PDA

View Full Version : moser 9" center, whats the best materials?

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Im getting ready to drop a whole bunch of money and buy a complete 9" moser center section for my Moser 9" housing for my Camaro and i need to know whats the best materials because there's a whole lot of options.

For example there are steel and aluminum cases, which one is stronger? or does this even matter its just about weight?

I already have the housing with 33 spline axles i just need the center section. Im wanting to run a full spool with 4.29:1 gears. Any recommendations? this car is a full race car so I don't care about streetability. Also whats the best option for like main cap material i see that written about some of them as well as how many bolts support the carrier. Any knowledge on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Justin

dsmawd350
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
What kind of power are you going to be making?

The thru bolted aluminum cases with billet caps are the best, but it depends on budget and how much it NEEDS to handle. Also you if it's a full race car a billet or forged pinion support would be best if its going to see street time the Daytona supports provide better oiling

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Well I really only wanna build this rear end once. I know nothings bulletproof but i want this thing pretty damn close lol, this car shreds built 10 bolts like their made of glass. Money isnt really an issue (not gonna say that too often) I mean its not gonna be driven to work or often by any means but it will be driven to car shows and maybe out on the road once every couple of weeks but its primarily for the track.
Im gonna be looking at around 600hp+ with the new combo plus nitrous.

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-19-2010, 11:48 AM
here are my dilemmas...

1350 yolk do i go with aluminum or steel?

1350 pinion support go with aluminum pro/street daytona or nodular iron pro/street daytona?

Case type, Nodular or aluminum? The aluminum case is a bolt through design, not sure what that does either. (according to Moser the nodular is the strongest housing)

Gears, whats the difference between 4.29:1 pro street and 4.29:1 pro/comp?

I know a lot of this is a no brain thing but this stuff is REALLY expensive and I dont wanna have any regrets.

My thought is to go with...
Nodular case
1350 steel yolk
1350 nodular iron daytona pro/street pinion support
4.29:1 pro/comp gears with full steel spool

I'm mostly concerned with the materials im choosing for the case, pinion support, and yolk. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Justin

Ranger50
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
here are my dilemmas...

1350 yolk do i go with aluminum or steel?

1350 pinion support go with aluminum pro/street daytona or nodular iron pro/street daytona?

Case type, Nodular or aluminum? The aluminum case is a bolt through design, not sure what that does either. (according to Moser the nodular is the strongest housing)

Gears, whats the difference between 4.29:1 pro street and 4.29:1 pro/comp?

I know a lot of this is a no brain thing but this stuff is REALLY expensive and I dont wanna have any regrets.

My thought is to go with...
Nodular case
1350 steel yolk
1350 nodular iron daytona pro/street pinion support
4.29:1 pro/comp gears with full steel spool

I'm mostly concerned with the materials im choosing for the case, pinion support, and yolk. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Justin

Go with the steel yoke, aluminum case, 35 spline pinion and matching support, and the pro gears. Also, in case you add more power, I would get the case in the 3.250" bore. The bigger bore allows you to go straight to the 40 spline axles without buying a new case.

JMO,
Brian