Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone know E-Bay well ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know E-Bay well ?

Chris Lazzo
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I sold and bought a things on ebay before and never had a problem. Untill now, I had listed a RC helicopter and started the bidding @ $260 + $15 shipping and had a buy it now price of $350 ok here's what happened next I get a email through ebay and a guy wants to know if Id let him have it for $315 including shipping. I said ok but the only way he could do this was to buy it now for $365 and me paypal him $50 back. no problem right well I go to paypal and paypal is holding the funds for 21 days untill he says he receives his purchase and is happy with it.

And he wants me to paypal him $50 back. WTF

Phuck that whats to say he's not going to say something is wrong with it. Where is my protection at ? I never ran into something like this.

Thanks
Chris

Mustard
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Thats a new one for me

CNTLOSE
12-26-2009, 05:08 PM
It is something new ebay does on certain purchases or if you do not have a bank account linked to you paypal account I believe. I would say tell the guy he can have a refund or wait. Once ebay purchased paypal everything started going to hell. You can't even list that you will take checks or money orders or ebay will cancel your listing. I am sure it is because they lose the 3% they charge you with paypal.

Tell the guy what is going on and see what he says. I would not send it until you can directly withdraw the funds. But it does sound like he could be a decent guy if he sent an extra $50 to make the deal happen. Just be careful paypal will screw you in a heart beat...trust me I know. If my credit card co. had not stepped up I would have been out $500 because of paypal on a car I put a deposit on.

zlou363lx
12-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Tell him what paypal is doing and have him say that he got the helicopter/likes it, and once paypal gives you the money give him the $50 back. Print your emails and paypal dealings off and hold on to them incase he decides that he's going to try to burn you afterwards.

That's what I would do at least.

87stangbbb
12-26-2009, 05:29 PM
yeah my neighbor had that happen to him

DeckerEnt
12-26-2009, 10:13 PM
His account is making you wait, then you make him wait. If he doesn't like it, then cancel the whole deal.

Dirtyd0g
12-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I would tell him he agreed to pay the amount he can pay it or get a bad buyer rep. It's not like you are making the money on the deal, my buddy would probably buy it off you if it is nice, he loves those things.
Alan

Mista Bone
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Contact Ebay ASAP!

praterjack
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I have had this happen on several occasions and is normal on selling big dollar amount items. You will have to wait till he gives you positive feedback or like you said wait 21 days those are the only 2 options. Which stinks especially if the other person doesnt get on. Next time though as long as no one has bid on the item you could go back into the listing and change the sale price to make it what it needed to be.

Chris Lazzo
12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks Guys, Gals........ what a bunch of crap.

I noticed the guy only a a positive feedback of 4 people so I relisted it and put in the listing do not bid if you don't have 40 + positive feedbacks.

Chris

331TwistedWedge
12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
you should start all bids at .99 and let people fight for it ... dont worry, if your item is worth $300 or so, it will eventually get there ... you get more attention this way and people love bidding ... studies show you get more $$$ for your item when you start it dirt cheap ... not to mention, you paid a bunch of $$$ to list it at $265 and the buy it now ...

when i ebay'd full time, it was only .60 to start an auction at .99 ... as far as paypal, just plead your case and wait it out ... it sucks a$$, but that is the process ... unfortunately there are a few a$$ hats on ebay ...

mustang8998
12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
unfortunately there are a few a$$ hats on ebay ...

Thank you, Captain obvious! :lol:

331TwistedWedge
12-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Thank you, Captain obvious! :lol:

why dont kiss my balls with your smart ass comment :flipoff: dude you dont even know me!

95redstang
12-30-2009, 07:21 PM
why dont kiss my balls with your smart ass comment :flipoff: dude you dont even know me!

rick knows his ebay $hit.. i cant begin to tell u some of the killer items he and another one of our buddies sold on ebay... he can tell u anythinv u need to know