PDA

View Full Version : US-41 in Morocco, IN... opinions?

12seclx
11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I know Edgewater is done for the year but I'm not....:(

So, upon wondering around on Dragtimes website and searchin'...

I found that US-41 dragway is open this weekend....

Anyone know if that track hooks or what?

It sounds like a decent facility...

"Fact & Figures

The drag strip is 4000 ft. long from the starting line.
60 ft. wide.
662 ft. above sea level.
500 ft. concrete launch pad area (thickness: 12 inches)."

Come on Timmay, post your .02.....

Thanks all!

mustangrfast88
11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
my ex wife family live up there and i have heard it is a good track but never been so i can say how it hooks or anything

cstreu1026
11-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I know a couple of guys from the Dayton Stangboard have been there pretty recently and it seemed to be working pretty well for them.

Jeff88coupe
11-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Timado and MFoss ran there last season at a OSM race that I went to watch at. Track seemed to be working ok..but that was also the middle of summer. What is the weather forcast suppost to be? Anything colder than low 50's for a high and sunny I 'd pass on going...track will probably be too cold to work no matter how well it's prepped.

RIXXX93GT
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Cool Hand Luke just posted some vids on DSB of him and some friends running there recently.

mfoss
11-25-2009, 05:54 PM
I know that track well.It was a long drive 3.5-4hrs. That was my first osm race I won. The track was working good but you never know with test and tune.

Timido
11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
I won an NSCA race there! I like the track. Shouldnt be too far for you Curt. Just remember to look for the small tower in the middle of the Corn Field.

331TwistedWedge
11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
screw it, lets pull the heads / intake out and get started on the porting :lol: its too cold to race, i hate winter :( time to tear them down and build them back up ...

12seclx
11-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies....

My biggest fear right now is driving that far to pull slower sixty foots...
But, one thing to look at too is my car is not a big powerhouse....

I'm not doing anything else so who knows... I'm going through denial about the local tracks closing and need one last day.....:D

It says a high of 54 and sunny right now on the 10 day forecast....
Knowing me, I won't make my mind up til the night before...:rolleyes:

twistedwedge: I'm afraid to port and slow down.. I won't be as lucky as Shannon... I'd probably lose 20hp....:lol:

Steves LX
12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies....

My biggest fear right now is driving that far to pull slower sixty foots...
But, one thing to look at too is my car is not a big powerhouse....

I'm not doing anything else so who knows... I'm going through denial about the local tracks closing and need one last day.....:D

It says a high of 54 and sunny right now on the 10 day forecast....
Knowing me, I won't make my mind up til the night before...:rolleyes:

twistedwedge: I'm afraid to port my heads and intake anymore than they already are and slow down.. I won't be as lucky as Shannon... I'd probably lose 20hp....:lol:

Now that's some funny shit right there. I don't care who you are Jack!!!:lol: J/K I'm just bored!!