PDA

View Full Version : My new 85 347 stroker

mustanger
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Thought I'd just start a new thread with pics and info.
It was getting dark so these aren't the best pics. I'll get some pics of the interior when I have better light :bigthumb
I know some may have seen this up on Craigslist.

1985 GT Sleeper w/52k oringinal miles and the engine has less than 25k.

New Oxford White paint
The inside is very clean with a 6 pt. roll cage

Engine

347 Stroker Weisco pistons, 9.5 compression, Crower sportsman rods, ARP bolts & studs
Balanced assembly blueprinted
Lunati cam 218 intake, 226 exhaust, at 050 lift intake lift .500 exhaust lift .510.
Aluminum Edlebrock performer RPM heads and intake manifold port matched
1 5/8 equal length hot jet coated shorty headers, 2 1/2 exhaust w/ H pipe, Flow Masters
Carb shop Holly 750 w/ vacuum secondary dual line. Competition cams, pro roller rocker arms, Canton 7qt. road race oil pan.
Melling high volume oil pump, all MSD ignition, AutoMeter tach w/shiftlight.
Oversize radiator and Moroso over flow bottle, Royal Purple engine and rear end oil.

Drive Train

Zoom Clutch, D&D performance Cobra T-5, Aluminum drive shaft, 3.73, Auburn cone lock, 31 spline axles, hurst shifter.

Suspension

Front adjustable camber caster plates, Koni adjustable struts, Eiback lowering springs, Kenny Brown lower cross brace, subframe connectors, jacking plates.
Complete urethane bushing kit.

Battery relocated to the trunk.

Sunroof
So let me know what you all think, did I make the right call, like I said, I was very nervous about getting this, so far everything is good /crosses fingers.

kennebellcobra
01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I got to drive this car Saturday and pulls hard and is definatly a sleeper...thanks for letting me beat on it a little...nice car!

mustanger
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I got to drive this car Saturday and pulls hard and is definatly a sleeper...thanks for letting me beat on it a little...nice car!

My pleasure :bigthumb and thanks!

Gearhead
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Thought I'd just start a new thread with pics and info.
It was getting dark so these aren't the best pics. I'll get some pics of the interior when I have better light :bigthumb
I know some may have seen this up on Craigslist.

1985 GT Sleeper w/52k oringinal miles and the engine has less than 25k.

New Oxford White paint
The inside is very clean with a 6 pt. roll cage

Engine

347 Stroker Weisco pistons, 9.5 compression, Crower sportsman rods, ARP bolts & studs
Balanced assembly blueprinted
Lunati cam 218 intake, 226 exhaust, at 050 lift intake lift .500 exhaust lift .510.
Aluminum Edlebrock performer RPM heads and intake manifold port matched
1 5/8 equal length hot jet coated shorty headers, 2 1/2 exhaust w/ H pipe, Flow Masters
Carb shop Holly 750 w/ vacuum secondary dual line. Competition cams, pro roller rocker arms, Canton 7qt. road race oil pan.
Melling high volume oil pump, all MSD ignition, AutoMeter tach w/shiftlight.
Oversize radiator and Moroso over flow bottle, Royal Purple engine and rear end oil.

Drive Train

Zoom Clutch, D&D performance Cobra T-5, Aluminum drive shaft, 3.73, Auburn cone lock, 31 spline axles, hurst shifter.

Suspension

Front adjustable camber caster plates, Koni adjustable struts, Eiback lowering springs, Kenny Brown lower cross brace, subframe connectors, jacking plates.
Complete urethane bushing kit.

Battery relocated to the trunk.

Sunroof
So let me know what you all think, did I make the right call, like I said, I was very nervous about getting this, so far everything is good /crosses fingers.

Nice car !! Is it from the Florence area ?? I think I've seen it running around...

306Power
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Definitly a sleeper, plan on keeping the 10 holes?

mustanger
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice car !! Is it from the Florence area ?? I think I've seen it running around...

Yes it is from the Florence area :bigthumb

mustanger
01-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Definitly a sleeper, plan on keeping the 10 holes?

