PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the best???

blown86lx
12-11-2009, 07:21 PM
I am buying a 1993 turbocharged gt ( I hope) All stock motor it has an on3perfomance kit with 70mm turbo, 42lb injectors, calibrated mass meter and a 255lph in tank pump.And the ecu is already chipped. Who does good turbo tunes that i can safely run on the street. Its at 7 psi right now but i wanna get the 10psi spring for the wastegate. Im a little north west of columbus but would be willing to drive for a good tune. And what should i expect to pay for a tune?

stocknotch
12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Cincy Speed is the best around hands down. It's well worth the drive! Jump on 75S and dont stop till you hit exit 9 I believe. It's the paddock exit. They'll hook ya up!

9cobra4
12-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Modular depot.

redfirepearlgt
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Both of these places are very good at what they do. Cincy is a little more personable and is closer to Columbus by about 20 minutes. You can't go wrong either way technically speaking though IMO.

mustangrfast88
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
i would say go to cincy speed

NXcoupe
12-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I would say go to Dayton Performance. Ben is about to put an On3 kit on his car, and just got through tuning a guy that had a 5.0 with one on it. Cincy Speed, MD and Dayton Pefrormance all three have the exact same loading dyno from DynJet. And we all 3 support this site.

stocknotch
12-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Cincy Speed is the best around hands down. It's well worth the drive! Jump on 75S and dont stop till you hit exit 9 I believe. It's the paddock exit. They'll hook ya up!

You'll thank me after it's all said and done. I promise you that! There's places that tune and make big power safely and then....there's places that dont!!!!:bigthumb

NXcoupe
12-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Exactly. And all three of these places do good work or they wouldn't be in business. Everyone has their favorites, doesn't mean the rest aren't just as good tho.

Waffles
12-15-2009, 04:05 AM
I get a lot of my bolt on stuff from Craig @ Cincy and I know MD does good work too. Dayton Performance really went the distance and went through a lot of hassle for me on my tune so I usually toss my reference that direction. You can't go wrong with the all the support in this area tho.

cstreu1026
12-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I've done business with all the places mentioned and they all do good work. Mike and Ben at DP have done all the tunes on my car and I have been nothing but happy with them.

WHYTRY
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
cincy speed ask for adam or craig good guys to deal with.

1992MustangDW
12-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I heard md and dayton performance does really good work, I have seen a bunch of cars come out of those shops that run AWESOME!

kennebellcobra
12-15-2009, 12:07 PM
No complaints with MD:bigthumb

egbertnr
12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Let me know who you go with bc I will be crossing that bridge in a few months. I dont think you can go wrong with either place at this point!

facemelter71
12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Ill have my Turbo setup next year.Adam will be my Tuner from Cincy Speed.
And he has tuned my 331 setup in the car now.Runs awesome,even has 60 pound injectors as it sits right now.Runs and idles like a champ.

dsmawd350
12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Cincy Speed definately has a crew of knowledgeble and talented guys down there!

recklessop
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Dayton Performance has been there for me... even when I do mess something up, they have always been able to figure it out:cool1:

05yellowgt
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I've never had any regrets with having the guys at Dayton Performance work on my ride. They've helped get the car from bone stock to where it sits today and I'm very satisfied with my decision. Not to take away from either MD or CS, you can't go wrong with either of the 3 choices.

93VertLX
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
The only one I can comment on is Dayton Performance. They've been great to me so I've had no reason to try anywhere else :bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I started with Dayton Performance after another shop had built my first engine and it didnt last long. Mike and Matt built and tuned the current combination. if I have not personally done the work to my car then they have. The only issue I ever had was when I stuck my fat fingers in it and then Mike spent hours diagnosing what had happened, and got it dead on once again. I went through the past two years in UMTR without having to do anything more than changing the oil. Have heard nothing but good things out of Cincy Speed or MD also. Good luck with your project.

Rick93coupe
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Don't forget about Precision Autosports if you decide your coming to Dayton.
http://precision-autosports.com/contact.php

Kid_Money
12-16-2009, 02:50 AM
I heard md and dayton performance does really good work, I have seen a bunch of cars come out of those shops that run AWESOME!

Well, Adam down at Cincy Speed will be tuning my car. And I guess I would just have to race anything that those other shops haved tuned on out on the street. Adam know's what it takes to actually make a car run good numbers. so, if anyone is interested in my call out, let me know. :bigthumb

black90lx
12-16-2009, 03:09 AM

that place is a joke to be honest. i have seen cars pull in there and run worse than what they did pulling out. at idle they would puff black smoke and when he made a pull it would roll black smoke i would have to step outside because it burned my eyes from the fumes and he sent them out the door like that. one of the cars was a 331 with eagle internals, trick flow heads and victor jr intake with a c-4 and it didn't break 300hp on motor or 450 with a 200 shot on a gemini plate kit. adam at cincy speed in the only guy that would ever touch my car. he will go out of his way to help you and if he doesn't know something he will call somebody that does but that is rare.

Waffles
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Dayton Performance has been there for me... even when I do mess something up, they have always been able to figure it out:cool1:

lol... that's where I usually end up... done something stupid and them bailing my dumb ass out.

Honestly, they're the only people that have just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. There is one guy that has helped me a lot that recommends them which is why I called them at all, but one phone call is all it took to convince me never to call them again. If DP, MD, and Cincy all went out of business these jokers wouldn't get any of my money.

1992MustangDW
12-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, Adam down at Cincy Speed will be tuning my car. And I guess I would just have to race anything that those other shops haved tuned on out on the street. Adam know's what it takes to actually make a car run good numbers. so, if anyone is interested in my call out, let me know. :bigthumb

They dyno'd my Brother and my moms car.

Metcalf Racing
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Well boys I know Mike at DP and Jeff at precision and they are both as cool as it gets. But at the end of the day my loyalty has to remain with Cincy Speed. Craig has been there for me more than could ever be expected. Our groups cars are usually in the spot lite because we like to race and make a big deal of it, so our stuff has to be right. Cincy speed has never let me down. Thanks Again Craig,Adam,and Tracey

Metcalf Racing
12-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Can't say anything for MD because Ken B won't ever return my calls

quik lx
12-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Adam @ Cincy Speed got me the highest HP Roush Stage 3 motor in the country (without nitrous) (according to the FN sweet Roush web site) Car runs like a dream with me beating on it every shift!!! Highly recommended.

Rick93coupe
12-16-2009, 06:35 PM
that place is a joke to be honest. i have seen cars pull in there and run worse than what they did pulling out. at idle they would puff black smoke and when he made a pull it would roll black smoke i would have to step outside because it burned my eyes from the fumes and he sent them out the door like that. one of the cars was a 331 with eagle internals, trick flow heads and victor jr intake with a c-4 and it didn't break 300hp on motor or 450 with a 200 shot on a gemini plate kit. adam at cincy speed in the only guy that would ever touch my car. he will go out of his way to help you and if he doesn't know something he will call somebody that does but that is rare.

Ya know, if you ask around you can find someone who has had problems with any shop around, and that includes the big name machine shops. Also, for as many complaints that you hear, there are way more satisfied people you never hear about, if not that shop wouldn't be in business. As far as the car you gave as an example. It's irresponsible to say that this car's performance is directly related to the tune he got there. Tuning a car isn't quantum physics and every shop mentioned is trained in the systems they tune. I've seen dozens of pulls / tuning sessions aborted because the car had problems that a keyboard couldn't fix. :cool2:

Waffles
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Ya know, if you ask around you can find someone who has had problems with any shop around, and that includes the big name machine shops. Also, for as many complaints that you hear, there are way more satisfied people you never hear about, if not that shop wouldn't be in business. As far as the car you gave as an example. It's irresponsible to say that this car's performance is directly related to the tune he got there. Tuning a car isn't quantum physics and every shop mentioned is trained in the systems they tune. I've seen dozens of pulls / tuning sessions aborted because the car had problems that a keyboard couldn't fix. :cool2:

Excellent post. All of these shops do good work as I think we've heard from at least someone who's satisfied with each. In my judgment, where I return is where I get good customer service. Dayton Performance and Cincy Speed will continue to get my business, and with any luck I'll be able to give them more soon!

I hated Precision because of my initial phone call. If you want my business, sell me on why you're better, not why the other guy has problems. It was a total turn off and the guy was very condescending. I was essentially supposed to believe that Mike Bell did shoddy work because this guy said so. I didn't know Mike then, I'd only placed the same phone call that I had to all the shops when I was looking for a tuner. Also, the guy REALLY didn't want to let me off the phone without getting my credit card. Just not cool...

