PDA

View Full Version : New Nitrous law......

Mista Bone
12-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I guess we have to started signing for it now?

Sec. 4511.253. (A) A retailer who sells at retail nitrous
oxide shall require every person who purchases nitrous oxide in
this state from the retailer to complete and sign a nitrous oxide
purchase statement. The department of public safety shall make the
purchase statement available at no charge on its internet web site
and also shall furnish the purchase statement to retail sellers of
nitrous oxide upon request. The director of public safety shall
determine the form and contents of the purchase statement, which
shall include at a minimum the name and address of the retailer,
the name and address of the purchaser, the date of the retail
sale, the amount of nitrous oxide sold to the purchaser, and any
other information the director determines should be included on
the statement. The statement also shall include the following
language in twelve-point boldface type:

Maximus
12-02-2009, 11:56 PM
WOHOO! More Govt in my business!!!:mad:

2007ShelbyCobra
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
cool... that does a lot. :confused2

Kevin1989
12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
people are going to set up speak easys for thier fix now lol

Ranger50
12-03-2009, 12:34 AM
WTF does that solve? Not like you can huff that crap anyways..... Maybe some underground clandestein database to get it off the "streets"?

Mista Bone
12-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Cracker, I was hoping for better reply from you...........guess the well ran dry tonight.

Mista Bone
12-03-2009, 06:39 AM

Since everyone you race you claim they have NAWZ maybe you might get a win............

NOT.

:popcorn:

Get balls in 2010, run UMTR Street Stick AND Tristate Amsoil Street Stick Series.

duststang
12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
What a Joke.

clueless_racing
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
i would iamgine they are thinking if they know the name of a person who purchases nitrous then they can apply that information to there driving license info that police officers pull up on there little computer when you get your tags ran and then they will know you could potentially have nitrous on your car at that present time and give them a reason to search your vehicle for it.Just my guess.

zlou363lx
12-03-2009, 11:10 AM

good contribution....:rolleyes:

i would iamgine they are thinking if they know the name of a person who purchases nitrous then they can apply that information to there driving license info that police officers pull up on there little computer when you get your tags ran and then they will know you could potentially have nitrous on your car at that present time and give them a reason to search your vehicle for it.Just my guess.

that is what i was thinking as well. i'd guess that remote bottle openers may be more useful soon. is there any way to tell if a person has used it recently in a street app?

bestracing
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
is there any way to tell if a person has used it recently in a street app?

Yea, you keep getting your tank filled over the winter while the tracks are closed ;)

Stangman
12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Just another reason to pull you over it looks like...

But what is the difference in nitrous than having a boosted car?? The only difference I see is, Boost never runs out...

They gonna pull you put you on the list if you have a turbo or a blower... just aint fair...

seems like the govt has gotten soo much more paranoid after TF&TF came out...

zlou363lx
12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Yea, you keep getting your tank filled over the winter while the tracks are closed ;)

touche:lol:

k062693w
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Try a little research before jumping the gun !!!

Taken from the actual document ...

"street racing" means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, wherein timing is made of the participating vehicles involving competitive accelerations or speeds.

The only thing the new law will effect is if you are caught "Street Racing" (which is outlined above) is if you have Nitrous, The charge will increase from a Misdimeanor to a Felony ...

cstreu1026
12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Just another reason to pull you over it looks like...

But what is the difference in nitrous than having a boosted car?? The only difference I see is, Boost never runs out...

They gonna pull you put you on the list if you have a turbo or a blower... just aint fair...

seems like the govt has gotten soo much more paranoid after TF&TF came out...

I agree. It's no different than their hard on over so called "assault weapons".

boostanggt
12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Try a little research before jumping the gun !!!

Taken from the actual document ...

The only thing the new law will effect is if you are caught "Street Racing" (which is outlined above) is if you have Nitrous, The charge will increase from a Misdimeanor to a Felony ...

A felony?! That sucks. Well looks like forced induction sales are about to be going up :bigthumb

RACEME
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
A felony?! That sucks. Well looks like forced induction sales are about to be going up :bigthumb

That will just line some lawyers pockets to get the charge reduced back down to a misdemeaner.

Black92LX
12-03-2009, 02:23 PM
WTF does that solve? Not like you can huff that crap anyways..... Maybe some underground clandestein database to get it off the "streets"?

Yes actually you can huff it.

I haven't read the law in it's entirety but I am sure it's on the grounds of individual inhalation vs. vehicle applications.

Much like you have to show your driver's license to get psudophedrin (Sp???)

347sc
12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes actually you can huff it.

I haven't read the law in it's entirety but I am sure it's on the grounds of individual inhalation vs. vehicle applications.

Much like you have to show your driver's license to get psudophedrin (Sp???)

Its not medical grade and has sulfer added to it to prevent just that. I had the same discussing with a Middletown Police officer in my driveway when he stopped and said it was a controlled substance giving me a hard time. Told him to read the label and it plainly states the content of sulfer in parts per million and not to inhale. Not saying idiots havent tried.
Then he tried to do the haz mat thing and it falls way under the need for haz mat restriction being in 10 lb bottles. Of course they still probably wrote it to include all forms.

INSANEBA
12-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I get my bottles refilled either in Indiana or from a friend that runs it on his rail dragster. I'm not worried because either way I wont be filling out any forms lmao! I run it on my bike, and am gonna throw a wet kit on my gt this spring. Screw big brother, they have bigger problems to worry about then what we are shooting through our cars and bikes!

Stangman
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
All in an effort to slowly transform the world in the a living version of "1984"

:D

Black Horse
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
What's next? Soon I'll have to fill out a form before I can crop-dust the bread aisle at Krogers.

Stangman
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
What's next? Soon I'll have to fill out a form before I can crop-dust the bread aisle at Krogers.

:lol::lol::lol: That was awesome Dave!!!

Rick93coupe
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM

Well you know the nut jobs think cow farts are hurting the environment, so it's only a matter of time. :rolleyes:

mcat
12-03-2009, 08:41 PM
give the nitrous away... but charge to inspect the bottle! easy fix

Black92LX
12-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Its not medical grade and has sulfer added to it to prevent just that. I had the same discussing with a Middletown Police officer in my driveway when he stopped and said it was a controlled substance giving me a hard time. Told him to read the label and it plainly states the content of sulfer in parts per million and not to inhale. Not saying idiots havent tried.
Then he tried to do the haz mat thing and it falls way under the need for haz mat restriction being in 10 lb bottles. Of course they still probably wrote it to include all forms.

I am clear on it not being medical grade but it still gets one high. Not to the extent of the medical grade stuff but people still do it.
Amongst many other things people come up with to get high.

NXcoupe
12-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Actually it has Sulphur in it as a gas, when it mixes with the water/moisture in your lungs, mouth, nose, and throat, it becomes an acid that burns incredibly. We have to be very careful working around it because if you inhale it, it burns and makes you sick. I got a lung of it accidently once, not something I would do to get 'high'. Only thing you can huff and still live, is the medical grade.

four6trix
12-04-2009, 09:49 AM
So is it only the "felons" who have to sign the paper to buy nitrous? Sure it's a bit harsh to become a felon based on whether or not you used nitrous in a street race. But, that's the chance you take racing on the street, when it's perfectly legal at the track. Just my opinion. Also, this is just a baby step of where I see this all going. If our country keeps going down the same road, with a bunch of tree-hugging, political correct, pixie-fairies running the show, the only "muscle car" you'll be able to buy will be a 100 horsepower TRD Prius. Believe it.