No, actually I will be putting my welds back on, I know it will take away from the sleeper mode but I like my welds :D

mustanger
01-18-2010, 11:33 PM
I've never had anything this fast...so it is something wicked, I've gotta learn how to drive it:chicken:

93snake
01-18-2010, 11:57 PM
looks good and should look killer on a set of welds!

DeckerEnt
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Rock any wheels you want. It is your car. Don't get rid of the 10 holes though. Those make it the ultimate sleeper!!! Even with the 347 badging.

Camaro86SHOCKER
01-19-2010, 12:19 AM
THERE IT IS! I built 95% of that car, i tracked it down a while back to buy it back but i just didnt have the cash. If you have any questions on it please ask, the story on how a friend of mine and I acquired it is even better. Glad to see it got repainted it was a little rough from sitting in clifton during college for a long time.

mustangboy
01-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Nice looking ride!! Congrats.

Stangman
01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
gorgeous car... keep the 10 holes for bad weather :bigthumb

mustanger
01-19-2010, 06:51 PM
THERE IT IS! I built 95% of that car, i tracked it down a while back to buy it back but i just didnt have the cash. If you have any questions on it please ask, the story on how a friend of mine and I acquired it is even better. Glad to see it got repainted it was a little rough from sitting in clifton during college for a long time.

I know there is another white mustang that almost looks identical to this one, I even saw it up on CL about a month ago when I was searching for this sleeper....you sure it's the same one? Because if it is that would be awesome to have someone who would know it inside out. I guess I could ask this question to see if it's the one your thinking of because I know it's the oringinal piece still in the car...what kind of radio is in it? ;)

If it is you that built most of this car, I'd love to hear the background story/s on this car :bigthumb

All I know is, this car kicks ass.

mustanger
01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Rock any wheels you want. It is your car. Don't get rid of the 10 holes though. Those make it the ultimate sleeper!!! Even with the 347 badging.

The only bad thing with keeping these tires on, I can barely get it grab, 1st and 2nd I feel like I'm going to go sideways lol.
I was in Florence the other day driving it back and started off and damn near went sideways into another truck, this thing scares me a little bit:chicken:

DeckerEnt
01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Once the ground warms up a little, traction will be better. Drag radials fit 10 holes too!!

95turbocharged
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I got to play with it a little saturday, I like it pulls good and I like to go sidways. All it needs is some good tires and a little carb tuning and she's good to go.

Camaro86SHOCKER
01-20-2010, 03:10 AM
I know there is another white mustang that almost looks identical to this one, I even saw it up on CL about a month ago when I was searching for this sleeper....you sure it's the same one? Because if it is that would be awesome to have someone who would know it inside out. I guess I could ask this question to see if it's the one your thinking of because I know it's the oringinal piece still in the car...what kind of radio is in it? ;)

If it is you that built most of this car, I'd love to hear the background story/s on this car :bigthumb

All I know is, this car kicks ass.

