PDA

View Full Version : Another awesome Craigslist find

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
How about an 11 second S10 with a Cobra 302 in it?

11s. :lol:

"Chevy extreme posi rear, Ford 9 inch with 4.11 gears" well dude which is it? :lol:

If this beast goes 11s i must be sitting on a 9 second coupe and just don't know it yet.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1570597261.html

Kevin1989
01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Cobra SVT mustnag motor in it.

its doin 11s cause of the mustnag motor, you probably have a Mustang motor.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm reading your ad about the S10 and i have some questions.

First, you list that it has a Chevy Extreme posi rear end, AND a Ford 9 inch with 4.11 gears. Which is it? That's two different axles and 2 different differentials. Second, What all kind of mods are done to the engine to make it run 11s?

I can't wait for the reply.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Right now it's a chevy xtreme but we also have a ford nine inch too that we might put it and the car weighs 1200 pounds with amazing drag slicks and a cobra svt mustang motor with 30lb fuel enjectors, that's how it runs 11's and I also know how to drive the thing

Sent from my iPhone

OMG.... :lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Damn 1200lbs....i'm pretty sure a 302 complete from intake to oil pan is around 500lbs...how the hell did you get an extended cab truck down to 700lbs? That's like the weight of a crotch rocket. Can you show me any time slips from the track to prove it runs 11s? I'm interested but there's a lot of scammers out there ya know. Have you had the engine dyno tuned to work with the 30lbs injectors? What about the mass air meter, what are you running to go along with them?

Oh man i feel like a dick but i just can't help myself.

sean
01-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Keep up the questions. This is great

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-28-2010, 08:52 PM
He hasn't replied.

He doesn't wanna play anymore :(

Someone else email him Ahittinger14@gmail.com

inferno50
01-28-2010, 09:20 PM
done.

motox159
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
it's prolly a stock 302 with cobra intake lol.

quik lx
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
you dont know how many S-10's I got in my racing junk mailbox to trade for my coupe. Why do they even build them if they just wanna trade them off?

87stangbbb
01-28-2010, 11:50 PM
my dad had one built on a '76 4wd drive blazer frame with a 355 in it.it was a cool truck

Kevin1989
01-28-2010, 11:51 PM
did it do 11s?

87stangbbb
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
lol no but it did run good on the street for a lifted up 4wd

draggin50
01-29-2010, 02:37 AM
I had a smallblock ford in my 91 S10 and it was a beast. It went in fairly well but I had to relocate the oil filter. It was too light in the rear for much good though. Still it was fun and I liked the S10 body style more than the ranger at that time.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 08:30 AM
A friend of mine has a 355 in an '85 S10, and this thing is balsy as hell. It makes a ton of torque. It would easily destroy a '93 Cobra, and it has yet to break into the 12s.

He emailed me back saying something incoherent about it being gutted and being just a frame with an engine and seats or something. Ignorance is only amusing for so long so i didn't bother replying. It's obvious he knows nothing about cars. I'd really love to see the wiring job they did to get it running.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Sooooo does everyone on here just troll craigslist looking for idiots and for someone to pick on?? Seems disrespectful to me and not only is it a waste of the sellers time responding to your emails and such, but seems to be a waste of your time just picking on people. Seems like everyday I click new posts on SBZ there's atleast 1-2 of these threads. Don't you guys have anything better to do??

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Dude let me tell you what a waste of time is....when some unsuspecting kid spends his hard earned cash on a POS truck that this loser is spicing up to be some kind of racecar...that's a waste of time. I don't consider it picking on someone in the least bit if they're lying their ass off about something they're selling. How is that wrong? I see it as a kind of justice to be totally honest. This guy is potentially ripping someone off so if you ask me he's asking for it. You would never see me post somewhere ripping on someones car just to be a dick, but people like this are like leeches.

In comparison, do you think it would be ok for me to list my car as a 60k mile car that runs 9s? You don't think a little ball busting would be in order for a blatant lie like that?

Oh and for the record i found this post on another forum, i don't "troll" craigslist.

03z06vette
01-29-2010, 09:12 AM
i agree if i find a post that is clearly a line of B.S. ill call or e-mail and just let them know in a respectfull way that they are full of shit and the shouldnt be asking more that 750 bucks for there junk! they usually thank me for enlightening them.

duststang
01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
About 11 years ago I had a 350 S10 had a lot of bolt ons. It was a fun truck, could not get it to hook very good (Light in the rear). Many of times I was WOT sideways on 275 playing with people and smoke everywhere. I never took it to track I wish I would have just to find out. I couldnt afford race gas and tires anymore so I sold it. They are not the best looking but they are fun toys. You got to pay to play.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Sooo if it's all lies why didn't you flag it for removal?? Instead you bring that BS to another forum to possibly get a few laughs. That's the problem with classifieds, including on here, there's always those guys that aren't even interested or dont even have the money for whatever someone's selling but they're always there to pick the add apart for grammar and anything else they can find. The bottom line is, if you're not interested or don't have the money then stay out of peoples threads and don't waste peoples time. I'm not pointing just you out cause you're not the only one that does it. I'm just saying it doesn't need drug from forum to forum.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah you're probably right...i got a laugh out of someone's ignorance. I'll take a hit on that. But, the simple solution there is to not be a lying asshole like this guy obviously is. It's a two way street. If you're gonna list your stuff as something it's NOT, then you have to expect this kind of thing.

