PDA

View Full Version : Brian Kelly

djom1cincy
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Well its been all over the radio. He's taking the N.D. job. Sucks for U.C. and the football players. Sucks he has to leave before one of the biggest games if not the biggest in school history.

denial
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Sad none of these people can dedicate themselves to one school. I understand the money and taking care of your family, but come on. No dedication anymore, anywhere, anytime.

ND players have to sit inside the same classroom as all other students at school. They are one of not many to do so. Most major schools let there players sit in a special classroom. He will have trouble getting major recruits based on that alone.

cstreu1026
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
I've never understood leaving a big school with a winning program to take over a struggling team just because of the school's status.

Brandon Alsept
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
LOL at least all the UC peeps will have an excuse when they get a beating from FL :lol:

sean
12-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I would say it all comes down to money. Dedication is one thing but its still a job. we dont work to make friends or other people happy. We work because we need to so that we can do what we want with our lives.

chadomac
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
kelly has always said he wanted the ND job he has made it no secret. i mean come on he said he would walk to south bend for the job. good luck coach Kelly.

RIXXX93GT
12-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I dont really blame him especially if it has been a goal of his to coach at ND. Timing sucks but hey he has recruiting to do and thats the name of the game.

firestang70
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
ND was his dream job. He got it. Timing does suck. Especially for his players he already recruited and are now left hanging. Thats puts a bad taste in my mouth. I say boo to ND,Brian Kelly for doing this before their big bowl game. I think that cycle just plain sucks in college football. He will make ND a winner. I hope we can find a great committed coach to keep our program an annual top 25 team.

beefcake
12-10-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah, it's all about the $$ no dedication by the players, the coaches, the owners, anyone

DeckerEnt
12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't understand why he can't finish out the season here. Hell, they are undefeated!!!! Might as well coach the biggest game too.
I hear he told one player he was staying, then shut up about the whole thing. Kind of like getting someone's hopes up, then stomping on them. Unprofessional to say the least.

beefcake
12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't understand why he can't finish out the season here. Hell, they are undefeated!!!! Might as well coach the biggest game too.
I hear he told one player he was staying, then shut up about the whole thing. Kind of like getting someone's hopes up, then stomping on them. Unprofessional to say the least.

i know, i wouldn't want to play for someone that has no loyalty like that at all

BigB96
12-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Had to see it coming, he did the same thing to central michigan. I think it is shitty how he lied to his players of all people. Then gets on webn and says how much he loves the city and so on. Why not just be up front about it? If uc wants to be a regular bcs contender, they need to step up next time they have a good coach and make an offer they cant refuse. Instead of being a stepping stone for good coaches. I wonder what uc tried to do to keep kelly?

COOP
12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Had to see it coming, he did the same thing to central michigan. I think it is shitty how he lied to his players of all people. Then gets on webn and says how much he loves the city and so on. Why not just be up front about it? If uc wants to be a regular bcs contender, they need to step up next time they have a good coach and make an offer they cant refuse. Instead of being a stepping stone for good coaches. I wonder what uc tried to do to keep kelly?

You mean what they tried to do for him aside from committing millions to expanding Nippert, building an indoor facility and renegotiating his contract at least twice in the past two years? Probably not much. Good point.

Brandon Alsept
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Because this is prime college football recruiting time. ND has paid Kelly to make them a force again, they could care less about how UC does they want there program with Kelly to get underway. Which I don't think he can as he has never recruited any real talent. He inherited all his stars at UC from Dantonio. But none of his people he has been in talks with leading up to this point have signed with UC and they have said they will follow Kelly.

Blackballed
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
I feel bad for our Bearcat Football players who put their hearts and souls into this season. F**K Kelly and the horse he came in on:flipoff:. The NCAA should have rules and regulations against this kind of crap. They have rules for players and everything else. Also ND should be ashamed of themselves coming after our coach during our perfect season. BOOOOOOO For Fighting Irish. We can't help is ND SUCKS... and they have for years.... BEARCATS FOREVER, KELLY NEVER.....

BlazinEagle
12-11-2009, 12:21 AM
He will not win at ND like he is at UC...You have to have a 4.0 to get into ND..Come on how many real athletes can accomplish that? GO CATS...I think Kelly just committed football coach suicide!

BradleyGT
12-11-2009, 01:46 AM
If he restores ND to greatness he will become the greatest coach in College Football history. But I am upset about the whole thing. I hope the Cats can shake it and play like they can and hand Tebow a loss to end his College Career. GO CATS!!!

