PDA

View Full Version : ccw?

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Just picked up my license yesterday. Now I need to find a holster for a sub compact 40. What types are people using? I was thinking about getting one that goes on the inside of my waste of my pants. What brands are good and places local to find them?

Walter
12-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Don Hume IWB, Shooter's Supply in loveland will have what you need.

87stangbbb
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
did you end up getting a glock 23

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
The g27. Need to get out and fire it. Had it for about 3 months and still no rounds through it.

RIXXX93GT
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I use a Galco belt mount, with thumb release because I mostly wear my shirt untucked and its more comfortable.

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
The 23 is the compact. I went with the 27 smaller subcompact.

Walter
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Should have got the 33, pocket rocket! Wooooooo.

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Should have got the 33, pocket rocket! Wooooooo.

That line has so much joke potential. I will let it slide this one time.

Walter
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
That line has so much joke potential. I will let it slide this one time.

Do it up! :lol:

Glock refers to the 33 as the "pocket rocket" BTW. Check the website.

87stangbbb
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
i love my g 22 i've had it for about 6 months but have only put 65 rounds through it lol but i have almost 400 rounds left. i think my dad, little brother and i are going to target world in a week or 2 anybody ever been there?

Walter
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
TW in unsafe. They just let any jackass in there and shoot. The last time I was there the dipshit kid working the counter (where you pay for the lane) pulled the trigger on a pistol in the gun case that had a round in the chamber (rental guns in this case). He accidentally discharged a round towards the front door 30 seconds before a friend and I walked thru it. I asked the owner what he though, he didnt give two shits. I told him fuck this place and walked out.

Just look at the building from the parking lot and see the bullet holes. Too many clowns in there shooting two pistols at once and "busting off caps" in their "shottie".

Fuck TW.

2Kblacksleeper
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
TW in unsafe. They just let any jackass in there and shoot. The last time I was there the dipshit kid working the counter (where you pay for the lane) pulled the trigger on a pistol in the gun case that had a round in the chamber (rental guns in this case). He accidentally discharged a round towards the front door 30 seconds before a friend and I walked thru it. I asked the owner what he though, he didnt give two shits. I told him fuck this place and walked out.

Just look at the building from the parking lot and see the bullet holes. Too many clowns in there shooting two pistols at once and "busting off caps" in their "shottie".

Fuck TW.

I refuse to go to that SHIT HOLE.

I will drive 1 hour out st rt 32 to Tranquility State park. They have an outdoor pistol and rifle range. It is also free. It is just hard finding it, if you done know where you are going.

John

87stangbbb
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
lol i was going to rent something if they had anything cool

Timido
12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Go to Shooters in Kentucky short drive for a nice place to shoot.

87stangbbb
12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Go to Shooters in Kentucky short drive for a nice place to shoot.
can you rent guns there? do you have their address?

Timido
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.shootersupply.net/ Yes they rent guns. It is clean and a nice place to shoot.

Anouther nice place is http://www.vra-ohio.com/ Near the dayton airport.

2Kblacksleeper
12-08-2009, 08:17 PM
If you shoot right handed you can get a holster just about anywhere. I write and shoot left, but i throw, bat, and golf right. So holsters are a little harder for me to find. I usually end up having to order them.

Do alot of research on them. There are a million out there. lol.

John

RIXXX93GT
12-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I can vouch for www.vra-ohio.com
Professional and run a nice state of the art range, even has indoor rifle lanes.

Pops Fun
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Just picked up my license yesterday. Now I need to find a holster for a sub compact 40. What types are people using? I was thinking about getting one that goes on the inside of my waste of my pants. What brands are good and places local to find them?

Hi
I use a inside the waist band IWB holster. I prefer one that has 2 hooks to spread the weight of the holster. I understand Versa max (http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm)2 is supposed to be the most comfortable. i have one on order will let you know.. it takes about 6 months to get one. I now use a Texas Heritage Tucker (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/teheiwb.html) holster.. i wear all day everyday.. :) unless I go somewhere where it is illegal (bars etc.) take naps with it on etc. I carry a MP9C..
The Crossbreed Supertuck IWB Holster (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IWB/tabid/56/List/0/ProductID/1/Default.aspx?SortField=UnitCost+DESC%2CProductName )is not bad... my 3rd pick. My wife often asks if I am armed.. :lol:

Didn't notice are you in ohio... either way OFFC (http://www.ohioccwforums.org/) forum is a good source of info.

