PDA

View Full Version : Legal Troubles....pure frustration

Dirtyd0g
02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
To start the story this took place nearly 3 years ago.

A friends son brought his buddy (Rob Ruhrwein)over to my place wanting a torque converter for his modified powerstroke diesel. I showed him everything I had and he agreed to buy the converter.
A week later before the converter parts even showed up at my place he needed an entire transmission. I refered the transmission to another local shop (name ommited to keep down excessive drama). The customer asked me for a estimate of the repair as a stock transmission becuase his father was paying for the transmission, the customer was paying the additional cost of building it as a performance transmission himself. I provided him with an estimate of a stock rebuild.Warranty terms were set at 1 yr labor only because the truck is used in tractor pull and tug of war events often.
The customer removed his own transmission and delivered it to the other shop that was doing the transmission build. This shop did not have a parts washer or lathe so I did the machine work to add additional frictions and washed the parts.
Customer came by my shop the day after dropping the transmission off and handed me the cash to pay the other shop with. No receipts were ever given because it was completely a performance build for an abused vehicle.

Rob Ruhrwein picked up the transmission from the other shop after we thoruoughly discussed the need for a new cooler and new input/output sensors because the previous unit had been completely overheated. Rob Ruhrwein installed the transmission without touching the cooler and simply installed an inline filter in the line, BACKWARDS. This completely restricts all cooler flow and quickly overheated the new transmission. Rob Ruhrwein removed the transmission again and took it back to the shop that had built the transmission. The agreement was that Rob would pay the parts cost of repair on the transmission but no labor in exchange for complete loss of warranty. This agreement was made between Rob and the transmission builder.
Rob picked the transmission up and reinstalled it using a new transmission cooler he bought from me. Then he brought it to my place over shifting problems that were deemed to be the sensors that he had overlooked. He replaced the sensors and it drove great for 6 months. During that 6 months Rob stopped by my place every few days to brag about the wins he did in tug of war with this truck.
Finally he came back because the transmission was broke. He went to the transmission builder first who reminded him there was no warranty and wanted $2800 to fix it. Rob brought it to me asking me to build the unit for him. I spent over $800 in tools to fix his transmission, I had not built it previously for the simple fact that I did not have the tools. I also spent $600 in parts on his transmission which he agreed to pay me. I agreed to do the transmission at a very fair price (Parts plus $200 in labor). The converter was severely contaminated and needed new frictions. The parts alone on the converter were over $250 which Rob also agreed to pay.
Rob came to get the transmission from me on Thanksgiving 2008. He handed me a credit card which I refused to take. I told him cash only. He told me he had to pay with his dads credit card because they were going to dispute the charges to get the transmission fixed free. I got tired of the nonsense and his dads yelling at me on the phone and told them either pay me or they could have the parts they rightfully owned in a box. They came over with a sheriff to get the transmission. I dismantled the transmission and gave them their parts. The converter they demanded I give them as well, but it had a balance owed. The sheriff asked me to give them what they had originally brought me so I gave them a very expensive core. I figured they woudl come to their senses and just pay what was owed when they cooled down. 2 years later they sued me. I gathered up witnesses to prove everything I said however the person who built the transmission never showed despite the fact that he agreed to. Looking back I should have supeona'd him and ask for the court to be continued. I went into court a little light hearted thinking they couldn't possibly win because I had never doen the job. It is like slipping and falling in McDonalds and sueing Burger King for being to busy to serve them. Court was hilarious and when it was over I felt certain the judge had seen the truth and the contradiction in their statements. The Judge said she would make her decision and mail the results. Somehow he got a judgement against me for $1960. I am planning an appeal but with business being so slow I can't even pay the electric bill let alone an attorney. Anyone good with legal advice here? I filed a counter reply suing him for the costs and labor I had put out. The day we served that he came by with a baseball bat and busted my mailbox down. I should have filed a police report but I actually thoguht it was humorous. I just welded the broken brace and put it back together in abotu 5 minutes.
Anyone familiar with Rob Ruhrwein who will testify to the abuse the truck has seen or modifications? I just can't believe a judge could be this ignorant. It was Kathleen Rodenberg. I feel that she judged me on my appearance because I went and got a haircut and shaved before court. Those who know me know when I shave and clean up I look like I am 19. I think she looked at me as an inexperienced technician and judged me based on that opinion because the facts of court do not match up at all.
I am frustrated and not good with these legla matters obviously....
Alan

cobrajoe
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks like you need some help! I would subpoena the orig. builder to court!

