PDA

View Full Version : What color to paint?

blown86lx
12-16-2009, 03:05 AM
I know this has probably already been posted a few times but I am going to paint my car this spring and cant decide on a color. If you guys could post some pics of you car especially if they are not a stock color I would appreciate it. I'm thinking either white with blue pearl or a dark blue.

mustangrfast88
12-16-2009, 04:04 AM
here is my bros first mustang

joshwilson
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
thats really up 2 you man. what color you like

redfirepearlgt
01-08-2010, 06:28 PM
The only color I ever remember seeing on a mustang that I didn't like was in the early 90's. Someone showed up to a car show with an LX in a fleshtone pinkish color or something. It looked like a giant toe with wheels.

Get creative. Something I have not seen but thought about at one time was a scheme that used tone-on-tone stripes, kind of like a ghost stripe but not quite. My 02GT was Zinc Yellow and I was wanting to have someone paint the stripes on with a mixture of clear and just a hint of grey and/or silver into the clear to give it some hue.

chadomac
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
The only color I ever remember seeing on a mustang that I didn't like was in the early 90's. Someone showed up to a car show with an LX in a fleshtone pinkish color or something. It looked like a giant toe with wheels.

LOL :lol:

Roush GT
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
how about vista blue or maybe the new kona blue

DeckerEnt
01-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Color is your choice and your choice alone. It is your car and you have to live with it. There was a guy on here with a coupe. He had it painted a burnt orange if memory serves correct. Once it was done, he hated it and sold it off. Get in touch with Chris, Plated on here. Him and Bo are the resident painters. Both do top notch work. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
I am going to go 2 tone with mine. Black from bottom of windsheild up, and gunmetal gray on hood and doors down. I am going to go a different body line though and still am up in the air on the pinstripe!

blown86lx
01-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Ok so I got a gallon of ppg ultra white and a gallon of primer and 2 gallons of clear. Now I was thinking blue pearl or something of that nature. I would like to find a grey pearl or gunmetal pearl cause that's what color the wheels are. But i don't know if they make it and I have never seen that color pearl used before.