All of them take some getting used to!!
Edit.... I have about 6 holsters ?? it takes a while to fine what is comfortable. Oh by the way welcome to CCW....

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Good infp everyone. I will be looking at all the info people have posted and go from there. I plan on going out Friday to try and find one that fits and feels good.
Pops. Why is the versa max 6 months out on order? I am from Ohio so ill check out the forum you posted. By the way. You getting your car back together?

Pops Fun
12-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Good infp everyone. I will be looking at all the info people have posted and go from there. I plan on going out Friday to try and find one that fits and feels good.
Pops. Why is the versa max 6 months out on order? I am from Ohio so ill check out the forum you posted. By the way. You getting your car back together?
The Versa max is supposedly one of the best and they hand make them.. ?? Another thing about holsters... a leather strip that comes high and protects your skin from the hammer area is great!! A good heavy belt is necessary to carry any weapon!!

The car... taking the shortblock over to Steve Barker (spelling) some time in the next week or so. He built it and I want his opinion on the the shortblock ... (is it cracked)?? Anyway at this point I will probably rebuild it about the same, maybe less compression to make the blower happier!!

may93
12-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I just picked up a Glock 23 myself. Bought the hip holster and it seems to work ok.

2Kblacksleeper
12-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Anyone else on here own a Versa Max holster? How do you like it? Any complaints? I don't want to spend that kind of coin in something I may or may not like. I've already got a kydex and a Don hume that are ok. Its for a G-19. I'm a fluffy guy so I don't wear my belt super tight so I want something that has good retention but not too much if that makes sense.

John

Black92LX
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
There is actually one thing that is more important than the holster and that is your belt.

You need a good belt Milt Sparks is your ideal place unless you live in horse country.

About the best set up is a Milt Sparks Belt with their Versa Max II holster. (Versa Max II is in my opinion the best holster made I can conceal a Full Size Sig in jeans and a T-shirt. And it's very comfortable.

The second best is what I run,
I had a custom bridle belt made locally in Lexington and run a Galco UDC IWB. (ususally for summer carry as there is only one tiny clip on the belt. This holster is only good for sub compact guns.

Of course this is all personal opinion and varies much on body composition and attire.
But I carry a Glock 27 mainly in jeans and a tshirt.

Milt Sparks are worth the wait and money. They are hand made and probably one of the best (huge demand) takes time to fill their orders.

jdubya
12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I have a Galco around my ankle. I carry a Glock 36. It was kinda weird walking around with it on the first week because of the additional weight on one leg. It's very comfortable though.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/jarod_whitaker/holster.jpg

djom1cincy
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I was talking to a friend and he's going to let me try his Milt Sparts vm2 out. If I like it he offered to sell it to me. Said he carried a 27 in at also. He wants 140 for it. I should have it in a few days. I will have to decide if 140 now is better than 110 and a 6 month wait.

Pops Fun
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Let us know what you think!!

ibstrokin
12-10-2009, 01:17 AM
I have a Sprfld xd 9mm, same size as the G27, and a Ruger lcp (.380), I have holsters for them both and carry my lcp almost exclusively. .380 is not my favorite round, but I love the size and weight of the lcp, I can conceal it almost anywhere. If you have any friends with an lcp, borrow it and carry it for a few days, you may find yourself buying a new gun. I'm not knocking the .40, or the G27, but my LCP has spoiled me. Also, rear pocket holsters are available for the LCP, which is where I carry mostly.

Black92LX
12-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I have a Galco around my ankle. I carry a Glock 36. It was kinda weird walking around with it on the first week because of the additional weight on one leg. It's very comfortable though.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/jarod_whitaker/holster.jpg

Have you tired carrying it on the inside of your left leg???
You will find it is much easier to get it then the outside of your strong leg.

Personally I don't like crossing my body that far to pull the pant leg up plus when driving access is far more limited if you need to hit the gas pedal.