I should edit to include that Precision ended up with even more egg on their face when Mike ended up going way above and beyond for me.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59408

black90lx
12-16-2009, 11:33 PM

i just stated what i seen. the other car was a stock short block with trickflow heads, x cam, vic jr intake,sct chip, 30lb inj and a nx gemini plate kit. it made 265hp on motor 406hp on a 200 shot and 408hp on a 300 shot after he was done. my car with trickflow heads,systemax 2 intake, tfs stage 1 cam, stock short block made 309 on the motor untuned.

Rick93coupe
12-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I hear what your saying, but your not comparing apples to apples. You can't take your N/A power and relate it to someone else's with a completely different combination. His intake was all wrong for that combination to begin with. As far as the N20 is concerned, something else was wrong there. I'd say he probably needed a colder plug when he stepped it up another 100.

black90lx
12-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I hear what your saying, but your not comparing apples to apples. You can't take your N/A power and relate it to someone else's with a completely different combination. His intake was all wrong for that combination to begin with. As far as the N20 is concerned, something else was wrong there. I'd say he probably needed a colder plug when he stepped it up another 100.

they tried different plugs. but how did my stock untuned 302 make more power than a tuned 331 stroker? my car out e.t'd the 331 too. we could argue all day about this all day buddy. lol..... because you are friends with jeff and i'm friends with adam. lol

Rick93coupe
12-17-2009, 12:09 AM
they tried different plugs. but how did my stock untuned 302 make more power than a tuned 331 stroker? my car out e.t'd the 331 too. we could argue all day about this all day buddy. lol..... because you are friends with jeff and i'm friends with adam. lol

:D Actually I'm not arguing, I'm just saying something else was a miss. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that someone else's magic laptop could have fixed that problem with just a keystroke.
I don't know Adam but he does get a lot of good feedback. :bigthumb

By the way, you said the other car was a stock short block too.

1992MustangDW
12-17-2009, 12:24 AM
anyone know why my moms car keeps dropping tunes? also stalls when put into gear.

chad393na
12-17-2009, 12:26 AM

Very good post. I will tell you I have worked at two of the shops listed, Precision and Dayton performance, and they both turn out really good work. There is a lot of factors that go into a customer being satisfied with a shop. Sometimes you can get a guy that comes to you with major issues that they themselves may have caused, and they expect you to get these issues fixed and make major power in an hour or less. When you can't perform this feat in sometimes an unreasonable amount of time, they think that you are trying to screw them over. Then they go tell everyone they know how bad a certain shop fvcked them over. Do something good, a customer may tell 10 people, do something"bad" (even if its out of your control) they will tell 100.

black90lx
12-17-2009, 02:22 AM
:D Actually I'm not arguing, I'm just saying something else was a miss. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that someone else's magic laptop could have fixed that problem with just a keystroke.
I don't know Adam but he does get a lot of good feedback. :bigthumb

By the way, you said the other car was a stock short block too.

yea i know buddy i wasn't either.:lol: it was the same car but it went there with a stock short block then went to the track and broke the crank in half. we put a 331 in and it only made 30hp more on the motor and 40hp more on the same. all i know is i would be mad if i paid $1800 for a shortblock that only picked me up a little on hp.

Kid_Money
12-17-2009, 03:10 AM

How was the intake all wrong? It was actually the perfect intake for the combination. The tuner was wrong. The car was so rich you could barely drive it, and HE WOULD NOT TUNE IT OUT OF IT. Not to mention he blew my 6AL box, and then made me BUY A NEW ONE. But it was all good, I sold the car for a lot more money than I had in it, and I got a new ride. One that won't ever be up there. My offer still stands whenever Adam get's done tuning my car. Are you guys are WAY OFF if you don't think a good tune can pick up a ton of HP over a junk one. If that was the case, why would people even tune their cars? :confused:

Dirtyd0g
12-17-2009, 04:06 AM
I hate to see this turning into a bashing session. I will say I know of work from every one of the shops mentioned. All of these places have invested lots of time and money to do this. They have all been educated in what it takes and probably all have tricks the others don't have. That is called experience. I wouldn't hesitate to take a vehicle to any one of them. With my business I try to work with the one that works with me the most, sort of pass the favor. In my opinion go with the one that is most convenient for you.
Alan

jlt2006
12-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I cannot say what the Dayton shops can do, have not used them.
I am a very satisfied customer of both Cincy Speed and MD. MD did my tune on my 06 and Cincy Speed did the Spec3+ clutch and rear gears. Very satisfied with both and will use them in the future.

leroy93lx
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I need a tune in the 89 right now and you guys are making it very hard to choose! I will just buy a 3 bank chip and have MD, Cincy and Dayton each put a tune in it! HeHe

Metcalf Racing
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
You'd be the happiest with Cincy Speed

cstreu1026
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
My suggestion is to go visit each shop in person and make a decision afterwards. I think you will get a much better feel for things by actually talking to someone in person than you will reading the opinions of people on a message board.

leroy93lx
12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
My suggestion is to go visit each shop in person and make a decision afterwards. I think you will get a much better feel for things by actually talking to someone in person than you will reading the opinions of people on a message board.

I completely agree with that. Only downfall is I am 2 hours away from Cincy. I could make a day trip out of it though, and probably will. I can be in Dayton in about an hour. I would prefer to support a shop on this site, but its pretty sad there isnt a decent shop in Indiana! You guys have 4 reputable shops in a 50 mile radius. We dont have 4 in the state of Indiana.

dsmawd350
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
what they will say to you to butter you up and real world result are 2 different things...I think Cincy Speed has real world resuts and very good ones at that to back up their talk

black90lx
12-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I completely agree with that. Only downfall is I am 2 hours away from Cincy. I could make a day trip out of it though, and probably will. I can be in Dayton in about an hour. I would prefer to support a shop on this site, but its pretty sad there isnt a decent shop in Indiana! You guys have 4 reputable shops in a 50 mile radius. We dont have 4 in the state of Indiana.

cincy hands down. you will be more than happy with there work. i have seen a ton of adam's work and it amazes me by what he can do to a car. there was a certain turbo mustang that he tuned and it put down 619hp on a stock short block and it is still around. hell it even drives around like a stock mustang and i will bet it gets 18mpg atleast on the street on race gas.

leroy93lx
12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
The 89 is just a NA 11:1 331 with AFR 185s, Jesel valvetrain, RPM2 Intake a mild custom cam. Hoping for 380-400+ at the wheels. My main concern is making the cold idle better and good drivability though! Its a pretty simple set-up really.

Kid_Money
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I need a tune in the 89 right now and you guys are making it very hard to choose! I will just buy a 3 bank chip and have MD, Cincy and Dayton each put a tune in it! HeHe

Ha ha, I would love to see the results of this test! That is a great idea. :bigthumb

k062693w
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
A good carb man doesn't need a dyno !!! LOL

black90lx
12-17-2009, 06:49 PM
The 89 is just a NA 11:1 331 with AFR 185s, Jesel valvetrain, RPM2 Intake a mild custom cam. Hoping for 380-400+ at the wheels. My main concern is making the cold idle better and good drivability though! Its a pretty simple set-up really.

since you wanna make over 300 i wouldn't take it to precision.

black90lx
12-17-2009, 06:54 PM

that would be a good test but i already know what the outcome is going to be. i have seen mike bell tune and he is pretty good but i already said who is the best and will make your car drive around like stock until you cram the gas then shit gets loose.:bigthumb

e5shea
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I've been a Dayton Performance customer for 4 years now. Mike and his guys have done some great work, and fought some good battles for me with vendors. Mike has safely tuned my bone stock long block 2v to 270rwhp and 310rwtq. Its been good for for 12.5xx - 12.7xx's for over 100 1/4 mile runs.

flyin2jz
12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
wow this thread is amazing. THe one guy bashin the shit out of precision has never had his car tuned there. YOu are gonna tell me u based the shop sucking on the power a specific car made at the shop. What if the guys motor sucked balls. we have no idea what was wrong with that car. Jeff will do anything he can to fix a car with a tune but if his craps junk he isnt going to make any power no matter what the tune is. I wouldnt post this if you had an after tune with another tuner. we all have our favorite tuners its really not fair to the other guys when u bash them because of one guys junk ass car. ANother thing i have been at jeffs shop 500 times and heard people in there bad mouthing bell but jeff would always be the standup guy and tell them to not knock bell unless u have used him. I never understood why he did this but he always stuck up for bell. O and your 306 that made 309 hp is junk too, mine made 360 at jeffs shop. See what a douche i just sounded like. welcome to douche bag land.

