Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any Festiva owners out there? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Festiva owners out there?

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 07:06 AM
I feel as though i have revoked my Mancard on this one, but i bought a Festiva for a beater/dd the other day. Looking to see if anyone has ever owned one and can shed some advice on it. So far it runs like a sewing machine but you know how beaters are.

Also who has the hook up on limo tint....i need to get it put on 2x so i can hide my shame :lol:

Mr.Moontang
03-21-2010, 08:04 AM
There is no shame in a beater car, drive it pride! I thnk Joe (quicklx) had one.

'92Stang
03-21-2010, 08:34 AM
I earned extra credit on my man card in a festiva back in high school. If it's a white 84, don't sit in the backseat..:lol: Like scott said, ride with pride david. Heck my dd is purple..lol

big cheif
03-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Leo said you was getting a festy. Hell with gas prices going through the roof you can hold out your john holmes and say "who's your daddy".

thecollector
03-21-2010, 09:27 AM
One of my roomates bought one for his derlict girlfriend from a coworker of mine a couple years ago. It had 240k on it when he picked it up. After they parted ways he sold to a guy who pushed it over 300k. All the major components are still original.

No shame in rocking a puddle jumper, especially when your sharing the road with smug-ass prius drivers and "smart" cars. I have been known to scoot around on a 250 Ninja from time to time. Very few other people get 72 mpg's and can still get over 100mph:D.

BlazinEagle
03-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I had one a few years ago...man is it a bitch to find factory tires for those things. Got amazing gas mileage.

cstreu1026
03-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I would love to have a 250 Ninja to ride to and from work. 70+ mpg and you get one for under $5K new. What's not to like? If that's the Festiva of the motorcycling world then so be it because I'd be the only one laughing when I fill up.

thecollector
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I would love to have a 250 Ninja to ride to and from work. 70+ mpg and you get one for under $5K new. What's not to like? If that's the Festiva of the motorcycling world then so be it because I'd be the only one laughing when I fill up.

Stay tuned then, I have to wait to get my insurance settlement from the accident I was in with it but I will probably be selling it around May/June.

Kevin1989
03-21-2010, 10:32 AM

ive been thinking about buying my friends 95 ninja its a 250 with 2800 miles on it for 1400 bucks

cstreu1026
03-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Stay tuned then, I have to wait to get my insurance settlement from the accident I was in with it but I will probably be selling it around May/June.

Unfortunately the wife says I can't own anything with 2 wheels other than a bicycle. I guess if I have to give up the idea owning a motorcycle in order to do what I want with the mustang then it's OK.

BigBadStang
03-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately the wife says I can't own anything with 2 wheels other than a bicycle. I guess if I have to give up the idea owning a motorcycle in order to do what I want with the mustang then it's OK.

I'm not trying to start anything, but what do you tell her SHE can't have?

inferno50
03-21-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not trying to start anything, but what do you tell her SHE can't have?

uh oh. why even argue that. i think we all know women are always right even when they are not. but the bad thing is and i will admit i think my girlfriend thinks things through better than me sometimes and does prove me wrong. i just dont tell her that. rock the new hot rod beater man. people make fun of my cavalier but its paid for and i fill it up every other week.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah the tire issue is a joke. Almost nobody sells a 12 inch tire. I'm gonna hit up the junkyard for some 13 inch steelies and hopefully snag'em with better tires than i'm on now (which shouldn't be hard).

sean
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Those cars run great and run for a long time. I have been building up my man points for years and cashed in some of them on my banged up smurf blue miata. I Have no idea when the last time i went to the gas station. That car seems to get better mpg than my gsxr 1000. Drive that little d/d with pride.

redfirepearlgt
03-21-2010, 04:55 PM
The only thing I remember about them was that they had a very odd tire size. A friend had one and she ordered the repalcement tires well inadvance becasue of their small and unusualk size as well as that ony one or two people were making the tires when the car was in production.

As far as the "MANCARD", its like a CC, you currently hold it but the account is frozen, therefore your are able to get it paid off and caught up. So if you are not using it while in the Festiva, your "Manhood" should hold out for you later in life!!! lol!!!!! That would be a good thing!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Well once the coupe is painted and back on the street i plan on reimbursing my mancard account 10 fold to make up for this little turd.

I was just leaving my buddy Kenny's house and the damn thing almost caught fire. Turns out part of the wiring harness came loose from the factory zip tie and was rubbing the CV joint or something with the steering all day and rubbed through the wires till they arched and started smoking. :mad:

All is good now. Thanks Kenny :D

BigBadStang
03-21-2010, 05:31 PM
uh oh. why even argue that. i think we all know women are always right even when they are not. but the bad thing is and i will admit i think my girlfriend thinks things through better than me sometimes and does prove me wrong. i just dont tell her that. rock the new hot rod beater man. people make fun of my cavalier but its paid for and i fill it up every other week.

The increasing of 'The Pussification of The American Male'...but that is for another thread.

redfirepearlgt
03-21-2010, 06:04 PM

Yip same here. That's why I have a mustang - the alternative iron horse LOL! Probably a good thing not having a bike though, I hear that even an ugly, smelly dude on a Harley can easilly become a chick magnet for some wierd reason. I've got enough other problems without possibly opening that can of worms !!! LOL!!

