Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need your guy's opinions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need your guy's opinions

A05C
01-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok, I took my car to a guy to have some work done to it. In the mean time there was alot of work that was done to it that I really didn't say that I wanted to have done now I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I really can't afford to pay him for all the work that was done (although I don't feel I should because I never authorized it) but at the same time I don't have the proof to say that I never told him to stop.

So here's what I was coming up with, If I should put my engine up for sale to pay him off then start fresh and build the motor I really wanted to go with to begin with(a turbo engine).

Lemme know what you guys think and what you think I should do

Thanks,
Andrew

four6trix
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
What a crappy situation. I can't believe he didn't at least make contact with you before he did anything extra, even if he thought it was necessary. I'm not sure what kind of work you had done, so I'm not sure if he could just undo it (take new parts off) or not. Even still, if it were me and the guy expected me to pay him for stuff I didn't ask for, I probably wouldn't want to leave my car at his shop any longer at all. It sucks that you don't have anything in writing. I'm no lawyer, IMO if he's as big a jerk as it sounds like, you've gotta find a way to pay up or spend money in court. I'd definately be getting my car back ASAP. Oh yeah, then let us all know who he is so none of us make the same mistake!

A05C
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
cant take parts off of it, because alot of it was labor. like modifying the doors and making them lighter, flush mounting lexan windows and stuff. it's not a big deal as of now, I'm just gauging opinions on what i should do.

I can pay him over time but really want to get the car back and get it finished on my own (so someone cant say i didn't do any of the work)

A05C
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
he's a way's away from any of you guys. (off of state route 6) and about an hour drive north east from me.

blown86lx
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
It is a very touchy subject because its you're word against his.When I used to work at the Honda dealership and a customer brought in a car for repair,and we noticed that it needed something else other than original repairs.They would just call the customer and authorize to go ahead with the extra repairs over the phone.But they should not have gone on with the extra repairs without your consent.More than likely he is just going to say that you told him to fix it,because he's not going to eat the cost.If he is honest he will either take the parts back off and not charge you,or I have a feeling it will go the other way and he will say tough luck and you told him to fix it.I would like to know the outcome of this situation and the name of the shop also.Good luck

A05C
01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll let you guys know pending how it turns out in the end. I'm not really worried about it I've just been thinking about it. Plus if i sold the engine, i could go in the direction that i've wanted to go in before

single turbo pump gas car.. but we'll see

347sc
01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
He has to give you a writen estimate and you have to approve anything over 20% of the original estimate. Balls in you court. He is the one that will be require to prove you ok the work.

A05C
01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Which is something that I've been thinking about also. I've got all the conversation records from myspace messenger (where i talked to him on) and i never directly said to do this or do that. So I'll be talking to a teacher i had recently (he's a lawyer) and figure out what my options are