black90lx
12-17-2009, 08:15 PM
wow this thread is amazing. THe one guy bashin the shit out of precision has never had his car tuned there. YOu are gonna tell me u based the shop sucking on the power a specific car made at the shop. What if the guys motor sucked balls. we have no idea what was wrong with that car. Jeff will do anything he can to fix a car with a tune but if his craps junk he isnt going to make any power no matter what the tune is. I wouldnt post this if you had an after tune with another tuner. we all have our favorite tuners its really not fair to the other guys when u bash them because of one guys junk ass car. ANother thing i have been at jeffs shop 500 times and heard people in there bad mouthing bell but jeff would always be the standup guy and tell them to not knock bell unless u have used him. I never understood why he did this but he always stuck up for bell. O and your 306 that made 309 hp is junk too, mine made 360 at jeffs shop. See what a douche i just sounded like. welcome to douche bag land.

i never had a 306, read my post. it was a stock short block UNTUNED with atleast 300 quarter mile passes on it. the car was drove there both times and left running worse. yea it was the junk ass motor but it would puff black smoke at idle and filll the dyno full of black smoke which is from it running rich. driveability just flat out sucked when we left the shop. my car was never tuned there cuz i didn't want my car to run worse $500 later. i was there when the cars were tuned so i know what happened. how is a 331 that was never ran and built from a reputible shop junk?

flyin2jz
12-17-2009, 09:05 PM
The 331 could have had issues. We have no idea. So to bash the shop because of that really isn't fair. I used to run a chip that was tuned at md and I drove it there with the timing set and that was it. I left there 500 light and made 1rwhp more than when I came in. Mark Riley can attest to this he was there. I didn't get on the boards and bash ken saying he can't tune a car. He could only do so much and I was smart enough to understand that. Jeff at precision had a chip in my current combo which is a 347 and I decided to go to a pms. The pms was tuned by jeff also. We tested before the swap and the pms made 15 more rwhp than we could do with the chip. We even put the chip back in and copied the tune to the chip. It still didn't make the power. So jeff said hey if it makes more power then use it. Didn't bash me for trying something that wouldn't keep me going tithe shop when I changed anything. Chips can't be changed at the track like a Anderson pms can and u can tune it on the street if u have a wideband. Just another option for the original poster. So my car made 41 more hp than yours with 4 more cubes. That doesn't mean that your car sucked it just mine was different. U can't base that one guys car on anything. Much less bash the tuner. I've seen jeff work on a car I'll he was putting his parts on peoples cars to try to fix the problems they came in with. U can't tune junk. End of story

Metcalf Racing
12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
The 331 could have had issues. We have no idea. So to bash the shop because of that really isn't fair. I used to run a chip that was tuned at md and I drove it there with the timing set and that was it. I left there 500 light and made 1rwhp more than when I came in. Mark Riley can attest to this he was there. I didn't get on the boards and bash ken saying he can't tune a car. He could only do so much and I was smart enough to understand that. Jeff at precision had a chip in my current combo which is a 347 and I decided to go to a pms. The pms was tuned by jeff also. We tested before the swap and the pms made 15 more rwhp than we could do with the chip. We even put the chip back in and copied the tune to the chip. It still didn't make the power. So jeff said hey if it makes more power then use it. Didn't bash me for trying something that wouldn't keep me going tithe shop when I changed anything. Chips can't be changed at the track like a Anderson pms can and u can tune it on the street if u have a wideband. Just another option for the original poster. So my car made 41 more hp than yours with 4 more cubes. That doesn't mean that your car sucked it just mine was different. U can't base that one guys car on anything. Much less bash the tuner. I've seen jeff work on a car I'll he was putting his parts on peoples cars to try to fix the problems they came in with. U can't tune junk. End of story

Cincy speed made my mustang that ran high 12's run 9's. Beat that

leroy93lx
12-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I feel sorry for the guy that initially started this thread! Hes gotta be confused by now. I have made my decision of the subject!

Waffles
12-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Cincy speed made my mustang that ran high 12's run 9's. Beat that

:lol: ... not with just a tune

flyin2jz
12-17-2009, 11:16 PM
That is good Craig. I'm takin my car there next time. Hehe

black90lx
12-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Well if jeff didn't suck so bad why did he refund marks money and someone elses that i'm not going to mention. What about the orange 306 coupe that he detonated and broke a piston on the dyno? what about one of my buddies white notches he tuned and it ran like shit so he pulled the chip out and it ran better.

flyin2jz
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Well I only know of one car that ur talking about and that's marks. I believe he didn't have a load bearing dyno at the time and he was unable to load the turbo correctly to tune it. I didn't go to md and ask for my money back when I got one horsepower. I'd say that your shootin yourself in the foot when he gives money back if he's unable to help. Alot more than I got at md. I've seen him abort more pulls than he's made full pulls because the a/f was off. A lean spot on a turbo or supercharged car can happen in a second so things happen. We all know this coming into the shop. I'm nervous everytime I dyno my car because u just never know. Kinda like a boxer worried about getting punched in the face. Just part of the game.

Dirtyd0g
12-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Well if jeff didn't suck so bad why did he refund marks money and someone elses that i'm not going to mention. What about the orange 306 coupe that he detonated and broke a piston on the dyno? what about one of my buddies white notches he tuned and it ran like shit so he pulled the chip out and it ran better.

Wow Refunding someones money instead of taking it and doing what he knows isn't going to be right. That sounds terrible....Really listen to yourself, it is like you have a personal problem with Jeff. There are way too many variables in tuning for any of what you say to even make sense.

Until you know more than him about this stuff how can you judge him. Every shop that does anythign has dealt with a car that just didn't want to cooperate. Working on cars isn't much different from being a doctor or lawyer, except doctors and lawyers can say they are practicing medicine or practicting law, auto technicians don't get that freedom.
Alan

flyin2jz
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
U know what the good part about the deal with mark is that i bet mark didnt have to ask for his money back jeff most likely offered in order to keep him happy and possibly come back. If the other tuners are doing turbo cars on a non load bearing dyno they are just taking your money and hoping that its right by adding a guestimated fuel so when it makes more power on the street when its making more boost. to me thats way more dangerous than using the right dyno to do it or simply saying i cant do it safely and giving u your money back. I can assure u that md and cincy have had issues on the dyno that turned into damage. Its just kinda how it goes. u would rather the guy blow smoke up your ass and say its good man i do 100 of these a week and shovin you out the door. I wouldnt want that at all.

black90lx
12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
A boxer steps in the ring knowing there going to get punched in the face. So what your saying is when a car steps in Jeff's ring he know's It's going to blow up in his face? I have no personal problem with. I have just seen his work on multipal cars and they all ran like shit. He wouldn't have to give back money if he was good at it. I think he just need's to hire a tunner.

9cobra4
12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Double post.

9cobra4
12-18-2009, 12:40 AM
You'd be the happiest with Cincy Speed
Why do you say that? Ken has tuned my car, my dads race car, my moms 07, my dads old 03 kb cobra, and my grandpa's 01 cobra before he took it to florida and had don at modular madness blow it up with a procharger. All the cars ken has tuned for us have ran great.

black90lx
12-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Why do you say that? Ken has tuned my car, my dads race car, my moms 07, my dads old 03 kb cobra, and my grandpa's 01 cobra before he took it to florida and had don at modular madness blow it up with a procharger. All the cars ken has tuned for us have ran great.

There are people who tune cars safe and they run decent(Md,dp), then there are people who tune cars and they are fast and safe(ADAM AT CINCY). Oh then there are people that act like they know what there doin but results show different(Precision)

9cobra4
12-18-2009, 01:03 AM
There are people who tune cars safe and they run decent(Md,dp), then there are people who tune cars and they are fast and safe(ADAM AT CINCY). Oh then there are people that act like they know what there doin but results show different(Precision)
Are you serious? Md has tuned the fastest single power adder 3v in the WORLD, tuned the first 4v to win in pure street, what has cincy speed built? Some badass cars for sure, but no records have been set yet from a car tuned/built by them. I like craig, he's a great guy, but don't knock md because they've tuned some badass cars. Where did you get your info? My moms car (07 gt) made 303 to the wheels with an x pipe catback, cold air and tune from ken. Pretty decent if you ask me.

chad393na
12-18-2009, 01:28 AM

You obviously have a personal vendetta against precision, because I have never seen any of the bs your spouting happen there. You act like you know every pissed off customer that comes from there, I can tell you that list is short. None of these guys are performing magic. Give any one of them enough time, i'm sure they will all be somewhat close in their results.

