PDA

View Full Version : Gun Related

Pops Fun
01-21-2010, 01:24 PM
On Tuesday I went to Columbus to sit in a meeting of the Safety and Homeland security meeting held by our representatives.
This meeting was about concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, HB203.

There was some compelling testimony by Nicole Goeser from Tennessee if you have time listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIv308PQ1Q

This was the second hearing..... next will be the people against the amendment.

djom1cincy
01-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Wow. That was something else. I for one hope they change the law. The bad guys don't stop at the door just because the good guys are not aloud to carry beyond that door. Keep us updated if you hear anything else pops.

Timido
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow call your House Representitive and have them vote for this bill

duststang
01-22-2010, 08:30 AM
They do need to change it.

Black92LX
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Good luck to you folks. Ohio could really use the law to be loosened some. Keep taking small steps you'll get there.

I remember just a few years ago we were meeting just to get concealed carry.

Pops Fun
01-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Good luck to you folks. Ohio could really use the law to be loosened some. Keep taking small steps you'll get there.

I remember just a few years ago we were meeting just to get concealed carry.

Yes I remember ... we have taken a lot of baby steps and the law is improving. The last change allowed us to carry in rest area bathrooms and parks..... Upward and onward.

fastone
01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I know Ky will not let you carry in a bar, but that is to prevent you from getting a few or for that matter any drinks in your system will carrying. Don't know about a restaurant that serves? But same thing I would think. Some people carry for protection, others because they think they are cool or want to be like a cop. Those are the ones that would scare me, wouldn't care about others while they were carrying and drinking!

Black92LX
01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I know Ky will not let you carry in a bar, but that is to prevent you from getting a few or for that matter any drinks in your system will carrying. Don't know about a restaurant that serves? But same thing I would think. Some people carry for protection, others because they think they are cool or want to be like a cop. Those are the ones that would scare me, wouldn't care about others while they were carrying and drinking!

In Ky as long as the Restaurants main business is food you are fine to carry there.
Like an Applebee, Chili's, etc. you are fine.

KY is very allowing of the places that you can carry.
http://docjt.jus.state.ky.us/forms/CCDW/CCDW/2008/Summary%20-%20LICENSE%20TO%20CARRY%20CONCEALED%20DEADLY%20WEA PONS.pdf

A list of prohibited places can be found on page 4 of that pdf.

djom1cincy
01-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Good info.