gave me a logo that he waterjetted at work of the Minitruckin' magazine logo, which I thought was hella cool.

Anyone know anywhere local that would do something like this?

Stangman
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a pocket knife...

:lol:

Black Horse
11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
What kind of logo do you want on the plate? Some machine shops can cut it in on their CNC endmills. There are also places around that "etch" stuff onto plates like these all the time.

I hope they are polished aluminum. If it's chrome plated I would not cut anything on it as it will dig right through the chrome plating.

relaxednoma
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
I have a pocket knife...

lol:

I'm going to kill you dead mr talmage hahaha

What kind of logo do you want on the plate? Some machine shops can cut it in on their CNC endmills. There are also places around that "etch" stuff onto plates like these all the time.

I hope they are polished aluminum. If it's chrome plated I would not cut anything on it as it will dig right through the chrome plating.

Ahhhh etched would moreso be the proper term.

This is the logo. I can not for the life of me find a pic of the billet rearview mirrors that were done in a similar fashion. And yes, it is billet.

http://www.streetsource.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/dragginsonoma/119200752355AM71441.jpg

Black Horse
11-19-2009, 08:39 AM
You have access to a sandblaster?

relaxednoma
11-19-2009, 08:46 AM
You have access to a sandblaster?

that I do not.

NUTTSGT
11-19-2009, 08:54 AM
To each their own, that looks like a dead short on a battery waiting to happen to me.

jlt2006
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a sandblaster, if you get the reverse template made, we could experiment.

Stangman
11-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Mann... if Vinny were still around he used to dabble in this stuff right before he passed...

His Valve Covers were awesome!!!

Black Horse
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Reverse template is quite possible, what size do you need the graphic to be??

quik lx
11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
To each their own, that looks like a dead short on a battery waiting to happen to me.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, my battery shifted back 3 inches in the coupe inside the taylor box while tightened down tight enough to start bending the bracket. That would scare me:eek:

relaxednoma
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Thats exactly what I was thinking, my battery shifted back 3 inches in the coupe inside the taylor box while tightened down tight enough to start bending the bracket. That would scare me:eek:

Very very good point. Although this will be in the original battery location, as I'm dropping & modding the OEM tray down a smidge and securing this unit to it. But by all means, I certainly appreciate bringing that up.

I have a sandblaster, if you get the reverse template made, we could experiment.

Reverse template is quite possible, what size do you need the graphic to be??

well, in the picture of the cover itself, it will actually be reversed. The two small holes will be facing towards the front of the truck. I'd have to take a measurement when it gets here (unless I order the ball milled version they offer).

Mann... if Vinny were still around he used to dabble in this stuff right before he passed...

His Valve Covers were awesome!!!

you know I had gone through and searched for some of his previous posts and such, so I could learn more about the history of SBZ, him and basically this group as a whole, and mustangs in general, and saw some of what he was doing in a previous post. I only ever had the chance to meet him one time, at a time when i was seriously considering buying a mustang for a daily fun toy, as a v6 sonoma is by no means moderatly nor remotely fast, quick or anything else lol.

NUTTSGT
11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Maybe you could put a grommet in each of those holes, might provide a little more protection against a short. They would be covered by the terminal and not seen.