PDA

View Full Version : OSM Membership Fee Updates

Kelly Pelrine
04-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone.... I just thought of something else i'd like to address as far as the membership fees go. Last year we had a few people who started out running one class but then switched to another. Just so they were able to get some seat time in & didnt want to just test. So, i would like to offer a one time tranfer opinion for those who want to race but either dont have the car ready for the class they want to run or come into one class then decide they want to run another. Once you switch your membership to the new class you cannot switch back to the old class. Unless you want to run both, in which case a membership fee for the 2nd class needs to be paid.

Here is the breakdown of how the membership fees will go:
-$40.00 per class. If you know you are running more than one class all season a membership fee needs to be paid per class.
-If you start out in one class then decide to switch, a one time transfer will take place & you DO NOT need to pay another fee. You will have to re-register for your new class numbers & stickers.

All points you accumulate in one class will STAY with that class. When you switch to a new class you will begin earning points in that class. Points do not transfer from class to class.

I hope this helps everyone out. I do not want to have to turn anyone away just because they arent ready for a certain class, or might not know which class they'd prefer to run without getting some seat time.

Also, registration will be next to tech again this year so we'll get everyone taken care of all in one spot :)

Thanks everyone & see you Sunday!

JASON408
04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
so let me get this straight there is a membership fee for every class???? so its not a membership fee for osm its to \a class:confused:....... so if i want to run 6.50 and quick street i got to pay for entry for both classes then pay another 80 bucks in membership fees

Kelly Pelrine
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
so let me get this straight there is a membership fee for every class???? so its not a membership fee for osm its to \a class:confused:....... so if i want to run 6.50 and quick street i got to pay for entry for both classes then pay another 80 bucks in membership fees

No lol. It is one entry fee per class you want to run. If you wanna run two classes its $80.00 total.

JASON408
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
is there a extra membership fee to test ????

Kelly Pelrine
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
is there a extra membership fee to test ????

No sir, just a straight $30 to T&T

93 coupe
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
On sunday can we just roll through and pay spectator prices untill we decide if it's gonna even be worth our time?

Then if it is just pay the difference from what we already paid to get in.

On the membership you should maybe break that down over all the races just in case that class folds or car count/payout sucks. Just my opinion. :confused:

Kelly Pelrine
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
On sunday can we just roll through and pay spectator prices untill we decide if it's gonna even be worth our time?

Then if it is just pay the difference from what we already paid to get in.

On the membership you should maybe break that down over all the races just in case that class folds or car count/payout sucks. Just my opinion. :confused:

Yes, you can do that. Just keep in mind registration closes at noon so if you decide to race make sure ya get all set before then :)

Payout is based on car count, so the more cars show the more you all have. Its been posted for a few months now so everyone should know exactly what to expect. There is no need to spread out the membership and i dont know of anyone who does that. The classes that are in place this year full time are the classes that are staying throughout the entire year so no worries there. Again, they are based on car count not spectator count there is no reason to axe a class. QS & PS are guaranteed payout no matter what.

93 coupe
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Cool just really wasn't sure because we never had that meeting you talked of.

Also I thought I read on some site somewhere that you would axe 8.5 if it didn't start shapping up. IF that's the case would there be a refund of the membership fee?

Kelly Pelrine
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Also I thought I read on some site somewhere that you would axe 8.5 if it didn't start shapping up. IF that's the case would there be a refund of the membership fee?

Ohh haha yea no worries. I had wanted to have that meeting but with the rainout & not much time in between i wasnt able to get it together. Thats my fault, ive been planning my wedding plus looking for houses & gettin ready for this race. Crazy times lol!

I believe i have said that in the past & that was probably me not keeping my temper in check. Please excuse any past ramblings. With the way i have the payouts set now, even if we only get a few cars i wouldnt kill the class. Unfortunately it would only hurt the people in the class by having less racers show up. I love the 8.5 class & i really hope it turns around this year!

John Leslie Jr.
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
40 bucks for membership,and 25 for race day???... thats nothing. Pro Stick here I come!!! I wish my nmra membership, and race day fees were that cheap. Hope to see some of you other guys out there. I love good challenges against great racers. This weekend's weather looks great. Should be a good turnout. Hope to meet a bunch of you stangbangerz.

JASON408
04-08-2010, 06:21 AM
40 bucks for membership,and 25 for race day???... thats nothing. Pro Stick here I come!!! I wish my nmra membership, and race day fees were that cheap. Hope to see some of you other guys out there. I love good challenges against great racers. This weekend's weather looks great. Should be a good turnout. Hope to meet a bunch of you stangbangerz.

