PDA

View Full Version : stereo help

craigh4575
02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
How can I use the stock stereo, but just add a sub in the trunk?

Pitbull1052
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
splice rca's into your rear speakers and run a remote power to your fuse block and get one of those fuse taps......... I've had two 10" Diamonds in a custom ported box in the back of a Jeep Liberty hooked up this way and it thumped so hard you could feel the air moving inside the Jeep.

redfirepearlgt
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Some amplifiers have speaker level inputs that you can splice the rear speaker wires into. The benefit is that these amplifiers will sense the speaker level incoming signal an d automatically turn on the amplifier when the radio is turned on. This elimiates hunting for and running an additional remote as discussed above.

Make sure that you run a dedicated power wire (fused 30-50 amps depending on amp size) from the battery. Run 4 gage wire for both the power and the ground. Keep the ground cable as short as possible to minimize noise. Make sure that the point of grounding is clean of paint, rust, etc. A 4 gage power cable should support roughly 500-600 watts of power. Ask the stereo place or check crutchfield.com for exact specs. It has been a few years since I dida system.

Hope this along with the info above helps.

One last thing. Sub amps also come with gain controls that are very nice. They have an RJ-11 connection that plugs into the amp and then the gain adjustment knob mounts up near the driver. A very nice feature which allows you to blend the bass to the system.

PKFIRE
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=269-050

In case your amplifier does not have hi-level (speaker wire) inputs.

INSANEBA
03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Alot of audio places call them line out coverters, they work well if used right. I had 2 12's and 2 10's with 3 amps in a SHO ran from these wiht the dual factory decks. Man did that system pound and sound crystal clear!!!

02mingryGT
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
You didn't say what system you were using but here is some install instructions in case you have a Mach 460:

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm