PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, 4/3, Tri State.......

KYGTP
03-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I have never run at Tri State and thought I would give it a try this weekend.
How is the track compared to slick water?? About the same, better, worse, just like to know what to expect is all. About how long does it take to get up there from downtown, since I live in N KY?

I just turned 500 miles on the new build and I am itching to go racing and friday night I am busy, so Tri State it is. I think I am going to take it easy and not bump up my timing and just see what happens. I would love to see high 11's, but if the car is doing well, then I think I may mess with the tune a little, just don't know right now. Anyone else going up? I will be the one with slicks and skinnies in the wrong places:rolleyes:

JA04GT
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
I have never run at Tri State and thought I would give it a try this weekend.
How is the track compared to slick water?? About the same, better, worse, just like to know what to expect is all. About how long does it take to get up there from downtown, since I live in N KY?

I just turned 500 miles on the new build and I am itching to go racing and friday night I am busy, so Tri State it is. I think I am going to take it easy and not bump up my timing and just see what happens. I would love to see high 11's, but if the car is doing well, then I think I may mess with the tune a little, just don't know right now. Anyone else going up? I will be the one with slicks and skinnies in the wrong places:rolleyes:

I'll be there too man. I have always had better luck at tristate with street tires, but better at e20 with slicks. :bigthumb I to am trying to shoot for high 11's. Good luck say hi if ya see me. Ill be in a black new edge gt with fats and skinnies, prob wearing a black sbz shirt.

SpoonyGT
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I may show up If I get the tune on the car before this saturday.

JA04GT
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Yeah you should so we can run them.:bigthumb

SpoonyGT
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Do u wanna meet up and cruise up there?

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
We should all meet up Thursday afternoon/evening and get a few fun runs in while it's nice out :) From a roll of course, my car can't hook for shit atm.

SpoonyGT
03-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I sure as hell hope ur not saying me run you tony haha Pretty sure you have 150rwhp on me haha

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM
414whp, don't forget my car is like 6000 lbs....

SpoonyGT
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Dude mine is like 6000 as well lol I have a vert too and mach 1000 in my trunk

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
lol, it'd still be fun though. Not like anybody's betting money or anything ;)

edit: It's all dependent on if I can get my drywall mudding project finished before it's too late.

JA04GT
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
If you guys are talking to me about crusing up. Im down for it where and when. Oh and i might try to head out to best buy thursday if you are still doing that too.

SpoonyGT
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
here is where this thursdays meet is:

Where : BW3's Forrest Park
1081 Smiley Avenue
Cincinnati, OH‎
(513) 674-7868

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...i,+OH&t=h&z=15

When : 7pm

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm not trying to drive all the way to best buy unless i am bored as hell lol. We'll see how my day goes thursday, that's alot of wasted gas!

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
however, once the new parts get installed, i'll likely go to every meet possible looking for action LOL

kennebellcobra
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Sean, Tristate was a hooking track years back but the last few I have always had better 60's at e20 plus e20 is 492' elevation and TS 900' so you will be a little faster at e20.

I do like the atmosphere at TS...you can usually get a lot of runs in. TS is a little bumpy and the grass in the middle is a little weird at first.

Metcalf Racing
03-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think ts is bumpy at all. But its my favorite track. I'm more relaxed at ts so that let's me drive a little better.

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't think ts is bumpy at all. But its my favorite track. I'm more relaxed at ts so that let's me drive a little better.

I can't hook for shit when I go there. And I tend to break loose at the top of 2nd and randomly in 3rd sometimes...scares the shit out of me when I start fishtailing alittle with those walls closing in on ya LOL.

JA04GT
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
I can't hook for shit when I go there. And I tend to break loose at the top of 2nd and randomly in 3rd sometimes...scares the shit out of me when I start fishtailing alittle with those walls closing in on ya LOL.

