PDA

View Full Version : Tranny question?

blown86lx
03-12-2010, 04:26 AM
I have a 92 gt that's gonna have gt40 heads gt40 intake and a on3perfmance kit running 7 lbs of boost.Im gonna upgrade the clutch I was just wondering how long it would take to destroy the stock world class tranny? I don't have money to buy a TKO at the moment so I guess I was wondering if there was any possible way it would hold up for a couple of months as long as I don't launch it until I can get some cash saved for a TKO? Or will it just go to hell under that power anyways?:lol:

NXcoupe
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Well, it will handle it as long as you don't put sticky tires on the back. Plain and simple, the trans only feels the power that the tires are transfering to the pavement. If they are spinning they aren't transferring power. You get something to hook and bit, transfer all the power, and the torque of a turbo motor will snap it eventually.
If it's of any consequence, I'll have a complete TKO set up from clutch to driveshaft up for sale by Saturday. With a warranty on the trans.

blown86lx
03-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Wish I had the cash right now is kinda hard for me cause im gonna be getting laid off in a couple months so I have to save for that.I will more than likely be bringing the car to you guys to put on the dyno to tune this summer. Hope the tranny survives that!!:lol: