PDA

View Full Version : Sadly every day I seem to loose a little more faith in the direction of this country

Black92LX
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html?test=latestnews
Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment.

Honestly there is nothing one can say. This country is headed in a very scary direction.
I guess every great nation has to fall at some point. Looks like we are on the way down.
Just afraid of who may take our place.

2007ShelbyCobra
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
:eek2: I mean, really?

DeckerEnt
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
So instead of blowing his head off, they detained him. They should have just blew his head off!!!!! I pray that nothing comes of this for our brave Seals!! They keep our country safe. They should get a medal!!

Dirtyd0g
11-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Pathetic, guaranteed the next guy gets a drop gun and a ventilated cranium.
Dead men don't testify or complain. I want to know how this turns out.
Alan

Rick93coupe
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Pathetic, guaranteed the next guy gets a drop gun and a ventilated cranium.
Dead men don't testify or complain. I want to know how this turns out.
Alan

My thoughts exactly. This runs hand in hand with prosecuting terrorist with our judicial system. I can't even believe what's happening anymore.

306Power
11-25-2009, 01:56 AM
This wouldnt have anything to do with our judicial system though would it? I would think it would be International law with it being over sea's in a war zone.

Crucial
11-25-2009, 02:52 AM
maybe they should have just cut his head off and aired that on tv, i mean its ok if they do that why not us ?

TurboNG
11-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Just be sure to keep your Ammo stocked up and keep yourself believing in what you believe in. Don't go with the current, one day we will have our day. And this Shit will stop. Glass can only shatter so much before it breaks apart.

Mista Bone
11-25-2009, 03:58 AM

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.

four6trix
11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
this kinda stuff makes me sick....absolutely unbelievable

Black92LX
11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
This wouldnt have anything to do with our judicial system though would it? I would think it would be International law with it being over sea's in a war zone.

At this point no. But honestly i SEE IT COMING.

Hell we are going to try terrorists who were caught on the battlefield in Civilian Court. That shows the complete and utter ignorance of our current Attorney General. So honestly I would not be surprised if it were to happen.

306Power
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Most people see this country as starting to fall and I can understand why they think that, but me personally I think were still having the "growing pains" of becoming one considering we are one of the younger established countries in the world.

Mista Bone
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Most people see this country as starting to fall and I can understand why they think that, but me personally I think were still having the "growing pains" of becoming one considering we are one of the younger established countries in the world.

At the rate we are going, this country is gonna end up just like every other third world country.

relaxednoma
11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
At the rate we are going, this country is gonna end up just like every other third world country.

i agree

NXcoupe
11-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Those men are professionals. They are a unique group, they were told to bring him in alive, I am sure, and they did as they were told. I hope this is for show and will go through it's course and they will be returned to duty unscathed. SOCOM soldiers are the best we have to offer. I am at a loss for words, really.

beefcake
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
crazy, just crazy

NUTTSGT
11-27-2009, 09:32 AM
The prisoner is resisting , the prisoner is still resisting.

I guess they should have not brought him back alive.

Pops Fun
11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
stupidity

347sc
11-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I think they should have dragged him thru the streets,hung him from a bridge, cut him apart and burned him like he did to the four Blackwater guys he killed with his group.

Very hard to combat this evil with our hands tied and them with no rules of engagement to follow.

ADaughen
11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I read about this on one of my .mil forums.

1. It is sad that no one in their chain of command stopped the BS before it went any further than the complaint.

2. They waived non-judicial punishment (Captain's Mast). This means they feel they have a strong enough case to win.

3. They want this to get out in the public with a Courts Martial to show the citizens what they are up against.

These guys are some of the best target recovery people in the world. If they are ordered to bring back the target alive, they do.

rogers
11-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Our problem is all the limp wristed pussys that run this place! Tree hugging pussys! It is impossible to get along with everyone all the time! And the panty waste "we the people" have for a president goes to show just how sad this country has become!

redfirepearlgt
11-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Speaking from 8 years active US Navy Service.

Chances are that these three heros were required to take this bastard alive. Raises question why their entire chain of command isn't facing the charges. Navy Officers and Chief Petty Offiders (E7-E9)will throw a junior enlisted man to the lions before they would ever stand up for a decision that they rendered or an order that they handed down. Look at the case of the exploding turret on the USS Iowa back in 1989-92. An Admiral, Captain (Ships C.O.), and the Ships Command Master Chief Petty Officer, did their damndest to pin that whole ordeal on an enlisted man named GN3 Kendall. Claimed it was a gay love triangle gone bad to make a long story short (google Iowa Turret incident). According to a documentary on The History Channel - The senior officers were trying to prove that out of date Battleships still had a place in the fleet and could do anything a missile cruiser could do carrying Tomahawks. They gave direct orderes to overload the 16" guns bayond capacity based on the age of the Iowa which led to the disaster.

Example two of US Navy Officers - Tail Hook Convention.

Mista Bone
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
After some of the stuff Dad told me when he was in the service, I have a hard time believing some of the stuff from reports.

Gulf of Tonkin for instance.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2261

It took quite some time for the truth to come out, but I did make my high school history class quite interesting....I normally slept in it.

As Dad explained, radar was useless due to weather, sonar guys got confused, US started firing without knowing were their own boats were. One boat took a 5" round, biggest the North had was a 3", simple friendly fire.

But Navy launched F8E's anyways from Tico as dad called her, USS Ticonderoga CV-14, thus the start of Vietnam War.

redfirepearlgt
11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
These three seals should be given a ticker tape parade for the fabulous way they carried out their mission. There is suredly something rotten smelling in Denmark when three service men all request special courts martial when facing a BS ordeal like this. Sorry I got off on a soap box session earlier. Just tired of the little guy (so to speak) taking it on the chin for the big shots all of the time.

NickBeam
11-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I heard about this. It just absolutely disgusts me.

Crucial
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
thats should teach those seals!! next time just shoot him and tell them you couldnt find him