PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Parts?

4EYED85GT
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Is Latemodel Resto a good place to order parts from? I am considering them due to the fact that they have the stainless lx tailpipes I need. Just wondering if I should order everything from them. I need to order the tailpipes, an h-pipe, clutch cable, e-brake cables, a/c delete, to name a few things. Wanting some opinions as to where everyone else prefers to order from.

306Power
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
A lot of people will say yes, but I had a problem with them a while back and it took me about a month to get some suspension parts. Is Cincy Speed or Modular Depot not able to get the LX Stainless pipes?

tdm309
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I can get you all of the parts that you are looking for give me a call at Dayton Performance 937-396-2946. Ask for Matt

CNTLOSE
02-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Is Latemodel Resto a good place to order parts from? I am considering them due to the fact that they have the stainless lx tailpipes I need. Just wondering if I should order everything from them. I need to order the tailpipes, an h-pipe, clutch cable, e-brake cables, a/c delete, to name a few things. Wanting some opinions as to where everyone else prefers to order from.

I have always had good luck with them. They even cut me some great deals when I called and spoke to them in person. I would also say call your order in vs. using the internet. This way you can find out if anything is on back order and when they plan on getting it in.

DeckerEnt
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
It seems like some of that stuff is for sale by members on here. If not, support your local speed shop. Last resort should be the big box mail order places. Just my .02

outlaw85
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I just ordered the LX tailpipes from there for the wife's cobra. They were the cheapest I could find and got them here in 3 days. Also they look great nice product!!

CNTLOSE
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I am always one to support the local business as well. But at the same time cost can be a factor. Taxes vs. cheap or no shipping cost can sometimes make or break a big item purchase...especially if I can install it myself. But whenever possible always support the local business man. :bigthumb

Pitbull1052
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I can tell you I've ordered a lot from them and i'm sure a lot of us on here has as well, I agree on supporting the local shop but I have a rough time driving to the other side of town just to order some small stuff like I just ordered my lx tailpipes and some hatch bumpers, I couldnt see driving 40 min. to order a 15 dollar part that's just my .02 I've had great luck with LMRS even CJ's and summit... I can tell you I'm gonna order a H/C/I combo like one of the package deals and it's dollar for dollar the exact same price ordering from Craig at Cincy as it is from any online spot and I'll for sure spend my money with Craig for that, and to have him tune it. They're great guys over there and have a wealth of knowledge and you can ask them anything and they'll shoot you straight

wes 89 gt
02-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I like late model but now I use cj pony parts since they always have free shipping. you should look around to see where the best deal is though.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm looking to order those same tail pipes.

outlaw85 do you think you can post up some pics for us? I'm pretty picky about fitment and how they look lined up with the bumper.

Ranger50
02-10-2010, 01:31 AM
They are just Walker replacements that can be had anywhere...

DeckerEnt
02-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Do the online places have a very friendly dog to pet or a bottle of GermX on the counter? LOL. How about some random car on a dyno just on the other side of the wall?

Dirtyd0g
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I didn't think I would see anyone saying anything good about cj pony parts lately. I personally have never dealt with them (not owning a "mustang" could cause this" however I just keep reading bad stuff lately. Another forum I am on a guy had them charge him over $1000 for a sale on accident, then they refused to give all the money back because they have a 10% restocking fee. All on parts he never ordered. I need to see if he ever got it resolved but I thought that was insane.
Alan

redrocker
02-11-2010, 05:18 AM
ive ordered lots of stuff from them . no problems at all . 1 part was back ordered they called me 4 or 5 times to update me on when it would be in . i will usethem again .

4EYED85GT
02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
After getting prices from different places I think I will order everything from late model resto as they are by far the cheapest. As far as the people on here with the support your local speed shop opinions "I got it". I totally agree with you when it comes to supporting local businesses. The fact of the matter is there isnt a speed shop too close to where I live and they are priced higher. Not sure about anyone one here but the "local speed shop" doesnt make my mortgage payment nor pay my electric bill which was $623 last month. It all comes down to cost, would you pay 20% more for the same product just to say you bought it from a place that had a cool Mustang sitting on the dyno? Just wanted to say that I am gonna order from LRS because they are cheaper on the same items which will leave more money in my pocket for other things. Thanks for everyones input and responding to my question. I appreciate and value everyones advice!

Ranger50
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Have you asked about a price match? If I want the sale, I'm getting real close to that price. The local guy has overhead he has to pay for too. Just the way I have done business in the past. Just because they gave you a price doesn't make it set in stone.

Brian

facemelter71
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I always support local guys.I can usually walk out of there with parts in hand.Internet all ready took one of my local paintball stores out.Why send your money to another state when we have very cool and knowledgable store owners right here in town.