PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on H.O. Fibertrends Hoods

CNTLOSE
02-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Well since I have decided to keep the '94 GT I am going to finish what I had planed for her. I have a Cobra nose and I think I have decided to go with the Cobra R hood. I was looking at the H.O. Fibertrends Cobra R hood for its price and if I remember right they built the original Cobra R hoods.

Would like to hear and positives or negatives from people with first hand knowledge.

Thanks!

mustangboy
02-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Dave makes a top notch product. I've had 2 of his now and they are very nice.

1baddlx
02-14-2010, 04:55 PM
they do make the cobra rr hood and they fit really good i definitely recomend them.

Maximus
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
One of the best hood manufacturing company out there.:bigthumb

facemelter71
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Ive got one of there Fiberglass decklids on the coupe.Fits great.

NXcoupe
02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I sell a lot of his hoods, I have a few in the showroom currently. I use his hoods on my two race cars, and a bunch of other cars I've had in the past. I highly recommend them. the fitment is very good, and the quality is top notch, especially in the latch area.
Let it sit outside in the sun for a few days before putting it on or getting it painted. It allows the fiberglass to finish shrinking before paint is applied. I do this with every hood I get.

Jeff88coupe
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Dave makes nice stuff....plus his shop is just up east of columbus....so you can drive up to pick a hood up to save the shipping costs.

CNTLOSE
02-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys, I think that is what I will go with.

NXcoupe you will have a pm shortly.

Stangman
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
If I ever decide to put a hood on my '94 I'd def. go with a Cobra Double R... good choice on keeping the car and on the hood :bigthumb

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-19-2010, 12:55 AM
I LOVE mine, its even better than the pricey as hell one i bought from harwood for my camaro.

The hood on my 95gt in my signatire is an h.o. barely did any prep work just sanded and painted and it looks like a steel hood.

CNTLOSE
02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys. I plan on ordering one from NXCoupe and sending it and my Cobra nose to Plated for some paint and maybe some graphics....that is as soon as I sell of my '88 GT parts car, which I am hoping will be within the next week or so.

AntiRice427
02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
I have an H.O. on my car and it fits great. I thought about getting the harwood because its a little taller but they hit the windshield before they go all the way up. They are a lot more money to. I bought my cobra nose from plated and had him paint the hood, nose, and the car all at once and I love the way it turned out. Post pics when its done! I love an sn95 with fresh paint!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54/AntiRice347/94GT342.jpg

1baddlx
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
i need to buy one for my 92 coupe i am going to find someone to strip the car down and repaint it,engine compartment and all.

INSANEBA
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
H.O. makes some of the nicest, I woulda bought one if I coulda afforded it. I also want plated to do my car, just gonna get some big work done on it first, chassis, suspension, motor and tranny. Basically pulling the radiator cap and setting a new car under it lmao!

347sc
02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
All the H.O. hoods I have painted have been scuff and shoot. Very high quality and you really can go wrong with them.

331TwistedWedge
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
im glad to see your keeping that car ... way too nice to just give away on ebay ... now lets get it to the track and line it up again 95redstangs vert ... two sn95 302 verts going down the track, now that would be some cool video :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
im glad to see your keeping that car ... way too nice to just give away on ebay ... now lets get it to the track and line it up again 95redstangs vert ... two sn95 302 verts going down the track, now that would be some cool video :bigthumb

Yeah, I am hoping to make it out this year with it. Still need to get the rear gear swapped out...which means drag radials...which means new wheels...which means...

It is never ending. :lol:

2Kblacksleeper
02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Are you planning on running hood pins? I know with most hoods they recomend them.

I am looking at the 3.5in Hood from them for my 95.

If so what kind of hood pins? I like the twist locks. I've seen to many of the other kind rust.

John

CNTLOSE
02-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Are you planning on running hood pins? I know with most hoods they recomend them.

I am looking at the 3.5in Hood from them for my 95.

If so what kind of hood pins? I like the twist locks. I've seen to many of the other kind rust.

John

I plan on getting a bolt down and use the OEM latch...not a big fan of the hood pins on street cars.

2Kblacksleeper
02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
From other sites I've read lately, most recommend pins with aftermarket hoods.
I plan on using the factory mounting points also.

I just don't want to chance having to hood come up on me while going down the road.

I know the HO is reinforced with aluminum as there site says.

John