SN95N/A
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Rob is a complete idiot man,I remember when zach was tellin me he got his finger stuck in a s cam for like 3 hours and he was hiding so no one found him lol,but yes he beats the crap out of that truck he tried messin with my truck about 2 months ago didnt work out for him that things slow,but i dont c how him puttin that filter on wrong and a different tranny shop doing work can come back on u?!You do great work zachs tranny in his truck is amazing!!I dont know how to help u out of this I hope u can get out of it bud.

Dirtyd0g
02-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't understand it either. Someone has some pull at the courthouse. Another tidbit I left out is that court was at 3pm. When I walked into court at 2:55 I had already lost for failure to appear. They had already put me as on the losing end of it at 2:52 pm.
I hate dealing with the legal system it is now, has never been and never will actually be fair. I asked for a supeona of the transmission builder in my appeal, if they accept the appeal. I will probably have to take it to a state level.
Alan

NXcoupe
02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Dude, a good attorney is worth their weight in gold. I hang onto my lawyer because he saved me after my divorce by correcting a lot of the mistakes my first lawyer made. I should have had custody of my little girl, but the first one screwed the pooch. It has cost me thousands so far getting things fixed he screwed up.
You're a good guy, hope things work out for ya.

draggin50
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
What a bunch of shit. I feel for you!

Dirtyd0g
02-27-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am letting this crap bother me a little bit much. I feel like I have doen wrong not by another other reason except taking court a little too lightly under the thoughts that I couldn't lose because it wasn't my job in the first place.
Alan

DSSKing68
02-27-2010, 07:01 AM
I just can't believe a judge could be this ignorant. It was Kathleen Rodenberg.

I got it stuck in and broke off by her as well on more than one issue....she was my ex-wife's divorce attorney. Tried to get my divorce moved to Hamilton county because of her pull and connections in Clermont...no luck of course. I did manage to get the clothes on my back though...It helps that her husband is the Sheriff in Clermont.

Good luck dude..if you need a pretty ruthless attorney, I have a suggestion...I would recommend trying to scrape together enough funds to get one.

plated
02-27-2010, 09:41 AM
if it were me i'd try to get some video of him beating on the truck make sure you get his lic plate on the vid,email the judge bitch the vid with an explanation try to find post's of him talking about competing with the truck on the internet send it to her,anything you can that may make the bitch reconsider her decision(you never know?),thats sux if that don't work get an attorney

Ranger50
02-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow...All I can say is WOW.

Take it for what it is worth, but I don't see how you can get out of it. Point being, you are the first point of contact in this transaction. You essentially subcontracted the rebuild, which makes you the first to be sued. I know the "customer" is a retread, I'm being very polite, but he did everything right to get the proper judgement in his favor.

You should have subpeonaed EVERYONE regards if they were going to show or not. You are going to be left out in the wind because the builder, by not showing, is putting you on the hook for everything. Oh and the builder knows this and leaves him free to do what he wants how he wants to do it. You also hurt yourself by accepting cash to pay the builder and then not get a receipt, especially if the receipt said the repair carried no warranty.

One more thing, courts, in general, for civil litigation for automotive related "repairs" are dumber then the ditziest blonde you will EVER find. Never explain more then you have to towards the real repair. Always explain how the plaintiff is at fault either by doing the work him/herself and voids warranties, the build was a non warrantiable repair, etc... They view the whole case as the big bad business is bullying the poor customer by not fixing the broke vehicle, even if the customer knows better.

I just hope you learned that in business, it is document, document, and document some more and never do a "buddy favor" for ANYONE.

