PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket mufflers

94tchikinv8
03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Need 2 to put on my 98 GT. magnalfow, slp, flowmaster, etc. it doesn't really matter to me as long as they're cheap. I'm just going to put them in place of the factory mufflers. I don't want to spend a lot, maybe $50-75. My car is just way too quiet.

I may be interested in a whole cat-back if the price is right.

Thanks,
Rob

JA04GT
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Need 2 to put on my 98 GT. magnalfow, slp, flowmaster, etc. it doesn't really matter to me as long as they're cheap. I'm just going to put them in place of the factory mufflers. I don't want to spend a lot, maybe $50-75. My car is just way too quiet.

I may be interested in a whole cat-back if the price is right.

Thanks,
Rob

Go to any smyths or hamlet autoparts and get you two brand new thrush 2 chambers. they are a flowmaster knock of and are designed the exact same. Hope that helps. They are about 30 to 35 bucks a piece.

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
If you want it to flow well, why not just spend $65 a piece for two magnaflow bullets or spiral flows and have them welded in place of the current mufflers? Or do u just want sound and don't care about speed?

94tchikinv8
03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
If you want it to flow well, why not just spend $65 a piece for two magnaflow bullets or spiral flows and have them welded in place of the current mufflers? Or do u just want sound and don't care about speed?

Mainly sound for now, they should still flow better stock anyhow. If I want more later, I'll break down and buy a catback and remove the 6 cats in front of it.;) For now, it's getting PI intake and cams on Friday, then getting beat on at Tri-State Saturday.

Thanks for the tip about the thrush mufflers, my friend knows a parts guy at smythe that gives him killer deals. What is the stock exhaust size for a 98 GT? Is it 2.25"?

I'm still open to deals on used stuff.

-Rob

JA04GT
03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Mainly sound for now, they should still flow better stock anyhow. If I want more later, I'll break down and buy a catback and remove the 6 cats in front of it.;) For now, it's getting PI intake and cams on Friday, then getting beat on at Tri-State Saturday.

Thanks for the tip about the thrush mufflers, my friend knows a parts guy at smythe that gives him killer deals. What is the stock exhaust size for a 98 GT? Is it 2.25"?

I'm still open to deals on used stuff.

-Rob

I mean if you are looking for the the cheapest way, just cut the mufflers out and weld in a straight pipe. My car had that done to it when i first bought it. It wasn't too too loud but sound pretty good.