BigBadStang
03-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Yip same here. That's why I have a mustang - the alternative iron horse LOL! Probably a good thing not having a bike though, I hear that even an ugly, smelly dude on a Harley can easilly become a chick magnet for some wierd reason. I've got enough other problems without possibly opening that can of worms !!! LOL!!

LOL...It's because to a chick, riding on a Harley is like riding on a Sybian! :lol:

Not sure what a Sybian is? Google it. :lol:

99Slobra
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
LOL...It's because to a chick, riding on a Harley is like riding on a Sybian! :lol:

lol. There is a guy on SVTP with a turbo Fiesta. Some bright green color and like some insane fwhp for a turd.

redfirepearlgt
03-21-2010, 07:09 PM

Now that's FUNNY!!!! Reminds me of talking to a customer the other day who had his Road King out. I asked him, " What is about a Harley that women find so compelling?" He said with as straight a face as one could muster, "Second gear". LOL!!!!!!!!!

So Sybian. I learnerd something new today. Thanks!

djom1cincy
03-21-2010, 07:24 PM
My first bike was a Yamaha fzr600 with full exhaust. I know for a fact that reving the bike was a good thing. I heard a "oh" more than once. I would rev when a new girl was on just the try and catch the reaction.

firestang70
03-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I had one boughtnew. Beat it for years. Give it to my sister. She drove it for a couple years. Then my dad beat it for several years. Very reliable car. 12" tires used to be easy to find but that was 20 years ago.

Mustard
03-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I have had 3 festivas. All were really great cars. Drove 2 of them into the ground and the third was destroyed in a wreck. Tires are a pain in the butt to find.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I have had 3 festivas. All were really great cars. Drove 2 of them into the ground and the third was destroyed in a wreck. Tires are a pain in the butt to find.

How bad was the wreck? I see you lived...that's better than most people are telling me will happen if i wreck it.

SN95N/A
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
just an idea we have 12 inch tires if u want to go that way.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
just an idea we have 12 inch tires if u want to go that way.

Tire Discounters? How much? I also need a front end alignment while you're at it.

SN95N/A
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I check for you tomarrow there a guy that has a festiva that comes into my work it has a damn bike rack on top haha.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
You mean there's a Festiva rack on top of the bike? Which one carry's the other? :lol:

I can get a set of like new Michelins for $100 but i'd have to pay to have them mounted too cause they're on Fiesta rims which are a different bolt pattern. I'd really rather find some 13 inch steelies with decent tires for cheap since it's so much easier to find 13s.

Buckeye
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
FYI the entire suspension from a aspire swaps on and it adds sway bars, Bigger brakes and upgraded spring rates all with Oe stuff. Cut a wrap from all four coeners and it handles like a go kart. Also a sohc will swap straight in and needs a minor teak to the vam to make run 100% and the 25+ hp gain in enough to make them pretty fun as a dd

Buckeye
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh and the aspires use the better bolt pattern too

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah i've read about the Aspire stuff...not sure if i wanna get that far into it or just leave it alone. If i find the parts for cheap, maybe. Right now i need to do a little maintenance here and there before i think about modifying anything. I will say though it is floaty as all hell on the highway. When you hit a bridge that has a bit of a ramp to it, you practically fly off the road. I've gotta do something to stiffen up the ride...it just feels completely out of control. It's like they made the ride really plush to be comfortable but at 65mph when you hit dips and humps like that it just feels really sketchy. I can only imagine how easy it would slide out of control on a bump in the rain with 4.5 inch tires.

big cheif
03-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Piss on it dave, lets tub it, cage it,frame it, and throw one of my 351's in it for spite!!!:bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
03-22-2010, 05:05 AM
Piss on it dave, lets tub it, cage it,frame it, and throw one of my 351's in it for spite!!!:bigthumb

Wow a Festiva wit ha V8 and Slicks. That reminds me of the guy who mounted up a 460 in a VW Beetle in Harrison years ago and then after test driving was scared to death of it!!!! LOL!!!

dragula1986gt
03-22-2010, 05:35 AM
tracter supply sells then for mowers same size lol go figure

Stangman
03-22-2010, 07:50 AM
:lol: and I thought 175/80R13 tires were hard to find for a Mustang II...

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Well turns out the driver's side inner wheel bearing (i think) is completely destroyed. This guy supposedly put new axles and calipers on it...how the fuck would he not notice this? I feel like going to his house and taking a dump on his door step.

Anyone ever do bearings on one of these? They're the press in kind...i have no idea how to do them or where to get them done without paying a fortune. I've already bought new bearings, just need help getting them installed.

Ranger50
03-22-2010, 03:55 PM
If it is like a Neon/PT Cruiser with a press-in axle hub, You could just take the whole knuckle off and press out the various parts and press it back together in about 2hrs.

