PDA

View Full Version : For my DSB friends here on SBZ !!!

k062693w
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Just to update my friends here on Stangbangerz that "SELDOM" get on GCS (GemCityStangs) aka DSB (www.daytonstangboard) ... :lol:
Here is the thread on there about what is going on with me right now, and with the meds this was easier then retyping it !!! LOL

I will keep updating on there as I know what is going on ... :bigthumb

http://www.daytonstangboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10627

INSANEBA
03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Damnit man! GImme a call if ya wanna shoot the shit or talk cars or whatever. I'll have to get down there to make a visit soon...

Rick93coupe
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
As I don't go there anymore, how about a copy and paste?

draggin50
03-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey hope everything goes ok for ya and wish ya a speedy recover.

k062693w
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks Guys !!! I have the first appt. with the Neurosurgeon tomorrow, So I will/should know more then ...
Rick I'll give you a call tomorrow and fill you in !!!

Stangman
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Neurosurgeon?!? whoa... thats heavy!

k062693w
03-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Neurosurgeon?!? whoa... thats heavy!

Yep !!! Not the first and won't be the last ... I have a severe spinal disease that causes the spinal canal to shrink and mess with the nerves and discs ...
I already have a double caged fusion in my lower back, But the disease has progressed more quickly then they had figured, And it has moved into my neck and is playing havoc with my entire nervous system, It has destroyed 4 discs now, And the arthritis is messing with what little bit the discs aren't !!!
It looks like they will be doing a 5 vertebre neck fusion, And go in and try to scrape out and enlarge the canal ... But in my case it's almost a temporary fix ...
We will see !!!
Anyway here is a pic of what they will be doing, The only difference is that my fusion will start at the same place but go 2 vertebre higher then what's pictured ...
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/k062693w/NeckFusion.jpg

Squale iii
03-29-2010, 10:58 PM
OMG...that's awful looking!

k062693w
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I need to dig out my MRIs from my lower, But here is a generic pic of what's already in my lower back ... But the difference is mine is a double fusion, So just stack to of these neat contraptions together and that gives you an idea ... I even have the cool titanium discs too !!! LOL

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/k062693w/Cagedfusion.png

Squale iii
03-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I have a fubar'd wrist (bruised bone that hasn't healed in 10 years)... And my knee acts up if I don't stretch it before activity like sports. However I haven't had any spine issues or anything, I guess I should be glad I'm on the healthier side lol...other than being a chicken legged fuck LOL.

ibstrokin
03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear about your health problems Aaron, lmk if you want to grab jalepeno-n-chili waffle sometime.

k062693w
03-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your health problems Aaron, lmk if you want to grab jalepeno-n-chili waffle sometime.

:lol: As soon as I'm up to going to KK you are on !!! :bigthumb

Because the way it looks, I won't be racing the Vert anytime soon :mad:

'92Stang
03-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Damn Aaron, hope you get to feeling better. If you, or your family need anything holler. Semper Fi brother!!

k062693w
03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Damn Aaron, hope you get to feeling better. If you, or your family need anything holler. Semper Fi brother!!

Thanks Mike !!! I will know a little more of what the plan is today ... :bigthumb

k062693w
03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Met with the Consulting Surgeon today ... And he is STUMPED !!! He performed his own little battery of tests before reviewing any of the test results that I brought with me, And then after seeing them ... He scratched his head and said " The symptoms you are having do not match what the tests are showing " !!! He tried to get me in while I was there for a few different tests while I was there to keep me from having to drive back to Columbus, But they were completely booked ... So I get to be back in the morning @ 6:30 !!!
Anyway !!! He said that I need to have the surgery/fusion done, But before that he wants to find out what is causing the other symptoms that I'm having ... He doesn't want to jump to any conclusions before he gets the results from tomorrow's tests, But he has a feeling that there is something else going on besides the nerve damage ... So really I don't know anymore then I did, But it makes me feel better knowing that he really wants to know everything that is going on before they just go cutting on me !!!
He did switch me to different meds, So we will see how those work ... Maybe I will finally get a little rest !!!

I should know the results and plan of attack tomorrow afternoon, I'll post up when I do !!!

firestang70
03-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Chin up brother, hope all goes smoothly.

TurboNG
04-01-2010, 07:28 AM
That sucks man, just make sure you get this all done before Obamacare picks up because those doctors won't have the choice of saying "mb we should do more tests!"

1badasp
04-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I hope everything works out.

k062693w
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks Guys !!!
Dave LMAO !!! Luckily right now we have EXCELLENT insurance, But I know what you mean !!!

I went and had more nerve/muscle damage type tests yesterday ... I should know the results today, and what the next step is going to be ...