PDA

View Full Version : Found a dog

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone around Withamsville/Amelia know anyone looking for a lost chihuahua? We found this little black and white female chewing on a bone by our dumpster. She looks a bit old, has gray on her nose and is getting cataracts in her eyes. She's very friendly and loves car rides...we took her to the vet to get her scanned for a chip and she jumped right in the car. She's definitely someone's pet, probably around our apartments but there's hardly anyone home today so we're posting fliers around town. If anyone local hears anything let me know.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Well it's looking like i'm the proud new owner of a mature chihuahua/beagle mix. I've got signs posted all over the place and posted on craigslist...but we're thinking she was dropped off here at the apartments so someone would pick her up. I don't get how people can do that. This little dog is hardly more bothersome than a cat. She doesn't bark and she's half the size of my cat (literally). She's scared to death and obviously misses someone...it's sad. She's a lap dog, she understands a few commands, she doesn't even need a leash to walk her...you say potty and she runs to the door and steps out and does her thing and comes back in. If you say bye bye she runs to the door and already knows what we drive and you open the door and she jumps in. She's too old to have been a stray for long without dying.

99Slobra
04-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I really really hate that. Thanks for taking her in.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Good news...her owner just text me. She lives on our street somewhere. She said her name is Maggie (should've seen her jump up when i said her name). She said she's very old and gets lost sometimes because she lets the dog out to do her business and sometimes loses her way. Ah well...little shit kinda grew on me but i'm glad she's going home. You can really tell she's home sick. Dogs are so cool like that. Oh and she's chihuahua/wiener dog mix....no idea why i didn't see that, she looks more like a wiener dog than anything.

djom1cincy
04-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Cool. Nice job on locating the owner. I picked my dog Sophie up at the spca. You could tell she was someones dog at the time. She knew commands and was mostly house broken. Only a hand full of mishaps in the house. Its sad when someone loses or dumps their dogs.