Well i dont have to worry about that, cause my car dont make enough power to break loose on the big end. LOL:fart:

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Well i dont have to worry about that, cause my car dont make enough power to break loose on the big end. LOL:fart:

I'm sure you'd have no problem if you were running shitty ass 275 street tires like I am LOL. On my MT's I sold I dead hooked...in fact, it made the car seem slow and lacking in the power department. That's why after I get my go fast parts on, I'm ordering 17x11 rims with 315 MT DR's :)

331TwistedWedge
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
i like the tri state atmosphere and they have the best dogs in town ... its not a bad track, but you wont set any records there ... its usually full of middletown hillbillies and hamiltucky riff raff ... :lol:

im just kidding guys, dont come over and beat me up for that comment :lol:

KYGTP
03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
here is where this thursdays meet is:

Where : BW3's Forrest Park
1081 Smiley Avenue
Cincinnati, OH‎
(513) 674-7868

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...i,+OH&t=h&z=15

When : 7pm

I would love to meet up with you guys, but I have plans for Thursday night. Thursday marks the 1 month mark of my father passing away, so my sister and brother and I and our family are taking my mom out to be with her.

I'll be there too man. I have always had better luck at tristate with street tires, but better at e20 with slicks. :bigthumb I to am trying to shoot for high 11's. Good luck say hi if ya see me. Ill be in a black new edge gt with fats and skinnies, prob wearing a black sbz shirt.

Cool, I will try to look you up, I am sure you will not miss me, I run a race pipe and slick on the Front and skinnies on the back, Silver 2 door Grand Prix GTP.

Great!!

Sean, Tristate was a hooking track years back but the last few I have always had better 60's at e20 plus e20 is 492' elevation and TS 900' so you will be a little faster at e20.

I do like the atmosphere at TS...you can usually get a lot of runs in. TS is a little bumpy and the grass in the middle is a little weird at first.

That is good to know Shannon, so that if my car is not doing what I think it should be doing, then I will blame it on the elevation, or the driver, either or. Do you think that you will make it up? Or you going to E2O on Friday?? I will try to get to E2O next friday, have to check though.

I did go out tonight once I got the oil changed, and WOW, the car pulls like crazy with this new setup. Saw about 15lbs of boost, which is alot for me, and a small bit of KR. But I am running pump gas and 20 Degrees of timing too. So I think that if I get race fuel in, go to a size larger pulley, I should be good, then slowly dial it in on the race fuel. Come on MID 11's this year. I must say, that is my goal this season.

KYGTP
03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
i like the tri state atmosphere and they have the best dogs in town ... its not a bad track, but you wont set any records there ... its usually full of middletown hillbillies and hamiltucky riff raff ... :lol:

im just kidding guys, dont come over and beat me up for that comment :lol:

Yeah, I don't plan on setting any new PBs, I just want to go out and have good time racing is all. It will be my first time out this year with the new rebuild, so I am going to take it easy any ways.

Hamiltucky riff raff, now that is funny:lol: Never heard that one, still good though!!

kennebellcobra
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM

Yeah...I guess its not really bumpy...more dips up and down a little.

kennebellcobra
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
I would love to meet up with you guys, but I have plans for Thursday night. Thursday marks the 1 month mark of my father passing away, so my sister and brother and I and our family are taking my mom out to be with her.

Cool, I will try to look you up, I am sure you will not miss me, I run a race pipe and slick on the Front and skinnies on the back, Silver 2 door Grand Prix GTP.

Great!!

That is good to know Shannon, so that if my car is not doing what I think it should be doing, then I will blame it on the elevation, or the driver, either or. Do you think that you will make it up? Or you going to E2O on Friday?? I will try to get to E2O next friday, have to check though.

I did go out tonight once I got the oil changed, and WOW, the car pulls like crazy with this new setup. Saw about 15lbs of boost, which is alot for me, and a small bit of KR. But I am running pump gas and 20 Degrees of timing too. So I think that if I get race fuel in, go to a size larger pulley, I should be good, then slowly dial it in on the race fuel. Come on MID 11's this year. I must say, that is my goal this season.

