PDA

View Full Version : CJ Pony Parts

mustang112
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
sucks. my buddy ordered a deck lid and a rear tail light panel for his 66 mustang and the tail light panel had a slight bend in it that we got out and the deck lid had a huge dent in it. they sent him an new one and it had a dent in it again and a huge crease on the one side. they sent him another and it was the same as the 2nd one but had dents in different spots. very shitty customer service. and its frustrating because we were trying to have it in primer by the end of november. looks like thats not going to happen.

facemelter71
12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
It probly has some thing to do with the shipping company.I always have problems with body panels getting sent through Fedex.Usually comes in Damaged.Its probly not CJ Pony Parts.

Pitbull1052
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I havent ordered from them yet but I will be in the next week or so....... seems like they have a better selection of stuff than 5.0resto....... I deal alot with shipping damages but it sounds like they tried to fix the problem several times.......

wes 89 gt
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I order almost everything for my fox from cjs and I have never had a problem. Just make sure you order on wed for the free shipping or on the weekends when you get 15% off. which ever is the best at the time.

mustang112
12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
i ran out of time to tell you all that they swore that they were checking them and double packing them before they sent them out and they were still messed up. ill admitt they tried to help him out but after the 3rd one they asked if he wanted a refund. so he took the refund and is getting a fiber glass one now for the same price.

facemelter71
12-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like the shipping company.CJ probly gets the parts from some other souce and has them shipped to them.Once they leave they are in the hands of about 2 dozen different people.Who knows what happens along the way.At least they didnt tell you all to get bent.

R825OH
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
True Andy. I have had real good luck with them.

94tchikinv8
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Definitely the shipping company. Having worked at ABX Air for 5 years, I've seen how this stuff gets handled. One guy I was loading an aircraft belly with purposely jumped up and down on a jeep hood that was being loaded because he thought it was funny. I'm sure the owner really liked his taco shaped hood. It seems like CJ tried to make it right.

-Rob

mustang112
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
they were being nice about it but you would think that they would check them before they shipped out and maybe switch shipping companys or somehting to make sure that it wasnt messed up. you have to agree its bullshit that you have to wait over a month for a deck lid and then have to cancel because 3 of them were fucked up. its rediculous

zlou363lx
12-03-2009, 01:37 AM
you can't blame them for what the shipping company did. they sent out 3 decklids because the shipping company kept dinging them(most likely). they tried to make it right, and in the end your buddy is getting a fiberglass lid for the same price as a replacement.

Blackout
12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
order stuff for classic mustangs from Paddock. http://www.paddockparts.com/paddock/assets/html/homepage.asp Try them when ordering your parts. You can also go there and pick it up if you want to drive to Indiana. My Father-in-Law restores old mustangs and this is the place he orders his parts.