HTH,
Brian

RIXXX93GT
02-27-2010, 10:49 AM
You need an attorney, and supbeonas. The issue is all the verbal agreements nobody can verify. When this happens she makes a judgement based on her experience, basically her gut.

mustang8998
02-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Is this the clown, in question?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Ruehrwein/562017419

Maybe someone can find more on him, through this.

I tried youtube, but no luck.

Dirtyd0g
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow...All I can say is WOW.

Take it for what it is worth, but I don't see how you can get out of it. Point being, you are the first point of contact in this transaction. You essentially subcontracted the rebuild, which makes you the first to be sued.

I tried to think of things from that point of view and gave it some thought. What is the difference between a referall and subcontracting? To my thoughts the difference would be who set the terms and made the profit. Also it would matter who claimed to do the work. I told the customer I did not have the tools to do that job at the time and referred him to someone else then I rode up there with him to introduce him. The rest was between them, I didn't even make a referral fee on the transmission. In fact I told Rob I would waive the referral fee if he would put my stickers on his truck for advertising. I plan to bring that to the attention of the courts in my appeal as well. I wish I could afford an attorney.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
02-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Is this the clown, in question?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Ruehrwein/562017419

Maybe someone can find more on him, through this.

I tried youtube, but no luck.

Yes it is

stocknotch
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I cant wait till old P.I. Mista Bone sees this. He's going to bust in here and tell you the guys full name, address, schools he has attended, parents names and address, what kind of dog he has and how old it is and what kind of tricks it'll do. Then he'll tell us back when the guy was 7 he was caught stealing a snickers bar and a ring pop. Then old Mista will slip back into his disguise and wait for his next big case here Stangbangerz Most Wanted!!!

87stangbbb
02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
^^^lmao, yeah your right

mustang8998
02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
I cant wait till old P.I. Mista Bone sees this. He's going to bust in here and tell you the guys full name, address, schools he has attended, parents names and address, what kind of dog he has and how old it is and what kind of tricks it'll do. Then he'll tell us back when the guy was 7 he was caught stealing a snickers bar and a ring pop. Then old Mista will slip back into his disguise and wait for his next big case here Stangbangerz Most Wanted!!!

That's all well and good, but Alan needs some video evidence. That was where I started, so if Mista can do better, more power to him.

Guys like this seem to be ready to post videos, all the time. If someone can find them, Alan stands a better chance of turning things around.

SN95N/A
02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I Can get video of ole rob doing sum things in his truck,if thats not enough I know he wants another shot at the powerstroke but i dont want my truck on video lol.

SN95N/A
02-27-2010, 09:57 PM
One other thing I dont know how to get on his myspace anymore but he has a pic on there where u hooked another powerstroke and broke his driveshaft.

Mista Bone
02-27-2010, 10:59 PM

What about his speeding ticket in Hamilton County and trouble with the Ohio Secretary of State???

If you don't like that I try to help those that have been scammed/ripped off/etc, just put me on ignore and you'll never have to read another post of mine.

Ranger50
02-28-2010, 12:38 AM
I tried to think of things from that point of view and gave it some thought. What is the difference between a referall and subcontracting? To my thoughts the difference would be who set the terms and made the profit. Also it would matter who claimed to do the work. I told the customer I did not have the tools to do that job at the time and referred him to someone else then I rode up there with him to introduce him. The rest was between them, I didn't even make a referral fee on the transmission. In fact I told Rob I would waive the referral fee if he would put my stickers on his truck for advertising. I plan to bring that to the attention of the courts in my appeal as well. I wish I could afford an attorney.
Alan

This is where what else I said comes into play. Now, the only thing the courts know comparable is home construction. Same basic principles there as here, just different language. This is where you get into a tomato vs tomato battle.

I would see if you can get the complete decision and see what laws/cases may have been used to form the decision. It is always an interpretation of a law to make a decision.

BTW, you have to treat court like going to get on an airplane. Just because you have to be there @ 3pm, doesn't mean you don't/won't start sooner based on the preceding case load. And yes, that may have influenced the previous decision.

