PDA

View Full Version : trans. help please!!!

shep
01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
well im having a hell of a time finding a transmission place to put my trucks transmission together. It is for my cummins in my ford swap. What i have is a getrag 360 out of a 1993 and the transmission mount with the race for the main bearing and then the transfer case. I wish it was as easy as slipping it together but noooo. There are shims for the rear main bearing and i don't know how to apply the preload for it so i can put it together. also, it looks like i will need a new rear main bearing, but pulled the side of the trans off and it looked like it was all ok and the fluid had little to no shavings and the gears weren't chewed up.
SO all in all, i need to put a new rear main bearing in it and put the trans, mounting bracket, and transfer case together. The reason it is a BIG problem for me is it is part of my senior project for school, aka if i cant drive the thing to the senior expo i dont pass. Anyone know of any place that might work with manuals still? i tried dodge, a few auto places on the west side of town and no one seems to want to do it. please let me know if you know of anyone who would do work like this!!!
thanks
shep

wes 89 gt
01-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Dirty dog or Transman might be able to help you out.

Dirtyd0g
01-25-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't do manuals but I have a buddy who is really good with them.
Alan