Hell no 40 and 25 is nothing.. But drag radial is 100 plus 40 thats little more and since no more than 6 cars showed up last year a race that means your racing for 400 to win ..sound more like factory stock with out the contindcy.. .. But 30 bucks to test is not bad and hell get a few guys testing to get a little side betting going might be racing for more than 400 anyway :bigthumb

John Leslie Jr.
04-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Well I see what your saying but on the flipside, thats why Im coming out is to help with car counts, the pro stick class sounds great, and I love racing. I keep seeing where everyone complains about the payouts or car counts, well if the people who talk about it would just show up and race, then both the counts and the payouts would be better. I travel all over the country to race, cuz I love it, not because of the money. And dont get me wrong, its nice to win some money and all, but its not about that. After reading some different threads, people need to understand the need for the membership fees, and think about what is all involved behind the scenes of running a series. Everyone thinks its so easy, but its far from that. Im just rambling in general, and not toward anyone. Its just with membership fees, we can now afford to do more radio ads as well as other kinds of advertising. In doing so we bring in more racers, more racers=bigger payout. Also now you can have a nice banquet with jackets and awards. So many people post negative remarks and then wonder why no one shows up at the races. Seriously if you have a question, idea, or suggestion, contact the owner in a PM, phone call, or email. You would think the people that want bigger payouts and more cars, and spectators would be supportive and not so openly doubtful. This is just my honest opinion and not directed toward anyone, so please no one think it was directed at anyone in general. Again I hope to meet and greet many of you this weekend.

joeracer
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
So the membership fee is for advertising? not for the banquet at the end of the year? I' a little confused.:confused:

Well I see what your saying but on the flipside, thats why Im coming out is to help with car counts, the pro stick class sounds great, and I love racing. I keep seeing where everyone complains about the payouts or car counts, well if the people who talk about it would just show up and race, then both the counts and the payouts would be better. I travel all over the country to race, cuz I love it, not because of the money. And dont get me wrong, its nice to win some money and all, but its not about that. After reading some different threads, people need to understand the need for the membership fees, and think about what is all involved behind the scenes of running a series. Everyone thinks its so easy, but its far from that. Im just rambling in general, and not toward anyone. Its just with membership fees, we can now afford to do more radio ads as well as other kinds of advertising. In doing so we bring in more racers, more racers=bigger payout. Also now you can have a nice banquet with jackets and awards. So many people post negative remarks and then wonder why no one shows up at the races. Seriously if you have a question, idea, or suggestion, contact the owner in a PM, phone call, or email. You would think the people that want bigger payouts and more cars, and spectators would be supportive and not so openly doubtful. This is just my honest opinion and not directed toward anyone, so please no one think it was directed at anyone in general. Again I hope to meet and greet many of you this weekend.

93 coupe
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Hmmm :rolleyes:

John Leslie Jr.
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Ok I guess I worded it wrong and I apologize, as in any series especially here, membership fees, and entry fees are toward..
Stickers,
Banquet,
jackets,
awards,
track rentals,
employees,
as well as other things...

Guys Im not trying to argue with anyone, just trying to show you guys whats all involved here. Its not easy to put these things together especially when the owner does alot out of their own pocket.

Kelly Pelrine
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys, the membership fees are for and have always been.... for the competition stickers (your class stickers & banners that you get at registration), and the jackets & awards for the banquet.

John is my fiancee and he is sticking up for me which i appreciate very much. He was going by what the NMRA uses its membership fees for.

I hope this clears things up :)

Kelly Pelrine
04-08-2010, 12:47 PM

I posted this on YB but thought i should ask here also....... do you 8.5 guys want to get together sometime sunday? I will be working registration but im sure we can work out a time to talk about things if you guys want?

Kelly Pelrine
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Hell no 40 and 25 is nothing.. But drag radial is 100 plus 40 thats little more and since no more than 6 cars showed up last year a race that means your racing for 400 to win ..sound more like factory stock with out the contindcy.. .. But 30 bucks to test is not bad and hell get a few guys testing to get a little side betting going might be racing for more than 400 anyway :bigthumb

Im hoping more than 6 show per race this year. Gotta think on the positive. If everyone shows every race that said they would show, we'll have a full field every race. But, you know how that goes lol. At least you know exactly what you'll be getting paid instead of me having to get everyone together on race day. I know that was a big concern last year & why i posted the payout schedule :) All we can do is try to get more cars out so your purses go up!

Kelly Pelrine
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Here is something else that was just suggested on our board:

Racers that do not want to join the series but still want to race do not pay a membership fee. If no one wants to be entered into the points, dont pay the membership fee. That will also exclude anyone from contigency & year end awards from sponsors as well. If you choose to race without points, then decide at the next event you want to enter, you can pay your membership fee then. But points Wouldnt accumulate till the event you joined.

Would that be something a little more acceptable? That way, if you are new & want to check out the series there is no obgliation & if you choose to join you can do so :)

Kelly Pelrine
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
ive posted an update to how the memberships are gonna work. I hope everyone is good with the new deal & i apologize for the mess!

e5shea
04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Great time out there today. Should've seen more Stangbangerz out there.

cstreu1026
04-12-2010, 07:27 AM
The ones that did come out did pretty well.

Mustard
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I had a blast. Cant wait till the next one

Kelly Pelrine
04-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for coming out guys! Hope more will show for the next one :bigthumb