Mustard
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
How bad was the wreck? I see you lived...that's better than most people are telling me will happen if i wreck it.

well I was about 30mph when the woman I hit slammed on her brakes because some guy pulled ouit in front of her. It buckled the front end real good. I did drive it home with no coolant in the car. the radiator was split in half.

big cheif
03-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Dennis tucker at crosstown service would do them for ya dave. bring him a 12 pack of miller lite!:D

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
I dont know man me and tucker never got along when i was a kid lol. Someone kept sticking electrical tape on the sign by his driveway that said TUCKER changing the t to an f. I never did do it but we would blame every kid in the neighborhood lol.

Pitbull1052
03-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I did see it this morning David I forgot how tiney those things are........ if you were any taller you'd have to pull the seat and drive from the back ....... doesnt look bad though

big cheif
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
we can take it off here at my house. i'll run it up there. he does stuff like that for me all the time. guess cause i go up there with dead strokes dad.

big cheif
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
carrie said justin was probably the one putting tape on the sign!!!:lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I did see it this morning David I forgot how tiney those things are........ if you were any taller you'd have to pull the seat and drive from the back ....... doesnt look bad though

Dude you wanna know the funny part? The guy i got it from was SIX FOOT NINE. He was flippin huge. I said man do you seriously drive this little thing? He got in and had plenty of room. You wouldn't believe how roomy they are for being so small. Of course there's hardly any room for the back seat because the front slides back so far, but there's a crap load of head room even for someone his height.

We got to his house and he wasn't home so we had to wait for him....he came pulling up in another tiny little car...i don't even know what it was but he said it had 3 cylinders and got 50+mpg.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
carrie said justin was probably the one putting tape on the sign!!!:lol:

Man i wouldn't doubt it. Then again if you know Tony who used to live right there by Tucker's house, i'm almost certain he was doing it when he lived there...they didn't get along. But because i was friends with Tony i got the blame too.

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey bring that Festiva and all your pals up to the Quaker S/L this Saturday 3/27/2010 @ 5:00pm so we can find a 6'9" guy to fit in there!!! I gotta see this! LOL!!! Come on out! Spring is here. Or bring your Mustang or other hotrod and get teat "MANCARD" reactivated!!!!

SPring is here guys. I am wnating to get out of the house, cruise, eat some wings, laugh, and tell stories!!!!! IT IS TIME!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Man i gotta work this Saturday or i'd be all about it.

Also i'm thinking i may chop a coil off the springs and lower it a bit. Not that i want a low rider but because the thing sits so high with the 13s on it that i'm afraid it's gonna roll :lol:

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Man i gotta work this Saturday or i'd be all about it.

Also i'm thinking i may chop a coil off the springs and lower it a bit. Not that i want a low rider but because the thing sits so high with the 13s on it that i'm afraid it's gonna roll :lol:

After that chp the roof, shave the door handles, french the headlights and antenna, and put sum twunnees with sum skinnies on it! LOL!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Man this thing has real coil overs on it. Millions of Mustang owners would love to have coil overs, and these little turds came stock with'em.

orange01gt
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
i have a buddy here who had a festiva and installed a boosted twin cam swap out of one of those little ugly capri xr2 convertibles.i'm not gunna lie,there are videos on youtube of that thing runnin in the 13's at the track. just type in turbo festiva in the search.it's blue with black wheels

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
There's a guy on this Festiva forum i'm browsing through who's close to running 11s !!!!

orange01gt
03-23-2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLFUPpO7cM

big cheif
03-23-2010, 08:35 PM
you mean boner was doin stuff like that?

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh man so get this....i resorted to taking it down to Car X just to get a free estimate and make sure that it was in fact the wheel bearing.

I get there and i watch the guy pull it in and i'm laughing because 1) the shifter linkage is off or something so when it's in gear the shifter still moves like 10 inches side to side like it's in neutral...so he stalls it and is completely confused because he thinks it's in neutral, 2) he goes to hit the brakes and they go to the floor because they need bleed really bad, 3) he immediately notices this insane roaring nose from the driver's side rear tire rubbing the spring perch and is poking his head out the window trying to pinpoint it.

After all this i'm literally laughing and they notice so they call me into the bay. I'm like hey man sorry i should've warned you about all that. He starts laughing, i'm laughing, so we have a good laugh over my little POS. So they start taking the wheel off and they're both tripping out over how sloppy this wheel moves around and they're shocked that i drove it in this way. I say hey i've driven worse :lol:

So anyways it turns out that it's $210 to have the bearing replaced because it's pressed in and all the labor involved (2 hours). So i say yeah man i don't think so that's like 1/4 of what i paid for the whole car. Then he goes to put it all back together and finds that the outter bearing nut...the big inch and a quarter nut that holes the outter bearing in, is just loose. He hits it with an impact on low to draw it all together and sure enough the whole thing pulls together. He loosens it up a tad so it's not too tight and bingo...all is right as rain. He says man you must be the luckiest guy i've seen all week. I say, man there's no way.

I take it down the road and the front end is like butter...no noise whatsoever. Can i really get out this easy? Where's the KY and the ass raping that i normally get when i buy a beater?

big cheif
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
glad to see that it was a simple fix!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Well two steps forward and one step back. I got the bearing thing fixed and did the brakes only to have a line burst while bleeding them.