PDA

View Full Version : cam options

egbertnr
03-31-2010, 08:55 PM
So if I dont sell my car, i will most likly replace the solid roller with a hydraulic roller setup and have the car set up for a little more street friendly setup.....Any input on a setup that works well with a turbo???

How much power would one lose going from solid to hydraulic?

Jeff88coupe
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Well...as most cam guys will tell you "it depends". What are the spec's for the solid roller you have now in it? How much street driving would you like to do? Just because it's a solid roller doesn't really mean it can't be street driven...it just depends. What is your motor and turbo setup?

egbertnr
04-01-2010, 12:51 PM
To be honest I don't know as much about the engine as I would like...I know its an 8.0:1 CR, venolia dished pistons...AFR 185 that have been P&P...

I'd like to be able to get in it and go cruising, don't need a daily but just something I don't have to adjust every other time I jump in it. Drive to the track, lay down some passes and drive home...

76mm turbo, running about 12psi right now would probably tune for 12 and maybe a little more.

egbertnr
04-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Over on corral some guys mentioned a custom ground cam...any recommendations for who does that locally?