Waffles
12-18-2009, 01:53 AM

:lol: Wow, someone should let Mike and Ken know they can't tune fast cars. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to find out.

9cobra4
12-18-2009, 02:08 AM
:lol: Wow, someone should let Mike and Ken know they can't tune fast cars. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to find out.
Lol +1

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 03:08 AM

Well its like this I deal in cars and every so often I end up with a car with an MD tune. A couple different times ive had questions about the cars and tried to talk to ken. NO RETURN CALLS like I said. Bad buisness. And as for the "FASTEST" this and the "FASTEST"that,they got caught CHEATING

black90lx
12-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Are you serious? Md has tuned the fastest single power adder 3v in the WORLD, tuned the first 4v to win in pure street, what has cincy speed built? Some badass cars for sure, but no records have been set yet from a car tuned/built by them. I like craig, he's a great guy, but don't knock md because they've tuned some badass cars. Where did you get your info? My moms car (07 gt) made 303 to the wheels with an x pipe catback, cold air and tune from ken. Pretty decent if you ask me.

how many cars has cincy built to race? exactly, none. so there for thats why they don't have any cars like md or dp. the only one i really dogged was precision, i have never really heard anything bad from dp or md except the car that came from there that was caught cheating. they didn't put a bad tune on it or blow it up so i don't care about that. i have never seen md tune a car either, i'm just going off of how i've seen peoples cars i know run and drive. i have seen cincy,precision and mike bell tune cars though. i haven't seen any of mikes new tuners works so i can't say anything about him.

Dirtyd0g
12-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Well its like this I deal in cars and every so often I end up with a car with an MD tune. A couple different times ive had questions about the cars and tried to talk to ken. NO RETURN CALLS like I said. Bad buisness. And as for the "FASTEST" this and the "FASTEST"that,they got caught CHEATING

The question becomes how do you cheat, in a tune?
Alan

RIXXX93GT
12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
I am buying a 1993 turbocharged gt ( I hope) All stock motor it has an on3perfomance kit with 70mm turbo, 42lb injectors, calibrated mass meter and a 255lph in tank pump.And the ecu is already chipped. Who does good turbo tunes that i can safely run on the street. Its at 7 psi right now but i wanna get the 10psi spring for the wastegate. Im a little north west of columbus but would be willing to drive for a good tune. And what should i expect to pay for a tune?

Guys, Guys, the original post asked for recommendations and somehow it turned into one huge shop bashing thread. The thread starter hasnt responded in two pages of replies he probably is wondering WTF.

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 10:31 AM
The question becomes how do you cheat, in a tune?
Alan

Nothing. but they wouldn't have had the "Fastest" if they would have been playing legit.

You got me all wrong though, I like Ken. I thinks he funny. I just think it's stupid he wouldn't return any of my calls. Guess my moneys not good enough

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 10:33 AM
My question is who's doing the tuning at Dayton Performance if Mike is in another country?

RIXXX93GT
12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Ben the tuning Zen Master.

9cobra4
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Believe it or not, it was a mistake, and I said nothing about that car, I was talking about victor downs' car(now my dads) that won in pure street, not factory stock. I will admit Ken is a hard guy to get ahold of, but have you tried recently? If not it was probably back before Dave Blundell started tuning there, Ken was the only tuner before that, a very busy guy.

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Ben the tuning Zen Master.Gotcha, I was confused

stocknotch
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
The bottom line is, CINCY SPEED has the best tuners around (Tracey Scott and Adam Maurer) and everyone else just SUCKS!! Those other guys might play around and get your A/F's close but as far as making BIG POWER and doing it SAFELY all while having the drivability of a stock mustang, look no farther than CINCY SPEED!!!

Rick93coupe
12-18-2009, 04:16 PM
The retard is strong in this one!

leroy93lx
12-18-2009, 04:18 PM
This thread got personal in a hurry. Opinions are like asshole, everybody has them. Different strokes for different folks. I know of people on here who have proven bad ass cars tuned by every shop. Ibstrokin & Chad393 both have 9 second cars from Precision, Mike Bell has a bad ass stock cam car that absolutely rips wheelies, Cincy has Metcalf and a shitload of other wicked cars, MD has some of the baddest mod motor cars in every magazine every month. They all know their shit in one form or another. They have to to stay in business. We also have to realize they all help make this site possible by supporting it. With that being said , I think the severe lashings should be kept to the PMs. Just seems shitty to bash so hard and have pissing matches over it. I realize it was an opinionated question that was asked. But.......

Rick93coupe
12-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Nobody, nobody mows lawns like my buddy Ed. Other guys may try and mow lawns and they may do a decent job of shortening blades of grass but if you really want your lawn mowed, look no further than my buddsy Ed!

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Look at Rain Man he about bankrupted a casino and he was a ra-tard

stocknotch
12-18-2009, 04:43 PM
The retard is strong in this one!

How many cars has Jeff tuned for you? Surely he's worked his magic on something of yours that was supaaa fast. Or are you just another guy with another opinion that has no real experience with the guy and going soley off of stuff you've heard??

stocknotch
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Nobody, nobody mows lawns like my buddy Ed. Other guys may try and mow lawns and they may do a decent job of shortening blades of grass but if you really want your lawn mowed, look no further than my buddsy Ed!

Man i aint never had a car tuned there before but i read on precisions website that they are the best around. I believe them because that guy told me once that he don't lie. My friend had a car once and he told me they tuned and it was perfect and that guy dont lie either. They have to be good cause they're still in business right? I mean they tune ackbars shit.....oops....it blows up 5times a year so i better not use him as an example along with Ed whos car was being tuned by Jeff and detonated and burnt up a piston ON THE DYNO, then Jeff blamed it on the engine builder, or the built 331 that made 260rwhp and when did ibstrokn's car go 9's??

black90lx
12-18-2009, 04:57 PM

idk buddy. my friend mike cuts grass with the bust of them and even sells firewood in the winter. he sharpens his lawn mower blades every 10 yards and weighs every trailer of wood so everyone gets the same.lmao...:cheers::booty:

5.0calypso93lx
12-18-2009, 04:58 PM

:lol::lol:

Kid_Money
12-18-2009, 04:58 PM

You talk about all these super fast car's that they tune, why has nobody said they will race me? I have called out ANY CAR THEY HAVE TUNED. How much easier does it get? Come to the street and get HORSEFUCKED by Adam's tune. And you guys won't have to worry about getting caught cheating, I don't give a fuck what you bring... :bigthumb

Kid_Money
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
U know what the good part about the deal with mark is that i bet mark didnt have to ask for his money back jeff most likely offered in order to keep him happy and possibly come back. If the other tuners are doing turbo cars on a non load bearing dyno they are just taking your money and hoping that its right by adding a guestimated fuel so when it makes more power on the street when its making more boost. to me thats way more dangerous than using the right dyno to do it or simply saying i cant do it safely and giving u your money back. I can assure u that md and cincy have had issues on the dyno that turned into damage. Its just kinda how it goes. u would rather the guy blow smoke up your ass and say its good man i do 100 of these a week and shovin you out the door. I wouldnt want that at all.

Did he not know he didn't have a load bearing dyno? You would think if he was so good, he would have known he couldn't tune it, and not wasted either of their time. Not only should he have got his money back, but he should have gave him gas money. If you do a shitty job, or you tell someone how great you are and then don't live up to what you say, you should refund people's money. Especially when you charge the outragoues fucking prices Precision does.

P.S. He never offered me any of my money back when he blew my 6AL box up. It just cost me an extra $150 to get a horrible tune. :confused:

Pitbull1052
12-18-2009, 05:13 PM
wow havent some of you heard the whole "if you don't have something nice to say" thing the guy asked what placed you'd recommend not which places you don't. Either way dude the three shops mentioned are all great guys and do great work, just call them up tell them what you're looking for and see which one gives you the warm and fuzzies.......... I can't comment on all and this isnt a tune experice but I had MD do a AOD to T-5 swap Greg did it actually and they worked so hard on the thing it's not even funny, I had a couple of issues with the clutch cable melting to my headers not sure if it was their fault or not, but I took it back there to replace it not looking to get one free they fixed it and gave it back no charge........ that happened twice and was most likely my fault but they still fixed it anyway for free.... anytime I've ever had questions or need something further explained Mike has jumped in IM'd me and educated me on anything and every possible question I had, not knowing where I'm going to go to his shop or not........ Craig is the same way these guys lend their knowledge and support to us everyday and make it possible for us all to socialize, talk shit, and meet new friends.........