Not sure where I'm going or what I am doing yet but I will let ya know...I might just come out and do some videoing

KYGTP
03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I might just come out and do some videoing

Now that would be cool, and would love to get some of my car, if it is possible.

kennebellcobra
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Now that would be cool, and would love to get some of my car, if it is possible.

I think its going to be possible...I should be there.

cobraman302
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I think I will be making my way up there since I dont work. Never raced at TS myself, going to bring along a few friends as well. Should be NICE weather too!

Mr.Moontang
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll be there with kygtp watching him get it done. I love watching that little v6 eat up v8's, it's just not right!!!

Timido
04-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I like tristate. I didnt think Tristate would run because they are closed on Sun. I just checked their web site and it says they are open for test and tune weather permiting I might go to edgewater tomorow because I have the day off.

Steves LX
04-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Well just watched the weather and they are calling for thunderstorms Saturday afternoon. They are saying 40% chance. I think I am going to go to E20 tomorrow night and if the weather looks promising I guess I will go to Tristate Saturday also.

KYGTP
04-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I think its going to be possible...I should be there.

Cool, I will keep my eye out for ya.

I think I will be making my way up there since I dont work. Never raced at TS myself, going to bring along a few friends as well. Should be NICE weather too!

I am looking forward to seeing how the track is too, being my first time. It looks like the temp is going to be a little cooler too.

Well just watched the weather and they are calling for thunderstorms Saturday afternoon. They are saying 40% chance. I think I am going to go to E20 tomorrow night and if the weather looks promising I guess I will go to Tristate Saturday also.

Well, lets just hope that the weather holds out, they are saying 30% of Isolated showers, as of 11:30pm, let just hope that it is Isolated somewhere other than TS. But you know how the weather men can be.

If it is possible we should stake out a sopt for all us to park, but then again, I have no idea as to what type of room there is up there. For those who have been, where is a good place to setup at??

Oh, and Steve, when you are you going to get that new setup in?? Looks to be pretty nasty........:eek:

Steves LX
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Cool, I will keep my eye out for ya.

I am looking forward to seeing how the track is too, being my first time. It looks like the temp is going to be a little cooler too.

Well, lets just hope that the weather holds out, they are saying 30% of Isolated showers, as of 11:30pm, let just hope that it is Isolated somewhere other than TS. But you know how the weather men can be.

If it is possible we should stake out a sopt for all us to park, but then again, I have no idea as to what type of room there is up there. For those who have been, where is a good place to setup at??

Oh, and Steve, when you are you going to get that new setup in?? Looks to be pretty nasty........:eek:

That 'aint going to happen!! That was a little early April Fools for Curt!! I got enough headaches with what I have. I dont need to add more to the mix. I couldn't handle something with that much power. I think I would be so scared everytime I went out I wouldn't even be able to enjoy it. But yeah hopefully the rain does hold out. I need to practice on my lights and I am definitely hitting up E20 just in case Saturday doesn't work out. I just finished loading the car up on the trailer and pissing off my neighbors.:lol:

KYGTP
04-02-2010, 12:45 AM
That 'aint going to happen!! That was a little early April Fools for Curt!! I got enough headaches with what I have. I dont need to add more to the mix. I couldn't handle something with that much power. I think I would be so scared everytime I went out I wouldn't even be able to enjoy it. But yeah hopefully the rain does hold out. I need to practice on my lights and I am definitely hitting up E20 just in case Saturday doesn't work out. I just finished loading the car up on the trailer and pissing off my neighbors.:lol:

I Got ya, I know that would scare me as well, I am fine with what I even have, it is not even that fast.

I would love to go to E2O on Friday, but have plans that can not be broken:( I have already tried............

You gotta love a loud car late at night, it can never be when everyone is awake or in daylight hours, it seems to ALWAYS be late when you need to fire up the car and do something with it.

Well, hope to see you up there, if not, I am sure I will see you at E20 the rest of the year.

black90lx
04-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Yeah...I guess its not really bumpy...more dips up and down a little.

i have heard of the dip but i have never felt it even on a bike.

