PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Stangman
12-07-2009, 08:18 AM
....HELL everywhere you goooo!! When the snow is on the ground, and cars are broken down! la de da de da de da de doo!!

I hate snow.

I especially hate the non-drivers that think they can drive in the snow.

On my way to work, going up a slight grade on 275 traffic pretty much comes to a halt, then a crawl by the montgomery rd exit... all because somebody in a 4x4 dodge ram thought they could drive...

DEE DEE DEE!!!!!

I made it to work in a 5 speed mustang for cryin outloud!!

Stupid non drivin fools

This actually should have been in the rants now that I started up...

DeckerEnt
12-07-2009, 08:24 AM
The white Death is here in NKY too. Don't see it sticking too much though. Taking kids to school in a few. We will see how the Beechwood snobs in their Caddy Escilades handle it.

Kevin1989
12-07-2009, 08:25 AM
i hate this.... the car is garage stricken now:(

cstreu1026
12-07-2009, 08:36 AM
It's just going to be around long enough to screw up the morning commute. I am sure glad I got up early came in to work. I new they were calling for snow showers but I didn't expect the roads to get covered so quickly.

Walter
12-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Light snow is no match for my et streets. They have gooves in em you know.

Blackpony
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I grew up in Chicago and for ten years i lived in South Bend Indiana when i went to collage and let me tell you that this is nothing like what happens up north. I remember in Indiana we'd get 2-3 feet in one snow storm. I'm glad i live down here i never have to worry about taking two hours to get to work.

four6trix
12-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I work in downtown Dayton and seriously, you would've thought we were just hit by a blizzard. 80% of people are late to work today b/c I guess 75 pretty much stopped. I'm not gonna lie though, I love snow. The weather sucks this time of year anyway, so if it's gonna be freezing cold outside, I'd rather have snow than have it be cloudy and boring all the time. I know where you guys are coming from though. Back when my GT was the only car I had, especially with 275's on the back, I didn't love it so much.

Stangman
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I grew up in Chicago and for ten years i lived in South Bend Indiana when i went to collage and let me tell you that this is nothing like what happens up north. I remember in Indiana we'd get 2-3 feet in one snow storm. I'm glad i live down here i never have to worry about taking two hours to get to work.

Ahhh don't fool yourself Jim... it still takes 2 hours because nobody around you knows how to drive!! And you're along for the ride!

relaxednoma
12-07-2009, 10:26 AM
There are days when I am very thankful I have to walk downstairs to the basement to work, today is one of them!

Stangman
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I thought the best part about today, was when I got here, a lady was talking to another guy that works here and she said "Yeah, I didnt think my camaro would do as good as my camry in the snow, but i guess since it's front wheel drive its not bad, but I'm used to all wheel drive when I drove my camry"

LOL :lol::lol:

winner70ta
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I work in downtown Dayton and seriously, you would've thought we were just hit by a blizzard. 80% of people are late to work today b/c I guess 75 pretty much stopped. I'm not gonna lie though, I love snow. The weather sucks this time of year anyway, so if it's gonna be freezing cold outside, I'd rather have snow than have it be cloudy and boring all the time. I know where you guys are coming from though. Back when my GT was the only car I had, especially with 275's on the back, I didn't love it so much.

I stayed off of 675 this morning on my way to WSU. Took some backroads which were really icey until I got to N. Fairfield Rd. They had presence of mind to have pre-treated it so it was good. Wife teaches in Xenia, she left before I did and did not get there until 10 minutes after I was at work. She was rattled a bit as those roads were bad and of course everyone else had chicken little syndrome. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Blackpony
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Ahhh don't fool yourself Jim... it still takes 2 hours because nobody around you knows how to drive!! And you're along for the ride!

Your right about that. I think of the first snow down here as a way to weed out all the idiots that think they can drive as fast as they want to then end up in a ditch or a wall. I find it funny how many 4 wd suvs i see in ditches. Kroger is going to be packed tonight by everyone that need to stock up on food

Pitbull1052
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Took me two and a half hours for a 20 min. (normally) trip..... freakn idiots and imagine that every wreck I saw which was 3 every single one was something four wheel drive!!!!!!!!!

k062693w
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Winter Driving Fact : 98% of Americans scream "OH SHIT" as they slide into the ditch on an ice covered road ... The other 2% are from West Virginia and say " Hold my beer and watch this Shit" !!! LMAO

PONYGRL
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I luckily got my blue mustang put in our garage last night. There was a bad wreck on my road right down the st from my house and I turned around in a snowy driveway so I did not have to wait for who knows how long..... Fortunately I got where I was going in the v6 5 speed so I cant complain. I got the tire chains in the trunk just in case!!

306Power
12-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Either I didnt get hit with it or my lazy ass didnt get up in time to see it, I dont see anything on the road or sky in southern Campbell Co.

chadomac
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Why is it that people that live in Ohio ALL there life cant drive in snow. they see a little and complete mayhem breaks loose like they have never driven in it before. its Ohio you had to have driven in it before. and its the same way for rain i just dont get it.