Honeslty i couldnt tell you what radio is in my car now, whatever was in it we never even turned on or at least not that i recall, yes it is Definitely that car. It used to have some old ugly billet specialty wheels on it that we thought looked cool at the time, the guy who bought it from us took those off and sold them and put the 10 holes on it.
We also didnt have those 347 emblems on it, we left the 5.0 emblems on the side. those are new.
When we got the car it had 32,xxx miles on it.
That car is very tight, we originally set it up to do road racing, thus if you look under it, the panhard bar on the rear axle, the ladder bar, the adjustable shocks, and also how the cage (painted grey) ran along the floor instead of straight down.
Could never get it to hook at the track, it was like the suspension was too stiff. Even with slicks i think we only pulled off a high 12 but then again we never dialed it in for the track.
That car has alot of tuning in it, i didnt know a ton about fords when we built it but i did know about carbed v8 small blocks lol. The carb actually has the choke horn milled off but even on a cold winters day it would still start up without even pumping the gas, honestly it was the best carbed car i ever did. It ran just like it was fuel injected, without all the bullshit from a computer.
When we bought it, it did have the d&d tranny already in it, you might wanna check to see if it still does, we blew that tranny up and stuck a stock t-5 in it before we sold it and explained to the new owner what happened and he said blah blah he woul dhave it repaired and put back in, whether he did or not is another story.
The only downfall was that we never converted it to 5-lug, simply because we ran acrossed a deal on the 31 spline axles that were 4-lug.
Does it still have just the yellow shift light inside? I was never a fan of that i always wanted a monster tach but my buddy disagreed.
I actually drove that car off and on many many times in rain, snow, whatever simply because when i was in clifton it was the most dependable car out of all of them lol.
The driver side rear fender looks like it was fixed in your picture, when i had it someone layed a motorcycle up against it in clifton and put a dent in it. Also the taillights were not smoked when i had it and the headliner was starting to sag in the back.
All in all id love to have it back one day so if you ever get tired of it let me know first, i have a bit of an attachment to it.
I almost pulled that 347 out and put in a stock 5.0 before we sold it but we were hard up for money so it went away, i dunno who you bought it from but the guy we sold it to was a real asshole, kind of made me upset after he left with it, then i seen it pop up all over the net the next day for 10grand!!! i was Pissed! But just shows his arrogance.
Anyways we actually traded a buddies crx straight up for it!!!
Yeah i hated that stupid crx, so i gave by buddy cash to fix his crx to trade it and in turn he gave me 50% ownership of that 85.
The kid we traded actually inherited it and didnt give a shit that it wa sa gorgeous 85 gt with ultra low miles, he wanted a rice burner so we traded the dumb shit this POS crx with a fart can and intake for it and laughed. The rest is history.
Your list of parts is correct, I actually have the reciepts and papers on the car laying around somewhere if you want them.
I also have pictures of it on my other computer with the billet specialites and the engine build if u want i can post those later.

95turbocharged
01-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes sir that is the car you had as soon as you said how tight it was. It is super tight that was the frist thing I noticed when I drove it. Well also the way the cage hugged the floor and you could still get in the back seat.

dsmawd350
01-20-2010, 09:32 AM
My buddy dustin webber owned this thing back in like 05' in the milford area. I thought this was the car then when you mentioned the old style billet wheels in knew it was it.

mustanger
01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Honeslty i couldnt tell you what radio is in my car now, whatever was in it we never even turned on or at least not that i recall, yes it is Definitely that car. It used to have some old ugly billet specialty wheels on it that we thought looked cool at the time, the guy who bought it from us took those off and sold them and put the 10 holes on it.
We also didnt have those 347 emblems on it, we left the 5.0 emblems on the side. those are new.
When we got the car it had 32,xxx miles on it.
That car is very tight, we originally set it up to do road racing, thus if you look under it, the panhard bar on the rear axle, the ladder bar, the adjustable shocks, and also how the cage (painted grey) ran along the floor instead of straight down.
Could never get it to hook at the track, it was like the suspension was too stiff. Even with slicks i think we only pulled off a high 12 but then again we never dialed it in for the track.
That car has alot of tuning in it, i didnt know a ton about fords when we built it but i did know about carbed v8 small blocks lol. The carb actually has the choke horn milled off but even on a cold winters day it would still start up without even pumping the gas, honestly it was the best carbed car i ever did. It ran just like it was fuel injected, without all the bullshit from a computer.
When we bought it, it did have the d&d tranny already in it, you might wanna check to see if it still does, we blew that tranny up and stuck a stock t-5 in it before we sold it and explained to the new owner what happened and he said blah blah he woul dhave it repaired and put back in, whether he did or not is another story.
The only downfall was that we never converted it to 5-lug, simply because we ran acrossed a deal on the 31 spline axles that were 4-lug.
Does it still have just the yellow shift light inside? I was never a fan of that i always wanted a monster tach but my buddy disagreed.
I actually drove that car off and on many many times in rain, snow, whatever simply because when i was in clifton it was the most dependable car out of all of them lol.
The driver side rear fender looks like it was fixed in your picture, when i had it someone layed a motorcycle up against it in clifton and put a dent in it. Also the taillights were not smoked when i had it and the headliner was starting to sag in the back.
All in all id love to have it back one day so if you ever get tired of it let me know first, i have a bit of an attachment to it.
I almost pulled that 347 out and put in a stock 5.0 before we sold it but we were hard up for money so it went away, i dunno who you bought it from but the guy we sold it to was a real asshole, kind of made me upset after he left with it, then i seen it pop up all over the net the next day for 10grand!!! i was Pissed! But just shows his arrogance.
Anyways we actually traded a buddies crx straight up for it!!!
Yeah i hated that stupid crx, so i gave by buddy cash to fix his crx to trade it and in turn he gave me 50% ownership of that 85.
The kid we traded actually inherited it and didnt give a shit that it wa sa gorgeous 85 gt with ultra low miles, he wanted a rice burner so we traded the dumb shit this POS crx with a fart can and intake for it and laughed. The rest is history.
Your list of parts is correct, I actually have the reciepts and papers on the car laying around somewhere if you want them.
I also have pictures of it on my other computer with the billet specialites and the engine build if u want i can post those later.