Brian

Dirtyd0g
02-28-2010, 01:20 AM
They didn't open the courtroom until 5 minutes before, we were standing in the hall at 2:45.
Alan

Mista Bone
02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
They didn't open the courtroom until 5 minutes before, we were standing in the hall at 2:45.
Alan

So then courtroom would have opened at 2:55, but judgement was already made at 2:52, someone was greasing a few palms.

Ranger50
02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
So then courtroom would have opened at 2:55, but judgement was already made at 2:52, someone was greasing a few palms.

Or they are playing "bar time".....

ADaughen
02-28-2010, 02:43 PM
I tried to think of things from that point of view and gave it some thought. What is the difference between a referall and subcontracting?

Say you pay Sears to put windows or siding on your house. They pay a sub contractor to do the work.

When SBZ referred me to Dayton 5.0, I paid Dayton 5.0, not SBZ.

According to your first statement, you took the money and then paid the builder... sounds like sub contract work to a layman.

I would at least go to a law college and get some free legal advice on what to do next.

Good luck.

Dirtyd0g
02-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Say you pay Sears to put windows or siding on your house. They pay a sub contractor to do the work.

When SBZ referred me to Dayton 5.0, I paid Dayton 5.0, not SBZ.

According to your first statement, you took the money and then paid the builder... sounds like sub contract work to a layman.

I would at least go to a law college and get some free legal advice on what to do next.

Good luck.

I took the money only to save him the trip up there. It was understood that it was his money, not mine. I see your point and would agree, that is subcontracting. I never claimed to be selling him the transmission only the torque converter (which with the exception of contamination caused by a destroyed overdrive planet was in perfect condition). When Sears sold you the windows they claimed the job to be theirs and they paid the subcontractor less than the amount of money they recieved. I handed the full amount to the builder. The agreement was made that I wouldn't even get a referral fee in exchange for him putting stickers on the truck as advertisement.
Alan

97REDSTANG
02-28-2010, 06:52 PM
i just seen this guy up in my neck of the woods wheres he from

Dirtyd0g
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
i just seen this guy up in my neck of the woods wheres he from

Batavia

beefcake
03-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Thats why we never help with shipping anymore.

When someone buys and ebay car from me, I give them a few contacts of brokers who can arrange their shipping.

The one time we tried to be a nice guy, a military guy from Alaska wanted a vehicle shipped, he was in the field alot and asked me to take care of it and add it to the loan.

One of the ports ended up costing an additional $800. Because our invoice included shipping, even though he made the arrangements, but we paid the shipper. We were on the hook.

The fact that you accepted the payment makes it almost a 0 win situation for you I think.

Unless you can approve abuse.

306Power
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Regardless of whether it's technically legal or not it still sucks. Seems like you tried to help someone out and they just seen an opportunity to screw you over and try to get some money off you. I would chalk it up as a lesson learned to never do something for anybody ever again. Hopefully you can find some video footage of him doing something, I'm sure it's out there kids my age have to record everything stupid they do and post it somewhere. Good luck.

Dirtyd0g
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Beefcake, I know ford wouldn't warranty this transmission because of it's modifications. Can you get me proof of that.
The vehicle has
Oversized tires, High pressure fuel pump (hi-pop) Modifications to the turbo for increased boost,200hp chip and an air intake kit.
Can you get me in writing that ford would not warranty this?
Also transmission was installed by the vehicle owner(non-professional) and the cooler was not replaced on the initial build.
I know Ford wouldn't warranty it but the judge says I should?

Alan

mustangrfast88
03-01-2010, 08:00 PM
yeah ford would never warrenty that we had the same problem when i work for ford a guy tried to pull the stunt with all them mods

1992MustangDW
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Beefcake, I know ford wouldn't warranty this transmission because of it's modifications. Can you get me proof of that.
The vehicle has
Oversized tires, High pressure fuel pump (hi-pop) Modifications to the turbo for increased boost,200hp chip and an air intake kit.
Can you get me in writing that ford would not warranty this?
Also transmission was installed by the vehicle owner(non-professional) and the cooler was not replaced on the initial build.
I know Ford wouldn't warranty it but the judge says I should?

