PDA

View Full Version : Lightning in Milford

four6trix
12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=264929095&dealer_id=86568&car_year=2002&rdm=1260976677684&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=F150PICKUP&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&first_record=26&make=FORD&color=&keywords_display=&scarid=269765269&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45431&advanced=&end_year=2011&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=20000&cardist=40&standard=false

Just putting this out there just in case anyone else thinks about buying it.
This thing is over at Matt Castrucci Ford in Milford. I went down to test drive it last week. Just in case you don't feel like reading this whole thing, here's the moral of this story: Beware: it's a piece. So anyway we get there and of course the salesman is talking it up like it's flawless, you know "What a steal!" So, my buddy and I take it for a spin. I turn onto the entrance ramp of 275 and try to see what she had. The engine roars and the blower whines :bigthumb.....and whines....and whines.....and it wouldn't shift. So I keep backing off the gas and getting back on it, trying to coax it into shifting. Finally, it feels like a semi slams into us....and it shifts. Going further down the highway it starts to shudder REAL hard like the tranny was seriously going to give. I got off at the next exit and took it right back. Of course, the salesman didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about :rolleyes:. I told him there was no way I would buy that thing with it running like that. Also, I asked to see a carfax for it and they seemed very reluctant to show me one. So, finally the salesman tells us that he'll look into getting it fixed and we left. Out of curiousity, I called back a couple days ago pretending to be someone else. When I asked how it ran, the salesman replied, "Like a bat outta hell" or something to that nature. We talked some more and he goes, "Well where you coming from?" I tell him we're coming from like 3 hours away b/c I've been looking all over for a Lightning. All of a sudden, he starts stumbling over himself and eventually tells me that I probably shouldn't come in that day, but to call the next day. Oh, and he tells me that it's currently in the service department, up on a lift getting new foglights put in b/c someone stole them :confused:. Anyway, if any of you actually find yourselves wanting to buy this thing, make sure you find out what they did to it (assuming it is running normally when you go) because they aren't going to tell you anything about it. Also, be aware that from the time they listed it on Autotrader, it's been through over 100 miles of people test driving it, more than likely at redline since it doesn't want to shift. I just don't want any of you getting ripped off :bigthumb. The thought of anyone paying 15k for this truck scares me.

2Kblacksleeper
12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I looked at it but didn't drive it. The underside of the hood is black along with the fender line. the sheet metal didn't line up at the windshield cowl either.
I've got a few friends that own that model and the underside of the hood always matched. The fog have been broken ever since they have had it.
I would stay away from it also.

John

mustangrfast88
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
thanks for the heads up on that

duststang
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
yeah i looked at it about a month ago but didnt even try to drive it. I would stay away from it also

sean
12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
what a shame. My favorite truck ever

white01
12-23-2009, 07:41 PM
We get our service trucks oil changed there. The last time I was in there that truck was parted out back with no tranny under it. I looked at it since I have 1 myself. Its a shame.

Rich

Stangman
12-23-2009, 08:08 PM
I took a peek at that truck when I was test driving rangers... It was missing a foglight when I was there almost 3 weeks ago.

Funny thing is... the foglight is there in the picture on their website :confused:

LOL Castrucci is a JOKE.. they wanted me to pay 12 something for an 04 ranger with 55K and it was just a BASE 4x4...

I went to EA motorsports on beechmont and paid less than that for A LOT MORE truck...

praterjack
12-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I almost thought about going to look at that today! Thanks for the post so i didnt waste my time.

PONYGRL
That looks nice from the pics and would've been a GREAT price.... too bad it runs like a piece of junk

CincySR
My brother is actually a service tech there, so I can most likely found out everything about it.

Camaro86SHOCKER
12-24-2009, 07:17 AM
for the first time ever we did business with them and we bough a brand new edge, that lightning was sitting there then and we bouthgt our adge around august o they have had it for a while. I thought it was pretty sharp looking, but yeah they need to get that thing fixed.

frey_gt
12-24-2009, 07:19 AM
I thought about buying that truck like 4 or 5 months ago. But they wouldn't work with me on the payments. After what some of you said, I am glad I didn't buy it. When I was leaving, the salesman said that the phones has been blowing up all day on this truck so if your going to buy it you better decide fast. I think it's funny that it's still there.

four6trix
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it really is a shame. It'd be a sweet buy if it wasn't for all that. I had no idea it had been there that long. The salesman told me it had been there like 60 days and was priced to move!!! Oh well...

four6trix
12-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I went to EA motorsports on beechmont and paid less than that for A LOT MORE truck...

You know what's funny, is that after I looked at that Lightning, I went home, all mad and stuff and got back on autotrader to find another possible buy. Then I found this nice Level II Ranger that looked clean and was priced right and as soon as I started to get excited about that one, I realized it was the one you bought! You got a good buy on that one!

Stangman
12-24-2009, 01:40 PM
You know what's funny, is that after I looked at that Lightning, I went home, all mad and stuff and got back on autotrader to find another possible buy. Then I found this nice Level II Ranger that looked clean and was priced right and as soon as I started to get excited about that one, I realized it was the one you bought! You got a good buy on that one!

:lol:

I did the same thing, got on autotrader, saw it... went to look at it, and bought it that night... 2 weeks ago on tuesday

PKFIRE
12-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I went up there few years ago to look at a Buick GS Regal and when they pulled it up to me oil smoke was pooring out of the hood(maybe a valve cover seal???). Then I called about a deal on a SS Cobalt and the guy said it was mint. Well they sold it but the guy told me that they had another one and the one he told me about needed serious work and was just pulled out of their service department before it was sold.

Anyway, that place worries me.
Actually the Place was Mike Castrucci Chevy I went to.