Timido
12-11-2009, 05:22 AM
When Kelly has a couple soso seasons at ND he will be washed away like the rest of their coachs . Here he would allways be a god.

mustang8998
12-11-2009, 06:49 AM
When Kelly has a couple soso seasons at ND he will be washed away like the rest of their coachs . Here he would allways be a god.

Yep!

Davie
Willingham
Weis

Now add Kelly!

Rustanggt98
12-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Reason #412,850 that the BCS is completely retarded.

If there was a playoff system and UC still had a shot at the National Championship do you think he would wait and finish out the season, or bolt early? As it sits the very best they can do is finish undefeated and be #2, big whoop.

BigB96
12-11-2009, 07:57 AM
You mean what they tried to do for him aside from committing millions to expanding Nippert, building an indoor facility and renegotiating his contract at least twice in the past two years? Probably not much. Good point.

Yes, aside from that. All that was already in the works. I mean once uc had known that he had been talkin to nd. Maybe there was nothing uc could offer him to stay, who knows. All i know is i lost any respect i had for kelly the way he handled it.

Pitbull1052
12-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Totally agree Keith, that's the only problem I have with the whole thing is atleast exit with the same class you've shown the whole time you've been here instead of acting like a coach whore.... they shouldnt even been allowed to have conversations with him until the season was over, could you imagine an NFL team making it to the superbowl and the coach quitting a few days before it..... just doesnt make any sense finish what you start......

Blackpony
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I graduated from Notre Dame in 99 and i'm glad a person like Brian Kelly got the job. He deserves his chance and i think he has earned it. I have a friend that works for the athletic department for ND and he said that BK has been on everyones mind at the campus since october. I do believe he should have waited till the Sugar Bowl to announce his exit. The only reason i believe he's leaving early is because he's got a lot of work to get started on for next years season.

RIXXX93GT
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Guys its apples and oranges, I would love to see him stay also but its not realistic, NCAA football is huge business and Notre Dame for those that may be younger is one of the absolute top historic programs in the land(I personally dont like them because they stole too much attention from the actual top program in the land "The Buckeyes"). Doesnt seem like it because of the recent record but they have some serious football bragging rights. Brian Kelley I believe is a devout catholic so ND is as big as it gets. It doesnt hurt that he is going to make a bazillion dollars a year but even if Cincy had matched that offer or even beat it I bet he would have left. Not saying it doesnt suck it just was inevitable.

04 Venom
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
He wanted the big money and he got it. However, he promised the players they would be the first to know and he broke that promise and you can see how the UC players reacted to it--not well. I don't blame them.

nkystanger
12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Sad none of these people can dedicate themselves to one school. I understand the money and taking care of your family, but come on. No dedication anymore, anywhere, anytime.

ND players have to sit inside the same classroom as all other students at school. They are one of not many to do so. Most major schools let there players sit in a special classroom. He will have trouble getting major recruits based on that alone.

I dont blame him, if he were struggling at uc they would have fired him in a heartbeat(see what louisville just did to their coach). it works both ways, not dedication from anyone anymore.

Notre Dame doesnt have a problem getting recruits, they have been in the top ten the last few years. What they have been missing is a good coach. Two out of the last three coaches there, Davie, Willingham and Weis never really had experience has a head coach at the college level before. I think Kelly will be fine at Notre Dame and UC wil be fine with they find a coach.

By the way, all of the top uc coaching prospects all have bowl games, if uc hires a head coach in the next few weeks, then they are basically doing the same thing Notre Dame did to them, taking a head coach away before he coaches his ex team in their bowl game.

I blame the ncaa for this, they just need to go ahead and move to a bracket playoff format for the bcs bowl teams. not wait a month after the season ends to play big games also.

nkystanger
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM

I think its very hard when this situation comes up. If i get a great offer from another company i sure not coming into work to tell my supervisor and coworkers about it until its a done deal....

Did you want him to tell the players before the Pitt game that he was in talks with Notre Dame? Maybe get on webn and tell us how great Notre Dame is ?

BigB96
12-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I see what your saying nky. Maybe it wouldnt be as bad if he could at least finish the season out. What you think would have happened if uc was playing for the title? That wouldnt stop him from going to nd but i do think he would finish the season out for that game.

nkystanger
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I see what your saying nky. Maybe it wouldnt be as bad if he could at least finish the season out. What you think would have happened if uc was playing for the title? That wouldnt stop him from going to nd but i do think he would finish the season out for that game.