For example...the other CL add posted right now..the big boat with the giant wheels...i'd never email the guy talking crap to him just because i didnt like his car. THAT is wasting someone's time. I just think if you're obviously lying about what you're selling then you're a deadbeat and you're no doubt wasting someone else's time.

As for this thread...if it really bothers you that much, the simple solution is to not click on it.

Ya know the funny thing is, i think the truck is kinda cool. I'm not a fan of engine swaps but i do like the '80s S10s. Like i said, i just imagine this 16 year old kid who's saved his money and falls in love with this truck and thinks "oh man an 11 second truck!" and then finds that it's a slow ass turd and he got ripped off. I guess i should've just flagged it...but i took the low rode and got my laugh out of it. Nobody's perfect.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:23 AM
The simple solution is for one idiot to not pick on another...I guess that'd be to much to ask of you though. I just don't get my rocks off by picking on people that don't know any better. I guess that's the difference in being a mature adult and someone such as yourself.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Yep you pegged me right there. You judged my character based off of one retarded internet thread.

Bottom line, if you're selling something, don't make it out to be what it's not. That's not "not know any better", it's being a scam artist. Scam artists deserve whatever ball busting they get. You just can't go around selling things as something they're not. It's ripping people off. If YOU post something on here that's total BS, i'd be busting your balls too. I guess that makes me immature...so be it. Someone's gotta stand up and say something when someone is out to rip someone off.

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 09:30 AM
The simple solution is for one idiot to not pick on another...I guess that'd be to much to ask of you though. I just don't get my rocks off by picking on people that don't know any better. I guess that's the difference in being a mature adult and someone such as yourself.

arent you doing the exact same thing?????

this is going to be good! :popcorn:

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure but i think 2 people just called me an idiot.

:lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I do feel as if i'm picking on someone that just doesn't know any better. For that, I hope he doesn't take it to heart. Just tired of reading about the craigslist bullshit. If I wanted to read that stuff I'd be on that site and not this one. So..85_SS_302_GT_LX_COBRA_GTS.....I'm sorry for picking on you for being an idiot. I shall try harder next time to look over the foolishness of your not so intelligent threads. Please forgive me!!

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
lol...Damn these smartphones and their little buttons!

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 09:46 AM
^^ Says the guy who's double posting, ripping on my intelligence, taking shots at someone he doesn't know. Like i said man, if you don't wanna read it, nobody forced your hand to click the thread. Who's being the idiot here? You came in here running your mouth calling me names.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure but i think 2 people just called me an idiot.

LMAO!!! You caught that a lot faster than I predicted..Maybe, you're not as dumb as your threads after all, lol.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Man i'm just here to have a good time...i think maybe you just need to lighten up a bit and not take the internet so seriously. I'm just lookin out for the innocent and unknowing car buyer, while maybe taking a cheap shot at someone to get a little laugh. Let it go man.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
^^ Says the guy who's double posting, ripping on my intelligence, taking shots at someone he doesn't know. Like i said man, if you don't wanna read it, nobody forced your hand to click the thread. Who's being the idiot here? You came in here running your mouth calling me names.

Name calling??? Ever heard the old saying.."When the shoe fits"..??

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I wasnt calling you an idiot I was saying isnt this ass hat doing that same thing by calling you names and what not.......

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Man it's like my boy Brad said....aren't YOU doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing right now? Are you not busting my balls all over this thread, insulting me repeatedly, while i play the bigger man and laugh at your cheap attempts at getting a rise out of me? What exactly are you trying to do here anyways besides get my silly little thread sent off to the whipping room?

Oh i know Brad i was just makin jokes.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Man i'm just here to have a good time...i think maybe you just need to lighten up a bit and not take the internet so seriously. I'm just lookin out for the innocent and unknowing car buyer, while maybe taking a cheap shot at someone to get a little laugh. Let it go man.