Alan

Without modified injectors you couldnt run 200 horse tune. Could you get me more info on this tune? Well lets see if its possible he has a 200hp tune which no one makes and it wouldn't even equal out without aftermarket injectors!if he had this tune that would b enough proof why the tranny hasnt held up in the first place.

I cant stand none of those diesel fags in owensville!

1992MustangDW
03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Didnt zachs tranny go out in 5 months. After you built it? The first time you pushed it out of your garage. No reverse? then fixed it 3 weeks later. Just trying to make the point even you make mistakes maybe you should just move on.

SN95N/A
03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Just giving little info but he has stock H-pop,exhaust,intake and 100hp tune..

Dirtyd0g
03-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Didnt zachs tranny go out in 5 months. After you built it? The first time you pushed it out of your garage. No reverse? then fixed it 3 weeks later. Just trying to make the point even you make mistakes maybe you should just move on.

Zack desplined the forward drum after 5 months. We had to replace it with a better unit. We actually have a 300m unit we bought here for it but Mike decided to use the full splined OEM unit instead. The no reverse issue came from the valvebody we changed. I put the original valvebody back on it and it worked fine. The unit Mike bought for his excursion from Factory Tech was preventing reverse for some reason. That was never delivered to him that way. Zacks is a little different anyway because it is a "buddy job" with experimental parts. Mike wanted to try a few things before we do the one in his truck. Rob's transmission exploded the overdrive planet. My guess is that he went into overdrive under wot/max boost and it couldn't take it. Zack's transmission was abused as well and nobody was surprised when it desplined a forward drum. We talked about installing the good drum on the original build but that was going to add another $750 in parts. Neither one of those transmissions hurt the clutches inside them. Both were hard mechanical failure.

They said in court it only had a 200hp chip on it, I figured that would require injectors as well, but they were never mentioned in court.
I don't get the diesel thing either, they are nice especially for towing, but very high maintenance and expensive when you want to make them into a toy. I wouldn't mind having one. I just wouldn't be using it as a daily driver....

SN95N/A
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
I try to drive mine easy because I can't afford to fix it lol.but good luck with everything man.

Dirtyd0g
03-01-2010, 11:58 PM

I don't understand what you mean about making mistakes so I should just move on. Zacks was simple he owed me on it and I was tying it up until he paid. If I told him it was done he would have come to get it and I would have never gotten paid for my parts, much like the breaker bar I loaned him that I will never see again. Mike replaced my fan wrench yesterday, but the breaker bar is still my loss.
What should I move on from it is hard to say I made a mistake in the build when I didn't build it. I guess I just don't understand your point.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
03-02-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't understand what you mean about making mistakes so I should just move on. Zacks was simple he owed me on it and I was tying it up until he paid. If I told him it was done he would have come to get it and I would have never gotten paid for my parts, much like the breaker bar I loaned him that I will never see again. Mike replaced my fan wrench yesterday, but the breaker bar is still my loss.
What should I move on from it is hard to say I made a mistake in the build when I didn't build it. I guess I just don't understand your point.
Alan

Added: The reason the transmission is failing is exactly what we told him would happen and he was supposed to address that right away. Whenever you put taller tires on a truck the gearing gets screwed up. The transmission shift points are not correct. The only way to correct the issue is to change the differential gearing to a ratio that brings it as close to possible as stock ratio. That takes a ton of the load off the transmission. His effective gearing is probably close to 2.5:1 with those size of tires. If he changed to 3.73 or 4.10 gears he would be closer to 3.2:1 in effective gearing.
Alan

Mista Bone
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
mods + tall mudders = failure of tranny due to motor power adders.

Now dumb that down for court system.

bestracing
03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
mods + tall mudders = failure of tranny due to motor power adders.

Now dumb that down for court system.