93VertLX
12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Look at Rain Man he about bankrupted a casino and he was a ra-tard

Counting cards isnt illegal its just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane.

k062693w
12-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Counting cards isnt illegal its just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane.

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks Bin Laden

flyin2jz
12-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Did he not know he didn't have a load bearing dyno? You would think if he was so good, he would have known he couldn't tune it, and not wasted either of their time. Not only should he have got his money back, but he should have gave him gas money. If you do a shitty job, or you tell someone how great you are and then don't live up to what you say, you should refund people's money. Especially when you charge the outragoues fucking prices Precision does.

P.S. He never offered me any of my money back when he blew my 6AL box up. It just cost me an extra $150 to get a horrible tune. :confused:

Hey kid am I missing something or what. I don't see you on the dozen list. Do you even own a mustang. Or is it the 300 hp car u were talking about earlier. I say throw some dr tire on it and run my lil 347 that's in a full weight gt. Maybe I'll show up with a 100 shot and football field ya. Exactly how did jeff blow up your mad box. I'm no sayin it wasn't done but would lime to know how. If the other tuners are so good then why would u go to jeff in the first place

Kid_Money
12-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Hey kid am I missing something or what. I don't see you on the dozen list. Do you even own a mustang. Or is it the 300 hp car u were talking about earlier. I say throw some dr tire on it and run my lil 347 that's in a full weight gt. Maybe I'll show up with a 100 shot and football field ya. Exactly how did jeff blow up your mad box. I'm no sayin it wasn't done but would lime to know how. If the other tuners are so good then why would u go to jeff in the first place

I'm not on the dozen for just this reason. How much can we bet?? I have a little notchback. Heads up on the street, run what you brung. I'm not asking for anything and we aren't giving anything up for at least a few hundred. I will be on Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. So it is a DOT tire.

As for the 6AL, he took my coil wire off because HE srayed nitrous in my motor while it wasn't running, and HE wanted to get it out of the motor. The coild wire arced out and shorted it out. Then HE told me I needed to buy a new one. Nice guy huh? The ONLY reason we went up there is because Cincy's dyno was having new software installed and they couldn't do it.

Kid_Money
12-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks Bin Laden

Who wants to be my spotter? :lol:

Rick93coupe
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
How many cars has Jeff tuned for you? Surely he's worked his magic on something of yours that was supaaa fast. Or are you just another guy with another opinion that has no real experience with the guy and going soley off of stuff you've heard??

I never said anyone was good or bad, any chance you read what I said, or do you just spout off like a moron all the time?

Man i aint never had a car tuned there before but i read on precisions website that they are the best around. I believe them because that guy told me once that he don't lie. My friend had a car once and he told me they tuned and it was perfect and that guy dont lie either. They have to be good cause they're still in business right? I mean they tune ackbars shit.....oops....it blows up 5times a year so i better not use him as an example along with Ed whos car was being tuned by Jeff and detonated and burnt up a piston ON THE DYNO, then Jeff blamed it on the engine builder, or the built 331 that made 260rwhp and when did ibstrokn's car go 9's??

Your really showing just how fucking retarded you are with each post. I never made a claim about anything I own or anything anyone else owns. I also never said anyone was the best at anything, how about you? What the fuck does Brians car have to do with anything? When's the last time you saw it run? If you knew anything you'd know he never made a full pass the last time it ran because of the gearing. Oh, that's right. Your guy could have fixed that with a tune for him.. :rolleyes:

Speed shops love guys like you. :lol:

flyin2jz
12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Need a lil info on the car. Let me guess ur one of those guys who don want anyone to know what it runs. Is it a stock 302 with 400 dual stage fogger kit. I have a na motor. I'm more than willing to let u move on the motor. My car will runthe same on the street as the track Craig,Kelly and big rob will attest to this. As long as ur car will go 130 on the motor should be a cake walk for ya. Or is it one of those no spray no go motors.

Rick93coupe
12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't give a fuck what you bring..

You must be from Middletown, they're the only guys who believe they have the fastest cars on the planet. You should get out more. :lol:

flyin2jz
12-18-2009, 11:54 PM
O by the way that shoulda been taken care of by jeff. I'm with u on that.

Rick93coupe
12-19-2009, 12:01 AM
If you can believe the story.

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 12:03 AM
O by the way that shoulda been taken care of by jeff. I'm with u on that.

dsmawd350
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
If you can believe the story.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm not on the dozen for just this reason. How much can we bet?? I have a little notchback. Heads up on the street, run what you brung. I'm not asking for anything and we aren't giving anything up for at least a few hundred. I will be on Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. So it is a DOT tire.

As for the 6AL, he took my coil wire off because HE srayed nitrous in my motor while it wasn't running, and HE wanted to get it out of the motor. The coild wire arced out and shorted it out. Then HE told me I needed to buy a new one. Nice guy huh? The ONLY reason we went up there is because Cincy's dyno was having new software installed and they couldn't do it.

Seriously what else did you expect him to do just fire it up? If grounding the coil wire fried the msd, it was on its way out anyway. I have done the exact same thing many times and never damaged a msd.

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Seriously what else did you expect him to do just fire it up? If grounding the coil wire fried the msd, it was on its way out anyway. I have done the exact same thing many times and never damaged a msd.
Yeah it was 2 months old

stocknotch
12-19-2009, 01:37 AM
I never said anyone was good or bad, any chance you read what I said, or do you just spout off like a moron all the time?

Your really showing just how fucking retarded you are with each post. I never made a claim about anything I own or anything anyone else owns. I also never said anyone was the best at anything, how about you? What the fuck does Brians car have to do with anything? When's the last time you saw it run? If you knew anything you'd know he never made a full pass the last time it ran because of the gearing. Oh, that's right. Your guy could have fixed that with a tune for him.. :rolleyes:

Speed shops love guys like you. :lol:

The only moron here is the guy thats putting in his opinions on the best tuners but has never used any and can only go off of what you heard. Sounds like the retard is the guy in the mirror looking back at you.
As far as Brians car, someone else brought it up and all i asked is what it ran. I seen it go some mid 10's but for what he had it should have been a full second faster. Surely a 50 dollar gear swap didnt hold him back.
Speed shop guys do love me. Mainly cause i'm usually the guy with a car that's there making good power while retards like you just want to stand around and talk about it.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 01:56 AM
The only moron here is the guy thats putting in his opinions on the best tuners but has never used any and can only go off of what you heard. Sounds like the retard is the guy in the mirror looking back at you.
As far as Brians car, someone else brought it up and all i asked is what it ran. I seen it go some mid 10's but for what he had it should have been a full second faster. Surely a 50 dollar gear swap didnt hold him back.
Speed shop guys do love me. Mainly cause i'm usually the guy with a car that's there making good power while retards like you just want to stand around and talk about it.

Actually Brians car ran pretty good for what it had in it. At the time it was still an s-trim, low tens aren't bad for a heavy ass vert with too much gear. If it wasn't the end of the year when he figured this out, I guarantee he would have swapped in a gear.

Timido
12-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Thats a tough choice Cincy Speed MD Dayton Performance.....There are some great car tuners with Dynos in this area. I might also suggest Rob and Don Lasota they are from the Columbus area. They know there way with SCT software and turbos. http://www.lasotaracing.com/

stocknotch
12-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Actually Brians car ran pretty good for what it had in it. At the time it was still an s-trim, low tens aren't bad for a heavy ass vert with too much gear. If it wasn't the end of the year when he figured this out, I guarantee he would have swapped in a gear.

Thats understandable. I thought he was running the YSI or whatever it is. I'm not a blower guy so i'm not real sure but I thought he upgraded to a pretty healthy one right before he tore it apart.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Thats understandable. I thought he was running the YSI or whatever it is. I'm not a blower guy so i'm not real sure but I thought he upgraded to a pretty healthy one right before he tore it apart.
Actually I am part of the reason he bought the YSI in the first place:lol: We were running neck and neck at the end of that season, we bet $20 to who ever went nines first, I did, so he "upgraded" his setup for the following year. Unfortunately, like so many other cars, it snowballed. Now he's playing with guns:lol:

black90lx
12-19-2009, 03:11 AM
i know thats what happened to the msd box. i was there whaen he did it.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 04:32 AM
What I am saying is, that is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Not sure why it broke,but that should not have caused it.

