PDA

View Full Version : Website help needed

Hangingcogs
12-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I launched my new site on Monday and having a few problems. If you can help or can point me to someone who can, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Metcalf Racing
12-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Blackout on here is my brother in law and he is real good. He is the creator of my web site and it looks real good.

1992MustangDW
12-09-2009, 01:04 PM
+1 good dude

Hangingcogs
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up. If anyone sees or talks to him tell him to PM me or email me at MarciLoehner@yahoo.com. Says he doesn't accept PM's.

Metcalf Racing
12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
His box must be full. I'll talk to him

matts95
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
My neighbor actually has his own company doing web design work. If you need his help let me know he is a really good guy.

Waffles
12-10-2009, 12:19 AM
What kinds of problems are you having? If it's server kinda stuff I can help. I also have guys that do development and graphics.

Hangingcogs
12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure. I have my site on Bluehost and do my writing through Wordpress. I'm having a few problems.

1. The most annoying - on the admin part of Wordpress I can not see any images. I tried setting the permissions to 777 and 755. Didn't change anything.

2. Readers using IE and Chrome are seeing a white box with a red x on certain things. I use firefox and can't see the RSS image or the Follow me on Twitter button.

3. The search box shows up blank on all browsers.

It's just stupid stuff that needs buttoned up. I'd ideally like to find someone to do the "maintenance" on the site. I have no clue what I'm doing!

Blackout
12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
There can be a couple different issues. Sound like a scripting issue. Now are you seeing the "box with red X in it?" or is it other people only?.

Just as a heads up, if you are running a firewall, you may want to disable it when uploading images and files to the server. I have seen in certain cercumstances where your firewall will corrupt the files by filtering the file before it uploads resulting in lost parameters and code.