If you send that guy an email telling him you're sorry for wasting his time and for being a douchbag, i'll apologize and quit picking on you!! lol

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:03 AM
If you send that guy an email telling him you're sorry for wasting his time and for being a douchbag, i'll apologize and quit picking on you!! lol

Dude, if this is all you've got, you need to take your picking to myspace or where you might actually hurt someones feelings. Besides i think at this point you've wasted more of my time than i have of his...although this is kind of amusing.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Man it's like my boy Brad said....aren't YOU doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing right now? Are you not busting my balls all over this thread, insulting me repeatedly, while i play the bigger man and laugh at your cheap attempts at getting a rise out of me? What exactly are you trying to do here anyways besides get my silly little thread sent off to the whipping room?

Oh i know Brad i was just makin jokes.

LMAO...I guess now that your boy (the one that DID in fact call you an idiot) has your back you're jumping back on the boat of you thinking its ok. After you already admitted to taking the low road and all that yada yada. So which way are you going next?? lol

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
I wasnt calling you an idiot I was saying isnt this ass hat doing that same thing by calling you names and what not.......

Hey you just called me an ass hat....Thats name calling. That's not very nice of you!

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
daum David maybe this guy is the one who owns that POS 700lb "cobra" s-10....... prolly hurt his lil feelers picking on him and then posting his texts lol........

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
daum David maybe this guy is the one who owns that POS 700lb "cobra" s-10....... prolly hurt his lil feelers picking on him and then posting his texts lol........

I think you absolutely nailed this one on the head. :lol:

Pitbull1052
Hey you just called me an ass hat....Thats name calling. That's not very nice of you!

well stop being one.. and I never said I was nice jerky......... :flipoff:

03z06vette
im not trying to get involved but threads like this are what i like to read! it is a interesting 10 min to my morning.....keep it up!

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
im not trying to get involved but threads like this are what i like to read! it is a interesting 10 min to my morning.....keep it up!

Man, 99 out of 100 times i'm NOT a part of these stupid threads, but right now i had a crappy night and feel like getting some cheap entertainment. It's kinda like watching an infomercial that you're being a part of. It's kinda trippy :lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Dude, if this is all you've got, you need to take your picking to myspace or where you might actually hurt someones feelings. Besides i think at this point you've wasted more of my time than i have of his...although this is kind of amusing.

So what you're saying is, you're finally getting the picture?? I was just bored actually and figured i'd waste a little of your time like you wasted his...All for the same laugh you were going after. lol. I got a little laugh when you admitted to taking the lower road. Sounded like you were a little sad and felt sorry for screwing with that guy, lol.

03z06vette
01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
yup!! to 85 ss 302 coupe, im out u guy have fun!

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:13 AM
you know I typically wouldnt either but this guy just totally contradicted himself

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Man...no not really at all. It's kinda like modesty. I feel about as bad as i'd feel if i stepped on an ant on the sidewalk. Yeah, i killed a living creature but it's AN ANT SO WHO CARES lol.

Don't be sad that you're 1200lb S10 is a hack job heap that goes 15s. Everyone starts somewhere and at least you have the right brand engine :lol:

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
So what you're saying is, you're finally getting the picture?? I was just bored actually and figured i'd waste a little of your time like you wasted his...All for the same laugh you were going after. lol. I got a little laugh when you admitted to taking the lower road. Sounded like you were a little sad and felt sorry for screwing with that guy, lol.

the only difference is you're doing it to a memeber (which if a member would have posted that truck on here he'd gotten the same thing from way more people) (which is why you didnt post your light weight s-10 on here) and he wasnt..........

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I will say this though, if you guys think i'm the owner of that truck, how about we just meet up when the tracks open and race to find out?? I got a little money in my pocket that I don't care to gamble with....??

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I will say this though, if you guys think i'm the owner of that truck, how about we just meet up when the tracks open and race to find out?? I got a little money in my pocket that I don't care to gamble with....??

no matter how light your truck is I don't think it'll hook enough to take David's coupe......... sorry bud

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Man my car is way too slow to be racing 11 second S10s :lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
There's only one way to find out??? You guys don't seem so sure of yourself now...what happened??

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Uh, i'm not an internet hardass that's what happened. I don't need to talk smack to feel adequate. You must have run out of insults so now you're calling out my car...which for the record i just said is too slow to run against this almighty 11 second S10.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
no matter how light your truck is I don't think it'll hook enough to take David's coupe......... sorry bud

How about you? You got anything worthy of stepping up for a little $$$?

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Uh, i'm not an internet hardass that's what happened. I don't need to talk smack to feel adequate. You must have run out of insults so now you're calling out my car...which for the record i just said is too slow to run against this almighty 11 second S10.

Ohhh ok I understand...Well I guess i'll just keep trying to sell the old truck then and just race you with my mustang. So..which track do you prefer and how much $ are we talking?

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:25 AM
How about you? You got anything worthy of stepping up for a little $$$?