Thats really the truth, courts don't know HP from the crack in their ass. Everything has to be spelled out as to whats normal and what is modified and the strain that is placed on the components if certain things are not replaced.

Dirtyd0g
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Well I learned a little something this morning. I went to file the appeal and I had outlined a document with 21 good reasons why this case is crap. Apparently all I had to do was send a letter saying I object to the magistrates decision and it will be transfered to a judge. $15 filing fee is much better than a $140 appeal filing fee.
Alan

bestracing
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Good to hear it. Wish I could afford to have a 700R4 converter done, I'd bring it up to you but with the wife's hours getting cut it will be awhile. I'll keep you in mind when I need it done.

Dirtyd0g
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I recently got a really sweet setup for the 700r4's before I had 2 options, the sonnax kit which uses a wimpy fwd gm lockup piston or parts from TCS which are very expensive. The new setup has a billet lockup piston and front cover and is about half the price of the TCS stuff.
Alan

Ryan218
03-07-2010, 03:17 AM
video evidence of him beating on the truck after the new transmission was in?

NXcoupe
03-07-2010, 06:35 AM
What a world we live in when doing someone a favor by carrying money up to pay for a job makes you liable? wow.

Dirtyd0g
04-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Well I screwed up when I went to court I wanted to get a continuance because my friend that told me he would help me get the transcript never made time for me. I got denied the continuance and the case was thrown out because I didn't have the transcripts. I got an estimate on getting the transcripts done at $800. It just isn't worth fighting. I went to see an attorney out in Mt.Orab who basically told me it will cost more to appeal this case (even tho he is sure I will win) than the case is worth. He thinks the cheaper route would be to sue the guy who built the transmission for me. What a mess. No matter what you do you either give a fortune to an attorney or you can't win. I am trying to contact the builder about splitting the bill with me, if not I guess I have to file a small claims case against him. The attorney says since it was already decided in court all I have to do is prove he built it and denied warranty to win. I hate our legal system (and attorneys). The free consulatation ended up costing me $75.
Alan

Ranger50
04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
That sucks.

Just seems like if you want to get something done, you have to do it yourself anymore.

Brian

Dirtyd0g
04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I just don't really know how to aquire the transcript without paying a court reporter to do it. From what I gather a court reporter has to watch the video tape of the court and then type it up. Surely if i went to do it myself I would screw up.
Alan

Ranger50
04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I was saying that you would have to get the transcript and not someone else.

I would think that you should have been able to subpoena the court record though to prove your case. It is public record after all.

Brian

Dirtyd0g
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
From what I gathered I could get it (like everything at a cost) however they don't do paper copies anymore so I have to have it converted to paper by a court appointed official. You cannot do it yourself unless you have the degree or something. They do it all on video tape now however the courts do not accept the video tape....whatever it takes to complicate the system and make it impossible for someone to get anythign done without putting out more money than it is worth.
Alan

Ranger50
04-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Why am I not surprised.....

bestracing
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
From what I gathered I could get it (like everything at a cost) however they don't do paper copies anymore so I have to have it converted to paper by a court appointed official. You cannot do it yourself unless you have the degree or something. They do it all on video tape now however the courts do not accept the video tape....whatever it takes to complicate the system and make it impossible for someone to get anythign done without putting out more money than it is worth.
Alan

Key word there, Court Appointed. They are sworn in so the transcript is taken as being accurate in a court of law. I'm no expert but I do know that. I had to pay a transcript fee too for a suite I had as well and been through the whole legal mess too.

I hope the builder works with you, in the long run it would be cheaper on his part.

