PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line Routing

Jrcmutang
02-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I have some questions on my fuel line routing? First off it is a 302, but i have aremotive 1/2" rails, with 10an feed and 8 an return. The problem that i am running into is the system worked fine on my 351 set up, but now that i am going with a 302 turbo the distributor is hitting the fuel rain on the drivers side....

Routing as follows:

Both feed and return are coming up the passenger side.

Feed come through a hole in the passenger side hole before the strut tower and hooks into a fetting that is mated with the passenger rail in the back. Then it goes through the passenger rail and then to a fitting that looped around into the drivers side rail in the front, basically a U shaped loop in front of the distributor. Then the fuel goes through the drivers side rail to a fitting in the back of the rail.

Return is started on the back side of the drivers rail and it goes across the firewall to the regulator that is coming through the factor air intake hole. Any suggestions on how i can solve the problem of the rail hitting the distibutor? Any help would be great! Maybe smaller rails? Also pictures would be awesome if someone is running a set up like this.

I am also worried about where the fuel line comes through on the passenger side because it is where eventually the down pipe will run

Jeff88coupe
02-25-2010, 08:27 PM
You can either use the other port on the driver's side rail (think is it on the bottom side between 6 and 7. Or switch rails....I run a set of Pro-m rails....there are several other company's making the same style that has a kickout on the driver's side front to clear the distributer. I run a 8an feed to a Yblock on the back of the passanger strut tower..then a 8an line to the back of each fuel rail...8an to the regulator near the stock air box location..6an return to my fuel cell.

You can see it in this picture of my motor.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2306198042_94e24d5355.jpg

Jrcmutang
02-25-2010, 09:25 PM
i have been trying to find a set of those kick out rails, i have the areomotive red rails, but another problem i am going to run into is the down pipe on that passenger side when i put the turbo on it?

Jrcmutang
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks for the pic to it really helps. I can see how you ran your return

Jrcmutang
02-25-2010, 09:28 PM
antoher question i just thought of is on your set up are you running a retun on both rails or just off one rail?

Jeff88coupe
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
two...a 8an line from both rails to the regulator..then a 6an return to the cell.

Brandon Alsept
02-26-2010, 08:09 AM
I know JPC sales that style rails.

http://store.jpcracing.com/JPC-Custom-50L58L-Fuel-Rails_p_406.html

Jrcmutang
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM
wow those are some slick ass rails!