I don't have anything worty against that s-10 bud sorry I don't have a big money cobra motor in mine......... and hell my rims weight about half of what that truck does

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Ohhh ok I understand...Well I guess i'll just keep trying to sell the old truck then and just race you with my mustang. So..which track do you prefer and how much $ are we talking?

Well since you're into lies and talking smack, lets bet one billion dollars and my eternal soul. :bigthumb

Dude seriously....just be honest next time you list something for sale and this won't happen. At least make the shit sound right. You can't list 2 different rear ends and say that a bone stock 302 can go 11s just because you *think* the truck is light weight and it has "awesome drag tires" on it.

If John Force...hell if Jesus himself was driving that truck, and it had a 300mph wind behind it, going down hill, it wouldn't go 11s. As for the weight, my buddy's short bed standard cab gutted and fuel celled S10 weighs 3k even...i don't think you could rip the engine/trans/rear end out of an extended cab S10 and get it down to 1200lbs.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't have anything worty against that s-10 bud sorry I don't have a big money cobra motor in mine......... and hell my rims weight about half of what that truck does

OMG :lol::lol::lol::lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM

It's ok I understand. Like i told David, if you guys are scared of the old truck, my mustang will be race ready when the tracks open. Hell for the right $ we can race tonight??

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Dude i tell ya what....i'm sure you've snooped through my cardomain sites...if you're local enough to know about this site (unless you just troll and try to sell your crappy stuff on ever classifieds you can find), then get a good look at my car and i'm sure we'll see each other at the track this year. I'll show you want an 11 second ET looks like and i'll go up against this S10. When you show me an 11 second pass, i'll race you for whatever cash i've got on me.

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Ohhh well since i'm not the real owner of the truck thats kinda tough to do. So I guess that means we have to line up our mustangs right??

03z06vette
01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
so let me get this strait......we still dont know what the s-10 really runs?

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
i dunno David if he's got that kinda motor in that bas azzz truck just imagine what he's got in his Stang....... lol

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Ohhh well since i'm not the real owner of the truck thats kinda tough to do. So I guess that means we have to line up our mustangs right??

Man whatever. This is losing its fun factor and you're just going in circles now. I'm sure you have a 10 second car and if that's not fast enough you know a dude who's brother's neighbor has an uncle who drives a 7 second Nova and used to be a roady for Skidrow.

It's ok man....let it go. No hard feelings, it's all fun and games and ha ha nobody lost an eye. If you really need to fulfill some kind of homosexual urge to feel masculine then if you see my humble little primered wonder at either of the tracks this year, don't hesitate to come over and say hello. I'm not a dick contrary to what you think, and i won't start any real shit with you. If you wanna line'em up we can. If you wanna bet money, hell why not i could always use gas money. Right now, i've got a real life to get back to so good luck with the sale buddy :bigthumb

Stangman
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Woowww... I'm glad I clicked on this thread... I needed some morning entertainment...

Who shit in stocknotch's cereal bowl this morning? :lol:

David, Now he wants to race you to see whos car is faster... Better watch out, next he might wanna compare dicks next to see who's biggest and further his ego :lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 10:51 AM
lol thats about what I figured you'd say.

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Woowww... I'm glad I clicked on this thread... I needed some morning entertainment...

David, Now he wants to race you to see whos car is faster... Better watch out, next he might wanna compare dicks next to see who's biggest and further his ego :lol:

I doubt that's all he'd wanna do is "see" it lol :lol:

stocknotch
01-29-2010, 11:00 AM

I'm just having fun and wasting some free time. I figured i'd see if he wanted to race since were both on a car forum and we both have mustangs. Heaven forbid a little racing goes down around here. I'd much rather be racing than on here talking about comparing dicks like you're talking about. I guess you guys can do that while us guys that do race are out racing, lol.

Stangman
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm just having fun and wasting some free time. I figured i'd see if he wanted to race since were both on a car forum and we both have mustangs. Heaven forbid a little racing goes down around here. I'd much rather be racing than on here talking about comparing dicks like you're talking about. I guess you guys can do that while us guys that do race are out racing, lol.

Oh I race too brother :bigthumb the gates dont swing that way over here...

1baddlx
01-29-2010, 12:23 PM
:Dwell i feel real bad i have slow junky cars and a small penis...:lol:

Stangman
01-29-2010, 12:33 PM
:Dwell i feel real bad i have slow junky cars and a small penis...:lol:

You poor bastard :lol:

Go buy a brake bleeder kit and fix the problem :rofl:

I'm not sure if that is better or worse than a bunch of unbuilt cars and a big dick :D :lol:

Pitbull1052
01-29-2010, 12:52 PM
You poor bastard :lol:

Go buy a brake bleeder kit and fix the problem :rofl:

I'm not sure if that is better or worse than a bunch of unbuilt cars and a big dick :D :lol: