PDA

View Full Version : IPOD touch backup on PC

ashnic
04-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Just picked up a used Ipod touch from a buddy and it is loaded with a lot of great music and aps....I would like to back it up on my pc before sync with Itunes...anyone ever do this or have a couple good trust worthy links..

BigBadStang
04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Do yourself a favor...F*#k itunes! it is a resource hog, it's bloatware, and locks up and crashes frequently.

I use an ipod manager called CopyTrans, it is wicked fast, and super easy to use and I will NEVER use itunes to sync stuff to the ipod again!
http://www.copytrans.net/

It has a free manager that allows you to drag and drop pictures, video and music stored on your PC directly to your ipod. For making a backup, you can buy the CopyTans icloner for $20, and it creates a complete backup on your PC.

ashnic
04-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Is it very difficult to use or is it more like typical windows?

BigBadStang
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Is it very difficult to use or is it more like typical windows?

It's VERY easy to use, and it's super light (meaning no extra bullshit packaged in with the software). The first time I used it I was able to add 2 CD's worth of 320kb/s MP3's in a matter of about 2 minutes, and being the typical cave man, didn't bother with reading the directions or tutorials. :lol:

It is very much like standard windows type software. It shows music on the ipod, and gives you the option to create playlists, and separate music by genre or artist for viewing. You can either make a playlist from music on your PC, or you can open your music folder and just drag and drop the music files you want to add into the ipods 'window' in the CopyTrans manager, then sync it when you are done. Very easy...like I said, I will NEVER use itunes again after finding this software. The problems I had with itunes was maddening! I prefer to buy my music downloads from Amazon. They are DRM free (meaning you can do whatever you want with the file such as chopping and editing it for using parts or riffs for cell phone ringtones), and almost all songs are 99 cents and the selection is huge. Give it a try, I love it.

ashnic
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
will do thanks

ashnic
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Well there is some music on my ipod I want to remove...but save on my pc...will this do it?

BigBadStang
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Well there is some music on my ipod I want to remove...but save on my pc...will this do it?

There is a trial version of the iCloner with the it, but I'm not sure how much it will let you do with the cloner for free, but you can try, and see how much it will let you do.

http://www.copytrans.net/icloner-create-ipod-backup-image.php

Hell, if it only lets you do it once for free, you would at least have the music that's on it now.

ashnic
04-05-2010, 12:44 AM
icloner does not support the touch...i just found out!!

BigBadStang
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Hell...that sucks.

ashnic
04-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Yea...but thanks for all your help...

BigBadStang
04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/help/touch_to_pc.html

My friend says he uses this software. It supports the iphone and ipod touch. It's not free though...He said it's around $25? If the ipod has a ton of music on it, it would just about be worth the $25 to save them.

ashnic
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Yea...that is exactly what I am trying to do...will look into it...