Kid_Money
12-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Need a lil info on the car. Let me guess ur one of those guys who don want anyone to know what it runs. Is it a stock 302 with 400 dual stage fogger kit. I have a na motor. I'm more than willing to let u move on the motor. My car will runthe same on the street as the track Craig,Kelly and big rob will attest to this. As long as ur car will go 130 on the motor should be a cake walk for ya. Or is it one of those no spray no go motors.

Nope, it's not a stock 302 with spray. And how do you have an NA motor? You just told me you were gonna spray me with a 100 and football field me. I'm not asking to know any more about your car. You are the one who got in the thread being mouthy. Precision tunes like shit. I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, NOT WHAT A FRIENDS COUSIN'S UNCLE'S SISTER TOLD ME. I see a lot of bench racers on here telling the people who really race everyday who should tune their cars, and what kind of power they should make. Come show me. So, like I said, spray all that motor will hold and come get a lane. I know Rob, Craig, and Kelly, and notice not one of them is telling me not to race you. Sounds like I may have my money in good. Guess we will have to gamble a little and find out.....

Kid_Money
12-19-2009, 05:45 AM
You must be from Middletown, they're the only guys who believe they have the fastest cars on the planet. You should get out more. :lol:

You are a jack ass. You can get a lane also, in case you missed the part where you were already called out.

And I missed you in Louisville, when we went down there 3 times, also the 2 times we went to Columbus, and both times we went to Springfield. I'm sure you were on the internet somewhere, doing some research on how you can get Jeff's cock all the way in your mouth. Come get a lane and you'll see a car with some power make a pass....

Kid_Money
12-19-2009, 05:47 AM

Ya, he should have just waited a second and started it up. It's not like he held the spray on and filled the motor up. He just blipped the button. I done that a million times and started the car up. I would have saved $150.

WHYTRY
12-19-2009, 08:11 AM

100? 200? 500? 1000? heads up.. u called it. sayin ur going to football feild him. so lets bet somethin.

my opinion since everyone else has had one, i think adam and tracy are the best tuners around there allways staying on the up and up on the new stuff going onto the market and doing good with anything you got even if there is a soft point on a car. cincy has gone far above and beyond for anything ive needed.

WHYTRY
12-19-2009, 08:15 AM

not throwin #'s out there but i think u might have had one the higher hp stock block based 302's in the area that another guy owns and still runs like a bmf that adam tuned also right?

bangingears
12-19-2009, 09:44 AM
just asking, not for a pissing match..................how much that thing make???? I will show ya mine, if you show me yours

I made 630-640rwhp with a stock engine in 06, and 702 and 740rwhp on accident when the wastegate valve seized. Engine is still together, put 20,000 street miles on it and about 100-150 passes. Sold the car and its still together, makes alot of passes at kilkare.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Ya, he should have just waited a second and started it up. It's not like he held the spray on and filled the motor up. He just blipped the button. I done that a million times and started the car up. I would have saved $150.

Do I need to make a video of me grounding the coil wire on my msd to prove it won't fry it? Hell, I could probably find one on youtube.

Rick93coupe
12-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Haha, this is the first time I've been called out with snow on the ground. How about we wait till spring and I'll tune my own junk. I was going to swap the rear gears, but with DFI there's a screen for that.

bbfstanger
12-19-2009, 11:38 AM
no here say or my friends car, actual experience.
precision/jeff tuned my car last year ,went tens first night out on spray,stock shortblock,ran it all year in the mid 10's.
i was pleased with his service,even let me come at night and fix my reg. after hrs. while he had it on the dyno to save me a few bucks.
i forgot to put antifreeze in it, winter time doh!!
im sure all places listed have had engines blow or other issues,it just comes with the territory of cars.
there are alot of wanna be mechanics out there building cars that blame others for theyre mistakes and thats a fact.

Rick93coupe
12-19-2009, 12:05 PM
c'mon John, there's no chance any of these guys are hacks, lol.

WHYTRY
12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
just asking, not for a pissing match..................how much that thing make???? I will show ya mine, if you show me yours

I made 630-640rwhp with a stock engine in 06, and 702 and 740rwhp on accident when the wastegate valve seized. Engine is still together, put 20,000 street miles on it and about 100-150 passes. Sold the car and its still together, makes alot of passes at kilkare.

it wasent mine so im kinda not at liberty to say. but hell those #'s are good. by no means am i bashing anyones shop by any means at all. ive just went to cincy when ive needed something. i was just telling my experince's with them over 5 or 6 years has been good. no body should take any offence to my posts due to the fact ive just delt with one shop. ive not went anywere else so im blind to how there work is or isnt.

black90lx
12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
not throwin #'s out there but i think u might have had one the higher hp stock block based 302's in the area that another guy owns and still runs like a bmf that adam tuned also right?

yea it was a stock 302 roller block with stock guts

Kid_Money
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Do I need to make a video of me grounding the coil wire on my msd to prove it won't fry it? Hell, I could probably find one on youtube.

I'm sure you are right, and it can be done. But the fact still remains, that my MSD box was in good working order until he did that. So why should I have had to buy a new one, when he did something to break it?

Kid_Money
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Haha, this is the first time I've been called out with snow on the ground. How about we wait till spring and I'll tune my own junk. I was going to swap the rear gears, but with DFI there's a screen for that.

We have been racing all winter. If you tune the car, that defeats the purpose, you have to be better than Jeff. Lol. But get it done, and when you want to get together, let me know. :bigthumb

Waffles
12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
:lol: Wow, this thread has gone to hell. I can't believe this isn't in the whipping room right next to the Hytech thread.

chad393na
12-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you are right, and it can be done. But the fact still remains, that my MSD box was in good working order until he did that. So why should I have had to buy a new one, when he did something to break it?

That's a touchy subject, but I can understand why you would want him to pay you. I am surprised he didn't even offer, that's not like him.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
:lol: Wow, this thread has gone to hell. I can't believe this isn't in the whipping room right next to the Hytech thread.

I agree. Guys I appreciate your confidence in my tuning but please stop bashing other shops. These guys have bills to pay and mouths to feed just like everyone else. Hell I might wind up working for one of them some day. If you have a problem with work they have done contact them directly or post your complaint in the review section. It's kinda fucked up that you are telling someone that there car sucks just because I did not tune it. These people have spend good money to build their cars and to have them tuned. The last thing the want is to hear their car is junk. If you want to race people call them out in the whipping room not in thread asking for advise. Once again thanks for the support but please be half ass civil.:bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree. Guys I appreciate your confidence in my tuning but please stop bashing other shops. These guys have bills to pay and mouths to feed just like everyone else. Hell I might wind up working for one of them some day. If you have a problem with work they have done contact them directly or post your complaint in the review section. It's kinda fucked up that you are telling someone that there car sucks just because I did not tune it. These people have spend good money to build their cars and to have them tuned. The last thing the want is to hear their car is junk. If you want to race people call them out in the whipping room not in thread asking for advise. Once again thanks for the support but please be half ass civil.:bigthumb

Hmmmmmmmm, that's not what you where saying yesterday. Lol

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Who is slow94 and where does he tune at.

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't know much about blowers or spray but when I take my car to tune it I am in controll of what the tuner does. Whether it be timing or air/fuel. All my tuner would do is run the car and look at the af and power. He would then ask me what I thought would be next. I would then look at the numbers and fuel stuff and decide myself what was next. Take out fuel or add timing or whatever. Jeff would give me advice as to what he thinks and we would work together with the tune. I believe if u take ur car to a specific tu er and say make it make power your cheating yourself. You the owner of the car needs to know what needs to be done or not. You should be using the dyno to really tune your own car. If u dint know hese things then your in too deep with what you own.

Waffles
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Who is slow94 and where does he tune at.

Guessing that's Adam lol

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Guessing that's Adam lol

Good guess

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
no here say or my friends car, actual experience.
precision/jeff tuned my car last year ,went tens first night out on spray,stock shortblock,ran it all year in the mid 10's.
i was pleased with his service,even let me come at night and fix my reg. after hrs. while he had it on the dyno to save me a few bucks.
i forgot to put antifreeze in it, winter time doh!!
im sure all places listed have had engines blow or other issues,it just comes with the territory of cars.
there are alot of wanna be mechanics out there building cars that blame others for theyre mistakes and thats a fact.