Not sure, i would think if they are playing for a title..he would be still coaching uc.

DeckerEnt
12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
So how is being undefeated and a bowl game coming up not as big as a title?

Rustanggt98
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
So how is being undefeated and a bowl game coming up not as big as a title?

Who finished #2 in the polls last year?:confused::confused:

BigB96
12-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Who do yous think they should or will replace him with? I heard boise states coach is one of the names being thrown around.

BlazinEagle
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Boise state coach, one of the Bowdens....Maybe houstons coach???I hope someone who will just use UC as a stepping stone to the next job.

boostanggt
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Sucks it had to happen. I can't even imagine how the players are going to prepare for the game.

exrider416
12-12-2009, 04:12 AM
They got permission to talk to Houston's coach. Also Skip Holtz they are looking at.. I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly's offensive coordinator stay, he is the one coaching the bowl. Also on Notre Dame being Top 10 in recruiting. Thats is only because they get top recruits on the O line which jumps there stock up. They have serious trouble recruiting skilled position players with there academics. Rumor was Kelly asked them to lower there academics so he could recruit at a high level, doubt they granted him that.

331TwistedWedge
12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Im just glad UC & Brian Kelly crossed paths, for that, we have a much better football program today ... its now a very attractive job for the next mid major, or div II type hot shot coach ... UC is a stepping stone, maybe one day that will change ...

if texas misses that kick, i say BK remains at UC ... its a lifetime goal of any coach to want to play for a national championship ... dream job or not, theres no way you walk out on a national championship bowl game ...

chadomac
12-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Im just glad UC & Brian Kelly crossed paths, for that, we have a much better football program today ... its now a very attractive job for the next mid major, or div II type hot shot coach ... UC is a stepping stone, maybe one day that will change ...

if texas misses that kick, i say BK remains at UC ... its a lifetime goal of any coach to want to play for a national championship ... dream job or not, theres no way you walk out on a national championship bowl game ...

i agree...... oh yea update your sig

331TwistedWedge
12-12-2009, 10:15 AM
i agree...... oh yea update your sig

oh $hit, will do ...

i remember when dantonio left for michigan state, i felt the way i did now ... thought for sure uc football was going to suffer ...

BK + notre dame is going to be a strong combo ... hate to see that team in 3-4 years ...

93cobra
12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
i don't care what anyone says...right or wrong...if the same dollars were on the table for you to get your hands on, you would play it off or tell people what you had to tell them, be media, players...whoever, to get the deal you want. Not a single one of you would pass on an oppurtunity to get 3 times + your current salary (for same position) to stay at your current job...not even getting into the all the other factors that are a value to him

mustang8998
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM
i don't care what anyone says...right or wrong...if the same dollars were on the table for you to get your hands on, you would play it off or tell people what you had to tell them, be media, players...whoever, to get the deal you want. Not a single one of you would pass on an oppurtunity to get 3 times + your current salary (for same position) to stay at your current job...not even getting into the all the other factors that are a value to him

You're right, Johnny. Plus, it was his dream job!

And I'm tired of hearing, about loyalty. Loyalty to WHO? He wasn't loyal to CM, was he? That could be carried all the way back, to his High School days, right. He should still be coaching for his home town team! :rolleyes:

Then, there is the "He lied to these kids" comments. I'd venture to say that all of the players, are over 18 and that makes them adults. Quit treating them like children and use it as a life lesson. Life sucks, DEAL WITH IT!

/Rant

Now, go use that pent up anger and bust Tebow and the boys in the ass! :bigthumb

GO CATS!

nkystanger
12-12-2009, 04:38 PM
They got permission to talk to Houston's coach. Also Skip Holtz they are looking at.. I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly's offensive coordinator stay, he is the one coaching the bowl. Also on Notre Dame being Top 10 in recruiting. Thats is only because they get top recruits on the O line which jumps there stock up. They have serious trouble recruiting skilled position players with there academics. Rumor was Kelly asked them to lower there academics so he could recruit at a high level, doubt they granted him that.

They have no problem in the skill position. They had the best dual wide recievers in ncaa with Tate and Floyd. Their qb Jimmy Claussen was another 5 star recruit.

They signed the number one linebacker last year Manti Te'o, Usc wanted him bad.

If anything they need better offensive and defensive line. The o line was improved this year but has been terrible the last few years.

Weis could recruit but he was more into signing offensive skilled players.