PDA

View Full Version : H&R Block screwing me!

duststang
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I went to H&R Block in Amelia yesterday. Loretta did my taxes, this lady seemed really nice and friendly. When she was finished she tells me that it is $200. I explained that I thought it was half of what you paid last year according to TV add. She explains that expired 28th so I go ahead and pay. When I get home guess what I see on the TV their add good until 4/15. I call and she goes on to explain that they never told her that they extended it. She then explains to me it is half of what you paid last year deducted from your amount and my total will be $167? I then call H&R Blocks coperate number and they explain it is half of what you paid last year. If you paid $150 then your bill will be $75. I am so furious with this lady lie to me twice directly to my face.
:mad:
This is BS and I would not recommend anyone to go there!!!!!!

facemelter71
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I quit going there 4 years ago.Place is a god damn rip-off.

cstreu1026
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't trust those places. We have a family accountant we use. It's not cheap but I know I can trust what comes out of his mouth.

Pitbull1052
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
so after all of that they still didnt take care of it? man that sucks if you're doing a simple return just use turbo tax

duststang
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I talked to her again and she told me that the owner is not going to change her mind. I told her that I need to speak to the owner. she will call me back. I cannot believe these people keep making this stuff up. I knew I should have not went there. Kicking my self. No wonder they have a gun band sign on the door. LOL

facemelter71
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Oddly enough,Sprint has the same damn stupid ass sign on the door.

87stangbbb
04-01-2010, 01:36 PM
whoop that trick

Blackout
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I do my taxes with Turbo Tax every year and don't have any problems

MsBlkramair
04-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't trust those places. We have a family accountant we use. It's not cheap but I know I can trust what comes out of his mouth.

same here

Dirtyd0g
04-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I jsut go tot tax.irs.gov and see who is doing free efile this year. Several of my friends and myself used taxact.
Alan

Gene
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
If your taxes are simple enough that H&R Block can do them, you're better off doing them yourself with Turbo Tax or something.

If they're complex, then you're better off paying a real accountant to do it instead of one of the yahoos at an H&R Block.

Gearhead
04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
$200 for HR Block to do your taxes ??!! :eek::eek: I think the most expensive version of Turbo Tax is only about $80 and that's if you have investment income, rental property, home business, depreciation, etc....

Rick93coupe
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Give the owner the option to refund the difference and if not file a complaint with the BBB. Seems pretty cut and dry. I'm wondering if you could make any money off of this?

cobrajoe
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
You can use TurboTax for complicated ones also. It ask so many Q's you shouldn't miss anything.

duststang
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I talked to the owner she told me if I did not like it file a complaint with corporate and she will just reject it. So i called corporate and filed a complaint. The lady at corporate could not believe that they are treating me like this. This is the first time I have used H&RBlock and the last. I think I will buy Turbo Tax and start doing them me self. my taxes are not complicated at all. I have not stock, business, nothing like that. My taxes was finished in about 15 min. I sent a letter to Howard Ain. I cannot believe these people.

duststang
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
my next step is the BBB.

cobrajoe
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I talked to the owner she told me if I did not like it file a complaint with corporate and she will just reject it. So i called corporate and filed a complaint. The lady at corporate could not believe that they are treating me like this. This is the first time I have used H&RBlock and the last. I think I will buy Turbo Tax and start doing them me self. my taxes are not complicated at all. I have not stock, business, nothing like that. My taxes was finished in about 15 min. I sent a letter to Howard Ain. I cannot believe these people.

unbelievable!:rolleyes:

ibstrokin
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for posting this, they have been doing my taxes for the last 5 yrs, I called before my appt. and ask about this, they said that it was only for 1st time customers and had expired, but still offered me a $50 discount. I looked on the website and could not find any info about it, and I never saw it on a commercial, the lady said they didn't offer that in our market, Dayton.

04 Venom
04-02-2010, 08:29 PM
If your taxes are simple enough that H&R Block can do them, you're better off doing them yourself with Turbo Tax or something.

If they're complex, then you're better off paying a real accountant to do it instead of one of the yahoos at an H&R Block.

Absolutely.

nsaniti
04-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Thanks for posting this, they have been doing my taxes for the last 5 yrs, I called before my appt. and ask about this, they said that it was only for 1st time customers and had expired, but still offered me a $50 discount. I looked on the website and could not find any info about it, and I never saw it on a commercial, the lady said they didn't offer that in our market, Dayton.

half the price you paid last year...for first time customers?? :confused::confused::lol:

Blackout
04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
There is no way in hell that I would pay someone or company that kind of money to do my taxes. If you don't have alot of write-offs and are going to owe, Turbo Tax is the easiest and best way. There is a even a FREE version on there website

myownr
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
file a complaint with the state attorney general for false advertisement. That will get her attention and a fine to boot.

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
There is no way in hell that I would pay someone or company that kind of money to do my taxes. If you don't have alot of write-offs and are going to owe, Turbo Tax is the easiest and best way. There is a even a FREE version on there website

+1 on T-Tax been doing it now for 8 seasons. Got screwed by HR Block myself. HR rep told me, "use this form and follow it next year and use turbo tax and you will have no problems. Has worked like a glove. Did local, state, and fed on 4/12. Paid 24.95 which included electronic filings for fed. filed by phone on state and paid in person on local. Filed married/separate. HRB at least showed me I get more back from state going that route. Trust me, if I can do it anyone can do it.