PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Four Wide Nationals in Charlotte

04 Venom
04-05-2010, 10:42 AM
For those of you that watched the four-wide races at Charlotte, what is your opinion? Personally, I thought it was a gimmick, which I hope doesn't catch on. I defintely prefer side-by side drag races.

Pitbull1052
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I watched some thought it was cool something different, they were talking to some of the drivers and they were pretty amp'd about it, said it's crazy if you are the first one to start your car and do your burn out that you can't hear or tell what's going on with the car so you never know what you've got till you hit the skinny pedal.....

Evil_Capri
04-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I enjoyed the racing. I think there is a place on the schedule once a year (or perhaps an All-Star) for the 4-Wide Nationals.

mustang8998
04-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not crazy about it, as a TV viewer, but it has to be awesome in person. 32,000 horse power blasting by the stands........WOW!

They said on the broadcast, that The Strip At Vegas, was designed for 4-wide as well. If they only do two a year, I'll be okay with that.

beefcake
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm not crazy about it, as a TV viewer, but it has to be awesome in person. 32,000 horse power blasting by the stands........WOW!

They said on the broadcast, that The Strip At Vegas, was designed for 4-wide as well. If they only do two a year, I'll be okay with that.

i agree!!!!