PDA

View Full Version : What Cell Phone Carrier do you have and what is the best deal????

Blackout
12-31-2009, 08:22 PM
I have T-Mobile and have the Touch Pro 2 phone wich I like but the stupid thing keeps breaking. I have been contemplating switching to another service but I can't seem to find anyone out there that has the same or better deal than I have right now.

My current plan:

Unlimited Phone
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Picture Mail

This plan applies to both my wife's phone and mine and my bill is $135/month for both together. Just wondering if there is any other service out there offering better for the price?

djom1cincy
12-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't think you will find anything better price wise. Maybe cincybell. I had them once and didn't like it. I'm with Verizon. I have 2 storms. Plan is 900 min, unlimited data, unlimited text and picks. Cost about 175 month.

redfirepearlgt
01-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I hae Verizon on an older 500 anytime minutes two line family plan - no email/text/internet for $67 month including fees. The service is VERY good. I travel all over the country and have never had a roaming fee and very seldom a lack of signal. My company has tried CBT abd dropped them due to costand poor coverage. The company now uses ATT blackberry and I find the signal almost as good as verizon where ever I am at. I do not know the company price plans. Verison has free nights/weekends and since all but one of both sides of our family are on verizon the phone to phone calling (in network) is free as well just like they claim. Hope this helps you some. The 500 minute plan works great for us. Been over limit twice in years of service.

Kevin1989
01-01-2010, 04:00 AM
verizon is the best, i have sprint the coverage is decent but basements of houses your kinda f'd butall my buddies have verizon they love it

SMOKE
01-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I've had them all and (in my opinion) AT&T is the best. I have been with them for 4 years, I just switched to Verizon a month ago and ended up going back to AT&T because I kept dropping calls and had no signal at my house or at work with Verizon. The price with both of them is very similar and make sure you check and see if you get a discount through your place of work. We got a 26% discount with AT&T because my wife works for Premier Health Partners (Miami Valley Hospital, Atrium Medical Center, etc.) Anywhere you go, you have 30 days to return your equipment and cancel your service without paying a termination fee so don't worry you are stuck somewhere if the phone/service sucks.

My wife and I have 2 iPhones with the iPhone data package, unlimited data, unlimited text, and 1400 minutes on a shared plan and our bill is around $155/month. Keep in mind the iPhone package and text package alone is $60/month.

Holly
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Sprint - been with them for 11 years, same number. I have heard a lot of people complain about Sprint, but honestly, I have never had any trouble. I get awesome reception almost anywhere I go.

Currently have a blackberry curve, 750 minutes (I think, I never come close to using my minutes, I hate talking on the phone), unlimited texting, unlimited internet, $69.99 a month.

Black92LX
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
T-mobile has the best service for price.

I recently got rid of T-mobile for AT&T so I could get an iPhone.
AT&T service is flat terrible

I never had trouble with T-mobile no matter where I travelled. A couple phone problems but they were handled very quickly by T-mobile.

I love my iPhone but the constant dropping of calls and echo of my own voice is quite the pain.

Hoping the rumors of the iPhone going to Verizon are true.

99Slobra
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM

I never had trouble with T-mobile no matter where I travelled. A couple phone problems but they were handled very quickly by T-mobile.

I love my iPhone but the constant dropping of calls and echo of my own voice is quite the pain.

Hint: Its not the service. The phone in VZW will keep dropping calls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/business/13digi.html?_r=1&scp=5&sq=at&t&st=cse

I love my iPhone. It does things no other phone can do. But it has its limits.

Black92LX
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Hint: Its not the service. The phone in VZW will keep dropping calls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/business/13digi.html?_r=1&scp=5&sq=at&t&st=cse

I love my iPhone. It does things no other phone can do. But it has its limits.

AT&Ts service sucks my wife does not have an iPhone but has the same problems. With service.

chadomac
01-01-2010, 02:30 PM

you could of stayed with tmobile and had your iphone unlocked. my iphone works great on tmobile and i know someone that can unlock them ;)

SMOKE
01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
AT&Ts service sucks my wife does not have an iPhone but has the same problems. With service.

I think it all really depends on where you live and work. One of my best friends lives 2 houses down from me, he is with Verizon and the service in his house is perfect, however in my house (200 feet away) I only got 1 bar if that! AT&T works great for me, I've probably had 1 dropped call in 4 years so I'm not complaining!