Crucial
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I thought the best part about today, was when I got here, a lady was talking to another guy that works here and she said "Yeah, I didnt think my camaro would do as good as my camry in the snow, but i guess since it's front wheel drive its not bad, but I'm used to all wheel drive when I drove my camry"

LOL :lol::lol: WOW

WOW

Stangman
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Its funny because I have a cousin up in Cleveland that used to live down here... and when she went up there... it was a whole different world.. They drive up there in 1ft like it's 1 inch down here...

Crazy... I can't image.

And not to mention my crazy ass drivin my black car this morning... Wasn't that bad til ya get idiots around you... then it's "watch your ass time"

I learned to drive in the snow in my '77 mustang II... that thing could go almost ANYWHERE... I remember keeping up with 4x4's on the highway!!

5.0calypso93lx
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank god I moved down close to work and it's a 10 min drive all backroads :D

I was hoping to test out the 4x4 on the ranger, but there was pretty much nothing on the roads....

Stangman
12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Hopefully after today i'll be testing out a 4x4 ranger too! but only a 3.0 :(

djom1cincy
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I went from my place off mongomery rd north of 275 to redbank exit on 71 to our shop then to peebles today. From home to the shop usually takes 20 minutes. 80 minutes today. From the shop to peebles wasn't to bad. It only took about 2 hours compared to a hour and half normally. I did see TEN wrecks along the way and they where all on the highway. I just don't get it.

Stangman
12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Exactly... all ya gotta do is drive straight on 32... is it that hard??

93lincolnmk8
12-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Up here in lima at school I watched a kid plow into another car on campus right in front of the dorms with a half ton chevy in a 10 mph zone. It was all I could do to drive by him without laughing at the moron. Luckily no one was hurt.

four6trix
12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I stayed off of 675 this morning on my way to WSU. Took some backroads which were really icey until I got to N. Fairfield Rd. They had presence of mind to have pre-treated it so it was good. Wife teaches in Xenia, she left before I did and did not get there until 10 minutes after I was at work. She was rattled a bit as those roads were bad and of course everyone else had chicken little syndrome. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Aaahhh WSU...let me tell you. Don't ever take a car that you value back into the "residential" area of WSU during bad winter weather. I lived in one of the apartments back there last year. I'll never forget when we got that real bad ice storm one evening and everyone thought they could still drive anywhere in it. There's an area called "the pit" which is just a big parking lot that sits in a valley, so you can't get out without going up hill. Why you would leave your car there before an ice storm hits, I don't know. All night long, all you could hear...tires spinning, cars sliding into curbs. Pure entertainment :bigthumb

Stangman
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Aaahhh WSU...let me tell you. Don't ever take a car that you value back into the "residential" area of WSU during bad winter weather. I lived in one of the apartments back there last year. I'll never forget when we got that real bad ice storm one evening and everyone thought they could still drive anywhere in it. There's an area called "the pit" which is just a big parking lot that sits in a valley, so you can't get out without going up hill. Why you would leave your car there before an ice storm hits, I don't know. All night long, all you could hear...tires spinning, cars sliding into curbs. Pure entertainment :bigthumb

That reminds me of the game Destruction Derby for PS1... you could have a big demo derby in one of several different "bowls"

good times

relaxednoma
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
That reminds me of the game Destruction Derby for PS1... you could have a big demo derby in one of several different "bowls"

good times

i f*cking love that game...in fact I still have it!

Mista Bone
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
What is this snow you are talking about????

I see nothing outside.

I have snow tires to try out......dangit.

wolverine8490
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I left Alexandria this morning at 6:50am. I did not get to work in Mason until 9:40am. 275 onto 471 was stopped. Went around the backroads hit 471 @ Southgate. Took over an hour to go from the southgate exit to 71. Then 71 was on and off all the way up.

It did seem like most of the accidents were SUV's. There was an edge GT right in front of me that looked like it was having no issues. I took the 4x4 Blazer today though :D

thecollector
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Well since Hamilton only budgets deicing for accumulations over 6 inches the roads around my house were covered. I left the focus in the driveway only because Im hoping someone will get in a fender bender with my truck. I woke early salted my accounts and got to work 4 minutes late. Loaded my truck with tools and parts and headed to Mobile. I arrived in Mobile Alabama this evening at 9:13 cincy time with two stops for Diesel and one quiznos pit stop.

I Don't mind driving in the snow. I just wish that if it snows that it dumps on us hard (for cincy thats 4 inches). I get more $$$ in my pocket and the idiots avoid the road that way.

Almost every vehicle I saw spun or flipped today was an SUV or P/U. The median along 71 between 75 and Louisville was littered with winch out marks.

Im gonna have to stick a hydraulic winch on the front of my truck (With the business Id be pulling in Id smoke an electric) so I can start putting extra cash in my pocket en-route to the jobs I have scheduled. I'll make a killing every time it snows one way or another:D