PDA

View Full Version : State Trooper

duststang
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I was crusin about 70ish on 133. I going around a bend and there sits a State Highway Patrol :( stopped waiting for me to pass. I new I was caught so I just pulled straight over. He turned around and pulled behind me. He gets my info tells me I was speeding. I am thinking his is giving me a ticket and there is no way out of this one. He comes back to the car and tells me to slow it down and this is your warning. I could not believe it and told him thank you! :) WOW nice guy!

plated
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I was crusin about 70ish on 133. I going around a bend and there sits a State Highway Patrol :( stopped waiting for me to pass. I new I was caught so I just pulled straight over. He turned around and pulled behind me. He gets my info tells me I was speeding. I am thinking his is giving me a ticket and there is no way out of this one. He comes back to the car and tells me to slow it down and this is your warning. I could not believe it and told him thank you! :) WOW nice guy!

with this economy that don't happen much anymore you got lucky i've had it happen to me to,thers still good people out there:)

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I've had more officers let me go than i've gotten tickets. It pays to be polite and respectful.

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
You did get lucky. Being polite goes a long way.

Kevin1989
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
been stopped 4 times only gotten a ticket once but, i know why i was going way to fast, The officer actually said he was sorry but he Had to write the ticket, i have noticed if your nice and polite they will treat you with respect

Metcalf Racing
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
No you got lucky for sure. Really I drive 80+ so I would have been livid for getting stop driving 70. I thought it was law that if a state highway stops you,a ticket is mandatory

Pitbull1052
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I've had more officers let me go than i've gotten tickets. It pays to be polite and respectful.

I've had the same but I've got a get out of jail free card, my uncle is a pretty well known Sheriff.......

you still got lucky though I'd went played the lotto after that lol

djom1cincy
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
You got real lucky to get off doing 70 in a 55. Troopers don't usually cut slack. I know someone who was busted for following to closely yesterday by a trooper. I'm suprised he hasn't commented yet.

BradleyGT
02-01-2010, 04:13 PM

They've been all over SR 133 lately. The keep sitting near Bass Road on SR 133. I never used to see any cops on SR 133 and now just about everyday I see one. I guess it's for our own safety. People usually fly on that road. BTW you got lucky. I got stopped about 2 months ago by a Mt. Orab cop on SR 32 and I was only 7 mph over and he wrote me a ticket. I was very polite.

denial
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
No you got lucky for sure. Really I drive 80+ so I would have been livid for getting stop driving 70. I thought it was law that if a state highway stops you,a ticket is mandatory

Nothing is ever mandatory. It's officer discretion. I won't pull someone over unless they are doing at least 70/55. However, I'll stop someone around 8 mph over in a 35 and a 25. Depends on attitude for me.

Katmandu
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Troopers don't usually cut slack.You'd be surprised at actually how many times State Troopers cut driver's slack.

How do I know ? I worked with the OSP for about (7) years as an Auxiliary Trooper from 1992-1999. Served out of the Piqua and Dayton Posts. I rode about twice a week during my tenure.

The truth of the matter is this. It really is up to the individual Officer's own discretion on how to handle tickets. The OSP is funded by only 1% of Ohio's General Fund. Ohio is NOT like Florida (or other State's) that rely of Tickets/Fines for the Majority of their funding!

The #1 Violation that WILL get you a Ticket every time from a Trooper is NOT WEARING your seat belt.

A very large percentage of the time, a Trooper WILL give you a Warning for your Speed. As long as it is NOT excessive. Say 10+ MPH over.

The OSP does NOT give Trooper's quotas to fill either. I have never, ever seen or heard of a Trooper saying or trying to meet a quota. It's just not true of the OSP.

Also what IS TRUE, is the attitude YOU give to an Officer IS the attitude you receive in return! If you act like a DICKHEAD, expect to be treated like a DICKHEAD.

Best advice when being pulled over is to simple act mature, respectful and cooperative. Do NOT reach for your wallet as you are being pulled over or after you are pulled over! Keep your hands VISIBLE and on top of the steering wheel.

I can say this as well. During my many years with the OSP, I have NEVER witnessed a State Trooper get out of line with anyone. Most all the Troopers I've had the pleasure of working with where all extremely Professional.