Man that is totally awesome to hear...the guy I bought it off of said he bought it a year ago, I'm assuming it was in 07 or 08, he tried to get $7500 for it but told him I all had was $6k which is true, it emptied my bank account lol.
It still has the yellow shift light in it, the head liner was redone and doesnt sag but I dont like how it was done...looked as if someone pulled it tight redone it and stapled it along the sides which you can kinda see if your looking for it.
I am very impressed with the inside of the car on how clean it is and I also liked how the rollcage was done, and right behind the driver and passanger side seat floor there is a hump, I'm assuming it has something to do with how the frame is tied together.
The carb that was on it, the guy said the plate was cracked or something like that so there is a newer one on it that has to be adjusted, I'm suppose to get the other one back from him because I'm having problems with keeping it idled at start up...but only takes about a minute for it to warm up. The guy I got it from said the carb that was on it idled just fine...so, thus is the reason I want it back.
Would also love to see how it looked before it became was it is today, it's cool that you still have the original paper work.

The only problem that I really have with it is, under the left front side, whenever I hit a bump going about 25-35 I hear something that sounds like metal smacking metal, David said it may be the sway bar but I don't know, I have to take his word for it since he helps me with trying to understand things on this Mustang.(bushings) I assume.

The radio that is still in it is a factory radio am fm cassette, of course I'm assuming it's factory...haven't seen one of those since the 80's lol.

Anytime you wanna hook up and take a look at it again just give me a hollar.

PONYGRL
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice looking stang......I dont even remember what it is like to drive a stang and wont for a while since mine is buried in the garage :(

mustanger
01-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Nice looking stang......I dont even remember what it is like to drive a stang and wont for a while since mine is buried in the garage :(
Clean that garage out and take her for a spin :D I can just imagine the chaos your going through trying to put that house back together. You'll get there :bigthumb

Stangman
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I miss driving a fox...

R825OH
01-21-2010, 01:59 PM
I miss driving a fox...

Me too! :cool1:

Nice car by the way!

mustanger
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
This question is for camero86shocker... I got back the original carb from the guy I bought it from...turns out the carb that is on it now is a 650dp not a 750dp, so I was wondering if the part he gave me is the original piece, I have a pic of it so here it is. I couldn't find the part number anywhere to tell exactly what it is, any help is appreciated. Just wondering if this is the original carb you remember?

Camaro86SHOCKER
01-31-2010, 05:38 AM
to be honest we had a few carbs for it and they all look alike, we had a 750 on it when we sold it, look on the underside for any markings where we wrote the jet size in marker, of course that could have been removed by the previous owners. Ill post the pics i have of the car when we had it including the engine and you can look, without actually holding it to see the milled down choke horn then I dont really know for sure but it does seem to look like what we had for it.

Camaro86SHOCKER
01-31-2010, 05:51 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Camaro86SHOCKER/stang5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Camaro86SHOCKER/stang3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Camaro86SHOCKER/stang2.jpg

Heres what i have of the car on this computer, i have more on a disc somewhere, that pic of the car is not in my driveway its the day we sold it. :(

mustanger
01-31-2010, 11:32 AM
The carb that is on it in your pic almost looks identical to the one I got back...only reason why I say that is because it looks like in your pic it has the carburetor shop sticker on it. The choke is removed.