How many of u guys have had your tuner come to the track and work on your car to get every last bit out of it? Or have called you on your cell just to see how things are goin inyour life. Or come in and let u use the shop on a Saturday to pull your tranny out and use his tools because he didn't wanna see u layin in the cold garage floor to do it. Without charging u one cent or even having to think about it. These are all things that jeff has done for me personally. Go to md and ask to use the bay in the evening and see what you get.

bangingears
12-19-2009, 09:40 PM
How many of u guys have had your tuner come to the track and work on your car to get every last bit out of it? Or have called you on your cell just to see how things are goin inyour life. Or come in and let u use the shop on a Saturday to pull your tranny out and use his tools because he didn't wanna see u layin in the cold garage floor to do it. Without charging u one cent or even having to think about it. These are all things that jeff has done for me personally. Go to md and ask to use the bay in the evening and see what you get.

I agree, I know Jeff personally... I think he is a great person, he has always done me right, gone out of his way, hooked me up with parts on the cheap. Just a good person

Ken@MD has always been good to me also, I have used their dyno for many, many hours. He has stayed after hours and on the weekends to make sure everything was spot on.

Craig@ cincy, good dude, funny, has many many stories. I have been going to craigs since he was at his old building, putting on cruise in's and buying pizzas for everyone. Doing burn outs getting on the highway in front of the shop. Craig is a blast to hang out with outside the "shop".

Moral is.....they are all good people

RIXXX93GT
12-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Thats the service I get from Michael, Matt and Ben @ Dayton Performance, we were in contact almost every race. If there was any hint of a hiccup he wanted to know when I could get it to the shop. Turns out it was built and thought out so well I have zero issues. He calls from Afghanistan to see if I have set any new goals and if so how he can help me get there. When I bought the g-force he was the first one calling to help with any changes I may want with the different gearing.
I agree its not cool to bash shops in an open forum like this, its these guys living man they all try their best in a mostly thankless profession. Next time you open that summit or Jegs catalog remember the guys with the local speed shop that clued you in with a half hour free conversation based on decades of experience and buy it from them.

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Well. Adam has done that for us so....

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I will not commen about Adam at all. I do not know him so as far as I'm concerned he's a good guy. I have only worked with md and precision so I will not comment on mike bell. I have heard things about bell but until I see it personally he's ok also.

dsmawd350
12-19-2009, 10:19 PM
since when does letting you use a bay in their shop make them a better tuner? this is about tuning abilities not friendliness....

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I've mostly stayed out of this. Like I said I like all of the guys. Cincy Speed has been a long time backer of DA CAUSE. They help me out more than you guys would believe. And its not me swinging either. Craig and I have bumped SERIOUS heads in the past. They are my number one because I'd feel if I'm going to trust my car to a shop I want a shop with experience. Craig was racing here in Middletown before any of the other guys every thought of opening a shop. I'm pretty sure his personal cars have been faster than any other shops also. That's what help me choose Cincy. I put all friendships aside and went with what I knew. Good guys will only get you so far. They are cool to hang out with. But I'd rather have the guys tuning my car that have been in the single digits before it got easy.

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Sure makes it a better experience when your car gets tuned by someone willing to help u out. How many cars have u had tuned at precision. I'm guessing none. Lol

87stangbbb
12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
i bet this never ends lol

1byafender
12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't know much about blowers or spray but when I take my car to tune it I am in controll of what the tuner does.

so why would u pay a guy to tune your car if your telling him what to do?

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Sure makes it a better experience when your car gets tuned by someone willing to help u out. How many cars have u had tuned at precision. I'm guessing none. Lol

I like jeff. I've been there with smack,Brandon,and Craigy getting their cars tuned. I thinks he's a cool cat with a nice shop. Smacks car also runs consistant 9.20's. But they won't turn it up to see what it really runs but I think that's my boy Smacks fault and not Jeffs.

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
so why would u pay a guy to your car if your telling him what to do?
I tell them what to do believe that. Everyone want "safe" screw that. All "safe" is, is staying slow till they blow. There is no such thing as safe and if anyone tells you different they are a DAMNED idiot

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm with Craig. Jeff typically want to stop before there is a chance of detonation or something. That's why ultimately I'm in control. If u just hand your car keys to them and watch the pretty graph with numbers don't you feel worthless when you know u had no influence on why your car runs good or bad. I don't shuck the blame on why my car sucks on the tuner. That's straight lib shit. Blame someone else when all else fails

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Anyone know a website that shows a properly ported super victor efi. I can't find one. Kuntz&co want 750 to do a portmatch which seems expensive if it's something I can tackle. Thanks

mustang8998
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Next time you open that summit or Jegs catalog remember the guys with the local speed shop that clued you in with a half hour free conversation based on decades of experience and buy it from them.

That, right there, is all anyone needs to know! :bigthumb

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Anyone know a website that shows a properly ported super victor efi. I can't find one. Kuntz&co want 750 to do a portmatch which seems expensive if it's something I can tackle. Thanks

I have one on my car but don't have pics. Feel free to come check it out.

flyin2jz
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
What's it make peak power at rpm wise. I don't wanna shift it over 8k with my hr cam. Is it ported. Thanks for the info.

Metcalf Racing
12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
I have one on my car but don't have pics. Feel free to come check it out.
Lol. Dick

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-19-2009, 11:40 PM
What's it make peak power at rpm wise. I don't wanna shift it over 8k with my hr cam. Is it ported. Thanks for the info.

It is ported. We didn't do any before and after pulls and the motor. It is on was on an engine dyno NA and it was for a Turbo car. Dave Siebenshoe (used to port for BES) and I ported it. The main thing we were trying to accomplish was balancing the flow. The runners for 2-3-6-7 are way shorter than 1-4-5-8 so effectively we stole from the centers to feed the front and rear runners. This obviously isn't a huge deal on a forced induction car but I was gonna try to run the car NA while saving money for the turbos. If you have any more questions shoot me a pm.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Lol. Dick

Why am I a dick? I'll help anyone out I don't care who works on their cars.

Metcalf Racing
12-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Why am I a dick? I'll help anyone out I don't care who works on their cars.
Sorry I thought Kevin was being a smartass and you were being a dick. My bad

kennebellcobra
12-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I bet my tuner can beat up your tuner. Bwhahahahaha!

87stangbbb
12-20-2009, 01:16 AM
lol lol

1byafender
12-20-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm with Craig. Jeff typically want to stop before there is a chance of detonation or something. That's why ultimately I'm in control. If u just hand your car keys to them and watch the pretty graph with numbers don't you feel worthless when you know u had no influence on why your car runs good or bad. I don't shuck the blame on why my car sucks on the tuner. That's straight lib shit. Blame someone else when all else fails

I under stand being the one telling him to push the issue a little bit more or not. but thats not what u said. u said he would ask u, if he should add more timing or a/f. To me he should know what to add more of. Hes the one that tunes cars ever day for a living, not me. He should know the right places to push a little bit more and still stay on the some what saver side.

black90lx
12-20-2009, 03:38 AM
I don't know much about blowers or spray but when I take my car to tune it I am in controll of what the tuner does. Whether it be timing or air/fuel. All my tuner would do is run the car and look at the af and power. He would then ask me what I thought would be next. I would then look at the numbers and fuel stuff and decide myself what was next. Take out fuel or add timing or whatever. Jeff would give me advice as to what he thinks and we would work together with the tune. I believe if u take ur car to a specific tu er and say make it make power your cheating yourself. You the owner of the car needs to know what needs to be done or not. You should be using the dyno to really tune your own car. If u dint know hese things then your in too deep with what you own.

yea if i had a aluminum block 347 i would have my hands in it a bit more.

Kid_Money
12-20-2009, 06:30 AM

We aren't bashing anyone. We are just telling the stories like they happened. They have mouths to feed, but they shouldn't do so at the cost of ripping people off. And I don't remember telling anyone that their car sucks, only that we would race them. But don't worry, they all decided against that, as you can see be the lack of response.... :bigthumb

Kid_Money
12-20-2009, 06:34 AM

I talk to Adam all the time. And he did come to Tri-State to tune one of my buddies car's. We also had my car out there on the Dyno at 1 in the morning, getting it tuned in so we could make it to the track. And not only did they do it for practically nothing, Adam told me not to waste my money for him to put a custom tune in it, and wait until I got the rest of the parts I needed. How's that for a good guy?

The only bad thing is is that Adam's pit bull is gay and will try humping your male dog if you bring it along, so you may want to leave it at the house... :lol:

Waffles
12-20-2009, 07:03 AM

I've had Mike @ DP bring me parts broken down on the side of the road. He's in Afghanistan and I talk to him more often than I talk to many of my local friends. He answers my stupid questions and takes the time to explain shit to me so that I understand it. Goes way out of his way to get me through my projects.

