PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of a new racetrack

mustangboy
12-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm hearing rumors there is a new racetrack headed to N. KY right off the Richwood Rd exit, just south of Florence. I'm hearing for sure a dirt oval and a drag strip but have not confirmed if it is an asphalt drag for cars or dirt drag for quads and tractor pulls. Lets keep our fingers crossed as this is literally 3 miles from my house. BTW this is suppose to be a joint venture between Jerrry Carrol and Eric Deters.

mean5.0
12-06-2009, 12:50 AM
That would be awesome! about 10 or 15 minutes from me.

inferno50
12-06-2009, 01:09 AM
i talked to a guy who works the moler dirt track he heard it will be an asphalt track. sounds like someone is putting some serious money into it. I can only imagine all the draggers getting pissed about the dust from the dirt circle track. I hope they wouldnt try to run them all on the same nights.

mustangboy
12-06-2009, 01:19 AM
I have a hard time seeing them run dirt and drags the same night. I would guess it would be a Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun deal. I did always hear when they built KY Speedway the plan was to build an killer dirt track and drag strip. Maybe Jerry Carrol is finally going thru with those plans. I hope it works out.

DeckerEnt
12-06-2009, 02:19 AM
That would be awesome. Litterally minutes from my shop. Hope it works out!!!!

NXcoupe
12-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Sounds cool, yet another place to go race!

Jeff88coupe
12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
I just heard about this yesterday myself from a friend of Jenn's. She said she saw a sign up on 25 between Richwood and Walton on the site. I haven't driven down there to look for it yet. Kenny...take the mustang out for a spin today....go see what the sign says.

beefcake
12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
that'd be awesome!

MrsAPE
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Not minutes from our house but we know whose house we can crash at after!!

Waffles
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I heard about this a couple weeks ago and can't even imagine that it's true. I honestly think it's a joke. With all the trouble that Florence Speedway has, and all the trouble that Thornhill has (WAY OUT IN THE EFFIN COUNTRY!) I just have to say there's no way I believe anyone could get a track in there. It's just not practical. All the money in Triple Crown would be screaming to all their political connections and nothing would happen.

JonS
12-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I heard about this a couple weeks ago and can't even imagine that it's true. I honestly think it's a joke. With all the trouble that Florence Speedway has, and all the trouble that Thornhill has (WAY OUT IN THE EFFIN COUNTRY!) I just have to say there's no way I believe anyone could get a track in there. It's just not practical. All the money in Triple Crown would be screaming to all their political connections and nothing would happen.

I agree, Triple Crown folks would have a cow. I would settle for a track in Sparta though.:)

mustangboy
12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I know T/C is not far from there but the area they are looking to put it has an industrial park right there on one side, railroad tracks on another and I75 on the other side. Also if it is true Jerry Carroll is involved he obviously knows what it takes to jump thru the legal hoops to get the job done.

Mista Bone
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?p=1013939

inferno50
12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
who knows just wait and see

Stangman
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Will someone come and build a dragstrip out by me already?!?!?!?!

Helloooo!! Lots of country open space out here!! and the diesel boys out here would love it too I'm sure!

Gene
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Considering the people allegedly involved, it sounds like this could happen.

I know some people who are tight with Eric Deters. I'll send some emails and see if I can find anything out.

Mista Bone
12-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Will someone come and build a dragstrip out by me already?!?!?!?!

Helloooo!! Lots of country open space out here!! and the diesel boys out here would love it too I'm sure!

You already have a dragstrip, called Rt. 32 :)

I've always wanted to do a Silver State Classic style run, 32 would be PERFECT for it.

Under two hours from TriCounty to OU campus, we were hauling!

Stangman
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
You already have a dragstrip, called Rt. 32 :)

I've always wanted to do a Silver State Classic style run, 32 would be PERFECT for it.

Under two hours from TriCounty to OU campus, we were hauling!

Yep! Just gotta watch for deer!!

Gene
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Forget the deer...OHP has WAY too much of a presence on that road these days for something like that.

Stangman
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Forget the deer...OHP has WAY too much of a presence on that road these days for something like that.

True.

It's weird though...

Some days, someone could fly down that road doing 100+ and not see a cop, or drive with no plates... because I NEVER see a single cop some times..

Then other days they are all over the place

Gene
12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Seems like every time I go out to Athens (my favorite restaurant, Casa Nueva is there), the road is teeming with cops.

Granted, it's usually on the weekends, maybe they just patrol more then.

Mista Bone
12-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Well, this was some years ago, before Halloween got out of hand.

We left at 2 am. Deer were so bad back then, must have be 96-97.

Any hint of oncoming headlights we slowed to 65 mph, limit was 55 then. Spent most of the time at 100-110 mph, in a Beretta GT, LOL!

Waffles
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Considering the people allegedly involved, it sounds like this could happen.

I know some people who are tight with Eric Deters. I'll send some emails and see if I can find anything out.

Eric is Thornhill's attorney. If he's got anything to do with it, seems like it'd be a conflict of interest. Also, my lawyer and good friend Dave Drake works with Eric. I'm sure I would have gotten a call, but maybe not. I'll find out tomorrow.

bestracing
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM

No different than at the Edge. I personally know two people that hit deer in their race car there and have heard of other stories too.

Mista Bone
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Seems like every time I go out to Athens (my favorite restaurant, Casa Nueva is there), the road is teeming with cops.

Granted, it's usually on the weekends, maybe they just patrol more then.

Oh, now I'm gonna wanna try that place out, gives me a good reason to go to Athens and see family as well. My cousins ex-husbands Auto Body shop is .6 miles away from Casa Nueva.

Gene
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh, now I'm gonna wanna try that place out, gives me a good reason to go to Athens and see family as well. My cousins ex-husbands Auto Body shop is .6 miles away from Casa Nueva.

Awesome food, if you can deal with the slightly hippie-esque nature of the place. I would highly recommend the Enchiladas Verde.

Even better, they have one of the best beer selections I've ever seen, and if you go on the right night they have $2.00 drafts of Marietta Brewing Company beers. :)

KenB
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Gene should write a restaurant guide lol

relaxednoma
12-07-2009, 10:28 AM
That would be amazing to have a track right here. I'm in the same boat, it's minutes from my house then! Although the folks in that linked thread make a great point about the dirt track. Florence Speedway is right by here as well.

mustangboy
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Well I drove down and found the sign. It is 1.5 miles south of the Richwood Rd exit on the right hand side. Who knows how it will turn out but it almost exactly 5 miles from my house so it would be convenient.

PONYGRL
12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Right by your house means right by my house. That'd be sweet and this is the 1st I have heard about it.

mustangboy
12-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Anybody hear anymore on this?

ffmueller81
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
anybody that goes to Athens to go to Casa Nueva..... Pick me up a Goodfellas Pizza and there will be a nice delivery charge for ya.... I haven't had a slice of that since I graduated back in '04... :(

pegasus
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree, Triple Crown folks would have a cow. I would settle for a track in Sparta though.:)

after the racers race they can race to racers ....say that 5 times fast:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
LOL!!! Good one!!!