Mista Bone
04-02-2010, 03:08 AM
I will goto Tristate for T&T before ever going back to Edgewater for T&T simply because of the street tire lanes at the starting line.

When I'm sitting on $800 worth of slicks and wheels and can't line up in the groove????

It ended up breaking a $900 limited slip and while I was chasing that issue I didn't know the motor wasn't happy, wiped it out as well.

The dip @ Tristate is nothing in a 13.0 second Honda......

I'll run UMTR at Edgewater after a few passes at Tristate to knock the rust off, once they goto 4pm-8pm run times.

KYGTP
04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Well, it is not looking good for today:( Looks like the rain is on it way, but since the car is loaded and I had no other plans, I am going to head up that way anyway. My "wishful thinking" is that MAYBE it will break up by the time it gets to us, not going to happen most likely.

Oh well, at least I will be able to see where the track is and how long it takes to get there.

JIMS SVT
04-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I couldn't handle something with that much power. I think I would be so scared everytime I went out I wouldn't even be able to enjoy it. :

Come on guy...dont be scared.haha

Mr.Moontang
04-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Well we are here and it is dry and cool...

black90lx
04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
me and a buddy headed down on our bikes and got caught in the rain as soon as we came into hamilton.

JA04GT
04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Well the track was open and i was there. Went a 13.23 on the motor, and a 12.06 on the juice. Seen kygtp and moontang there.

black90lx
04-03-2010, 08:05 PM
were they open the whole time or did the rain shut them down?

Mr.Moontang
04-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Rain closed I about a half hour but then it was beautiful.

KYGTP
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM
me and a buddy headed down on our bikes and got caught in the rain as soon as we came into hamilton.

When we first got there around 12:45 or so, it was raining a little bit, just kinda spitting, and then it cleared up and the sun came out and we went at it. I got about 3 passes in and the clouds came rolling in, and the rain came down pretty good for about 15 mins or so, and once agian the sun came out nice and bright. After about 45 mins or so, they opend up the track and back to racing we went.

Well the track was open and i was there. Went a 13.23 on the motor, and a 12.06 on the juice. Seen kygtp and moontang there.

It was nice to meet you, and you got some pretty good runs in. Well, the best that I was able to get was a 11.90 BUT my good friend took it down the track and ened up pulling a 11.88 out of it. I would have to say, operator error on my behalf.

Over all I was pretty pleased, considering that all last year I could not get anything lower than a 12.1x, and the first time out this year with the new rebuild, we were able to get a 11.88 out of with a 1.76 60'. Not bad. So my goal this year is to see that mid 11 sec pass.

The track itself, being it was my first time to T/S, was not that bad, but there IS a dip toward the end of the track, no big deal though. It felt like I was racing on a back road somewhere out in no mans land though. The return road, is like just big enough for your car and that is it, kinda neat really, just have to pay attention a little more on the way back. I am glad I went and I am sure I will go back some other time. It was a fun day for sure:D

kennebellcobra
04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, the best that I was able to get was a 11.90 BUT my good friend took it down the track and ened up pulling a 11.88 out of it. I would have to say, operator error on my behalf.

Over all I was pretty pleased, considering that all last year I could not get anything lower than a 12.1x, and the first time out this year with the new rebuild, we were able to get a 11.88 out of with a 1.76 60'. Not bad. So my goal this year is to see that mid 11 sec pass.

The track itself, being it was my first time to T/S, was not that bad, but there IS a dip toward the end of the track, no big deal though. It felt like I was racing on a back road somewhere out in no mans land though. The return road, is like just big enough for your car and that is it, kinda neat really, just have to pay attention a little more on the way back. I am glad I went and I am sure I will go back some other time. It was a fun day for sure:D

Congrats...mid 11's should not be a problem with some more testing and better air...da was 1500'

I looked at the weather and figured they would cancel...glad you got some runs in!