PDA

View Full Version : back seat question

Stangman
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Since there is no dedicated "interior" forum here, Has anyone ever put fox hatchback seats into a coupe???

I have a set of "decent" fox GT rear seats from an '85 hatch, and I've heard that redying them takes the softness out of them and since a coupe was never made with this pattern seat, I want to put it in my coupe. UNLESS i can find someone to cut the cloth off and make it into a coupe seat if I provide the coupe upper back seat.

So with that being said, anyone have pictures of what hatch rear seats look like in a coupe? as in, not just thrown in there, i'm talking NICELY done to appear factory. I'll put the work into it, i just need to know how it's done and see examples...

OR

Does anyone know of someone who does upholstery who can make 2 split seat covers into one and cover a coupe seat?

Thanks a lot!

quik lx
12-02-2009, 01:55 PM
The coupe rear seat upper is much bigger than the hatch...also wider...I dont see how it would work.

When I bought my coupe it had a 95-98 rear seat in it. Didnt fit at all, had 4 inch gaps on both side.

Do you not have a rear seat for a coupe?

Stangman
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I do, but it's not the GT cloth style that I want.

I want it to be like the GT seats I have, with the piping and 2 tone red....

quik lx
12-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I see...well if all else fails The Miami Rubber Co. sells the material and they are here in town.

Stangman
12-04-2009, 03:12 PM
They sell the same material used on the old 4-eyed fox seats???

quik lx
12-04-2009, 05:52 PM
They sell all the factory correct material for all cars. You just have to have it all sewn together.