PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Kawasaki ZX600R + 1992 ZX600R Parts Bike

leroy93lx
12-01-2009, 12:01 PM
A friend of mine asked me to get rid of this bike for his son. He is wanting a Foxbody to tinker with because his dad has one. A little father son bonding!

Here is the AD I compiled for him. It seems to be a good starter bike or cheap good weather transportation.

I have two motorcycles I would like to sell or possibly trade. The first one is a 1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600R. It has 38,000 miles on it and recently had New Tires, New Chain, New Battery, New Solenoid, all Fresh Fluids and the carb cleaned. It runs and rides great . It also has a FULL Vance and Hines Exhaust and slightly changed gearing. It does have some cosmetic damage from being dropped (NEVER WRECKED). Nothing major, but it is there. It did break one of the turn signals. I have a matching HJC Helmet that also comes with the bike. It is a size Medium.

The other bike is a 1992 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600R that has been used for parts, but does have a good engine and everything still on it. It is missing some parts and the gas tank needs replaced. It leaks in a major way. It has a Yoshimura Slip-On pipe and a lot of other good useable parts. It is also a clean title, so if someone wanted to fix it to be rideable again they could. I would like to sell the pair together or possibly trade for a 79-93 V8 Mustang. I will entertain other trade offers also, I would just prefer a Mustang.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/ncimotorsports/yellow_side_view.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/ncimotorsports/yellow_front2.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/ncimotorsports/yellow_crack.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/ncimotorsports/black_bike_one.jpg

thecollector
12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Interested??? It is an AOD car:( I have 2 rust free O.E. ford fenders to go with it. Has Black and gray interior in good condition. Rust free black hatch on the car. Doors dont sag and the console isn't broken. Hasn't been tagged in 4 years so the gas is turned. O/R H pipe with Forza's into 3" dumps. (sounds nasty especially with the rough idle from destablized gas) If it was a stick car I wouldn't be posting it but don't have the cash to convert and really lost interest in an car I don't look forward to driving.

leroy93lx
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I bet he would trade. Other than junk gas, What does it need? Could I possibly get more pictures of the car? Will it make it back Indiana? You can email them to lroy81@hotmail.com if possible.

thecollector
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I drove it from my shop in Loveland to my house in Fairfield/Hamilton but that was probably ill advised. I would trailer it for any distance over 15 or so miles. I picked it up 2 years ago this feb. as a toy after selling my roush car. Well shortly after I bought it the GF got pregnant I got a promotion at work (RE: more hours and responsibility not much money) and we bought a HUD foreclosure which we have since reworked and currently live in. Needless to say progress on the car hasn't been what I wanted it to be. The car is in my garage but I really want it to just be out of my way. When the GF graduates next fall from college Im picking up an 03-04 cobra. All that being said

I picked up the car and the front pump on the trans was gushing. I opted out of the rebuild and swapped it with an AOD from a fellow banger. I replaced the muffler shop exhaust with some decent stuff (from SBZ) and I backed it out of the garage only to blow the HP line on top of the rack. A few weeks later I pulled the rack and replaced the lines (PITA). Got it all back together and got ready to hit the street... but the water pump was leaking a little. Go to replace the water pump and break off 3 studs in the timing cover:mad:. After a patient evening with a pair of vise grips, a drill, and a long handle tap I reassemble it only to realize the radiator has a slight leak. The motor is strong and quiet. The car is accident free with the ford VIN stickers on all body parts with the exception of the rust free hatch. The interior is nice and not broken down like most foxes. The doors dont sag but are starting to get some cancer at the bottom seams. Not to late to save. I have the alternator on a toggle right now because the resistor on the back of the cluster is missing:confused:. The front tires are pretty thin, the backs have good tread but for all I know since it's been sitting so long they could be flat spotted. Oh yeah somebody robbed it for the LX tails so it has the hideous GT louver lights currently:eek:. I'll try to post up some pics tonight if for some reason your still interested:)... Im trying to get out all the bad things now so you know what your looking at.

leroy93lx
12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
If the strut towers aren't rusty I think he will be interested. I think he will question the alternator and expect it to be fixed though. Just a heads up! Get me some pictures and I will see what he has to say. He is pretty easy to deal with!

thecollector
12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Strut towers arent to bad. The pass is good the drivers is starting to loose paint but cant be breeched VIA screwdriver. When I picked the car up I went over it with a pick trying to break through the critical soft points and the worse I could find was the pass side rocker/door jam area (pictured) which was obvious. The car has been sitting for a long time but I dont feel it needs to be parted out, though if I don't get it out of my way soon Im not above that. I haven't actually tried to sell it I figured in the spring I would make a run at it or just stick it out as a highest offer to get some bolt ons for my cobra.

I could solder a new resistor inline for the charging circuit, I just wired up the toggle one night to verify that the alternator would operate. In the pics the column cover is off because I need to order a percular sized resistor for the circuit. Also the car has a battery i had it on the charger tonight.

Sorry for the horrible pictures in the garage, I don't really have a lot of light to work with. I'll post up a few more.

The car also has a detachable face CD player.

thecollector
12-02-2009, 08:03 PM
More pics