It's great that Jeff did that stuff for you, but don't think the other guys don't do it too.

Metcalf Racing
12-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I love this thread its a big circle jerk..

flyin2jz
12-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Well then most of us can agree on the reasons we like each of our tuners. Customer help and support. I have a painted stock block. It is aluminum color.

Metcalf Racing
12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Kevin you comming to our christmas party tonight? Going to be a good time. 6:30-8:30 Golden Corral Middletown. Ill snap off your gt if the roads are dry. Lol

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-20-2009, 01:24 PM
The only bad thing is is that Adam's pit bull is gay and will try humping your male dog if you bring it along, so you may want to leave it at the house... :lol:

That little bastard will try to fuck anything that walks. I'm waiting for him to rape Blake's girlfriend!:lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Blake has a girlfriend?huh I didn't think he swung that way

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-20-2009, 01:58 PM
shocker huh!:lol:

flyin2jz
12-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I could bring my lab over. His name is big Jake. He will be doing the fukin. Metcalf and rob have met him. Hope ur dogs big or Jake could hurt it. Lol

black90lx
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I could bring my lab over. His name is big Jake. He will be doing the fukin. Metcalf and rob have met him. Hope ur dogs big or Jake could hurt it. Lol

idk adams dog is pretty rowdy and strong. lol

flyin2jz
12-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Jakes not mean. He a big baby but his stick is very impressive. I don't pull mine out and compare them that's for sure. Hehe

black90lx
12-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Jakes not mean. He a big baby but his stick is very impressive. I don't pull mine out and compare them that's for sure. Hehe

why would you look at a dog's weinner and then try to compare it to yours? lol

stocknotch
12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
That little bastard will try to fuck anything that walks. I'm waiting for him to rape Blake's girlfriend!:lol:

It would probably do more damage than Blake and she might fall inlove, lol.

flyin2jz
12-20-2009, 03:36 PM
You would have to see jakes mule skinner to understand. U can't help but see it. We have to put him away when we have company because everyone notices his junk and it turns bad quickly.

orangedemon331
12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Adams dog is more of a spooner!! :eek:

Waffles
12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Please take this discussion to doggylove.com.

Thanks

black90lx
12-21-2009, 01:00 AM
You would have to see jakes mule skinner to understand. U can't help but see it. We have to put him away when we have company because everyone notices his junk and it turns bad quickly.

lol why do you get jealous?

boostanggt
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Lol you guys are fucked up.

babiixoxbritty
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
im 15, and i love puppys.

black90lx
12-21-2009, 10:14 PM
do you like candy? lol

GREAZY
12-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Only here you can go from an all out keyboard war to dog dicks in one thread. I love this place :)

facemelter71
12-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Only here you can go from an all out keyboard war to dog dicks in one thread. I love this place :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.:squirt:

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
do you like candy? lol

Scott you are a creaper!:lol: Remember man 15 will get you 20 16 will get you off...

Kid_Money
12-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Scott you are a creaper!:lol: Remember man 15 will get you 20 16 will get you off...

HAHAHA!! He know's all about those 16 year olds!

black90lx
12-23-2009, 12:26 AM

lmao. i only have a couple months too wait buddy. i have seen you eyeballin her buddy. :popcorn:

black90lx
12-23-2009, 12:26 AM
HAHAHA!! He know's all about those 16 year olds!

and so do you from the word on the street.....:flipoff:

Kwik92GT
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
The tuning business is a tough one and you will find both happy and unhappy customers with any of these businesses. I'd imagine by this point the OP is more confused now than when they started. Truth is, ANY of these shops could be the right one for you. It would be worth your while to take the time to visit each shop and make a more educated decision on who YOU feel will be best for you to spend your money with and go from there. If you are going to spend the money it should be with a shop you feel confident in after having some actual contact with them.

BTW .... It's painfully obvious some of you really have NO CLUE in what is involved in tuning a car. You think you can just throw a bunch of parts at a car and "poof" all of a sudden you have X amount of HP. I've personally seen a lot of the CRAP these shops are sent to perform miracles on and it's nothing short of a mission in futility at best. Yet they still try to do what they can, and when things don't add up to what you think the numbers should be the first thing you want to do is point the finger at the tuner. If 2+2=3, guess what? There's likely another problem somewhere and WAY more often than not it has nothing to do with the tune or tuner for that matter.

It was questioned why Jeff would ask someone what they think they needed next for their tune. It has nothing to do with a lack of tuning knowledge. It has to do with knowing your customer. If you are a very hands on type he will let you be that. It's a part of customer service and making sure you are happy with the direction of your project. If he didn't do it, and you wanted to be a part of the process, someone would be bagging on him for that too. :rolleyes: It's a no win situation.

5.0calypso93lx
12-23-2009, 12:36 PM
/Thread

flyin2jz
12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes jeff always gave me ideas on what to do next and always asked me what I thought. Like I said if u drop your car off and watch the graph your a douche. You shouldn't have a vehicle that you are that unfamiliar with tuning it. Rick won't drop his car off and watch the graph no matter what. He will be tuning it himself with the aid of the dyno.

flyin2jz
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I was talking to rocky mason the pure street racer the other day and he said he has his own dyno now that can be used for tuning or baseline info. He has a wideband but doesn't have the ability to do chips at this time. He has extensive knowledge with the pms but it will be up to the car owner to tune his stuff. I'm sure he would be really reasonable with dyno time because he's not trying to keep a business going with tuning money. I'm gonna go down there and check out his stuff when I get my junk back together. He has a wideband also. Just an option for someone who wants to tune themselves.

Metcalf Racing
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Here's the problem that these guys have with Jeff. I was there almost everytime. Craig H took his Gt to jeff to have it tuned. It was a stock 302 with x cam, twisted w heads 202/160. Victor efi,1.6 rockers,1 5/8 headers,2 1/2 h pipe and flows, NX Gemini plate kit,msd coil,box, 255 forced induction pump, Redneck C4 with brake, 4000 converter,373 gear. Jeff made 265rwhp NA then 410 on a 250 hit. Now brandon buys it after the crank broke. He buys a NEW 331 built by CRC he puts all we swap out all original parts. Jeff gets the car back and makes 291wrhp NA and 450 on a 300 hit. the car should have made much more power than that but oh well,it didn't.

5.0calypso93lx
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's the problem that these guys have with Jeff. I was there almost everytime. Craig H took his Gt to jeff to have it tuned. It was a stock 302 with x cam, twisted w heads 202/160. Victor efi,1.6 rockers,1 5/8 headers,2 1/2 h pipe and flows, NX Gemini plate kit,msd coil,box, 255 forced induction pump, Redneck C4 with brake, 4000 converter,373 gear. Jeff made 265rwhp NA then 410 on a 250 hit. Now brandon buys it after the crank broke. He buys a NEW 331 built by CRC he puts all we swap out all original parts. Jeff gets the car back and makes 291wrhp NA and 450 on a 300 hit. the car should have made much more power than that but oh well,it didn't.

So the logical thing would be to take it somewhere else and see if they can do better right? How'd it do?

1byafender
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes jeff always gave me ideas on what to do next and always asked me what I thought. Like I said if u drop your car off and watch the graph your a douche. You shouldn't have a vehicle that you are that unfamiliar with tuning it. Rick won't drop his car off and watch the graph no matter what. He will be tuning it himself with the aid of the dyno.

Maybe if u would have let your tuner do his job and not try to help him. u wouldnt have ran around middletown getting beat by a trans am with a few bolt ons and some spray.

flyin2jz
12-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Yea I would take it to another tuner and see what's up. 300 from a 331 is not right. I don't care if it has p heads on it. Did he take it somewhere else after jeff tuned it.

flyin2jz
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe if u would have let your tuner do his job and not try to help him. u wouldnt have ran around middletown getting beat by a trans am with a few bolt ons and some spray.

I think the key to that race is the 44 cubes the ta had on me at the time and prolly 150 shot. My car was a na 306. O by the way that motor was tuned by md. Might wanna take that up with th. Lol. Hey at least I got beat but met some good guys after the race. Best 20 bux I've ever spent.

black90lx
12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Yea I would take it to another tuner and see what's up. 300 from a 331 is not right. I don't care if it has p heads on it. Did he take it somewhere else after jeff tuned it.

he traded it off and never got the chance too.