Best of luck and also for budgeting purpose, what would you charge to stall a TH700R4 converter to 2500 also what does it take to make a 700R4 into a non-lockup trans. You can PM me if you wish

Dirtyd0g
04-13-2010, 12:31 PM
2500 is really easy to get, use a code DCLF converter from an s-10,s-10 blazer or astro van. Summit sells a kit to non lockup that transmission for about $50, you have to use the kit because lube is supplied through the circuit.
Alan

mustang8998
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I'll ask someone I know, about transcripts. She is retired now, but used to work for a probate judge and did a lot of transcripts, for the extra jack.

bestracing
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
2500 is really easy to get, use a code DCLF converter from an s-10,s-10 blazer or astro van. Summit sells a kit to non lockup that transmission for about $50, you have to use the kit because lube is supplied through the circuit.
Alan

You're the man :bigthumb I appreciate the help. It means a lot to me when a shop will point you in the right direction even if it means that they didn't get the work. I really do appreciate it!!

Dirtyd0g
04-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Oddly that is what this thread was all about. I sent someone to someone else to get something done and got sued over the results. I went into court light hearted thinking I couldn't lose over a referral and lost anyway. I contacted the builder (who's name I have intentionally left out to prevent drama) and talked to the guy behind the desk at his shop who acted like I was the one being unreasonable. The builder is now avoiding my phone calls....
Alan

2Kblacksleeper
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
If he is now hiding from the fact that he is responsible for your troubles and he knows this, then he is not worth protecting.
I have a feeling I know who it was and I do not know him.
It is not the 1st issue of his work I have herd of.
Let's see though if it works it works out or not?

I still. Plan on getting you. To do a converter for me later this year.

Dirtyd0g
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
If he is now hiding from the fact that he is responsible for your troubles and he knows this, then he is not worth protecting.
I have a feeling I know who it was and I do not know him.
It is not the 1st issue of his work I have herd of.
Let's see though if it works it works out or not?

I still. Plan on getting you. To do a converter for me later this year.

I'm sure most of the people around here know who it is, slinging mud won't help the situation. The whole thing just makes me angry. I have to decide if it is worth my trouble to file the appeal and hire an attorney or just let the guy try to collect. If he tries to collect it will cost him more to collect than the money is worth. On the other hand if I fight it it will cost me more in fees than the money is worth. The only advantage of fighting it is to get the justice, but if it costs just as much is it even justified. I can turn around and counter sue for the costs but then I will be in a position of having to pay an attorney to attempt to collect......did I mention I hate attorneys....
Alan

2Kblacksleeper
04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry Alan it just seems like your stuck in a hard place no matter what.

I wish you the best of luck which ever way you choose to go.

John

myownr
04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Alan,

The question I would ask is if they review the evidence or just the proceeding. Many times these appeal courts will not overturn a ruling based on evidence, but rather court proceedings. Maybe the fact that a judgement was ruled prematurely would be a case of biased opinion of the magistrate which would in turn appeal the case to be heard again by a different judge.
If I remember right, any civil case over $20 you are entitled by your civil rights by a trial by jury. if all else fails, sue the tranny builder and just have them call rob in as evidence just to inconvenience him and his father.

Hope to have my POS windstar over to you when taxes come back, still debating just rebuilding what engine needs or get a warranted used one

Rob (not the dirtbag in this story,lol)

Dirtyd0g
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
To update this...
I paid the settlement on oct 6 2010. A little over month ago they garnished my bank account and sent me a notice to appear in court on the 23rd to dispute it. I received the notice on the 31st. Roughly $500 was taken from my bank accounts completely against the rules an regulations that applied.Apparently the magistrate removed herself from the case for personal reasons after I saw her with the plaintiff going golfing and made sure she saw me as well.

I requested a review of the case because it had already been settled and I was denied.
I finally broke down and got an attorney. He is taking he case at no cost up front, feeling certain he can win. It is being taken to a couple different things now an I have filed a greivance against the judge with the supreme court. I have to meet the attorney sometime next week and they will be scheuling a settlement hearing. They want to get rid of it quickly and quietly now.
I guess that is easier than honestly doing the job they were sworn to?
I still hate anything legal trouble however it appears this could eventually work out.
Alan

bestracing
03-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Good luck and I hope it gets settled quickly and right this time.

mad max
03-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I would be extremely upset over this situation , but hopefully it is turning the corner for you and justice will be served.

NXcoupe
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Good luck. That magistrate is borderline
Being disbarred. Hope you have good news soon