PDA

View Full Version : AODE controller

Mbubby61
04-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I have a AODE trans that I want to put behind my 5.0 with a carb.. Has anyone used any of the controller kits that will work with the electronics on the AODE. I found this info on the web,,,

http://www.becontrols.com/ourfaqs/transretro_1.htm#04235248

What parts do I need to install an AODE or 4R70W into a fox body (1979-1993) mustang?

You will need the following items:

* AODE or 4R70W transmission with the proper bolt pattern for your engine.
* Baumanator TCS
* Dipstick tube and dipstick from a '94-'95 AODE equipped Mustang (may not clear all headers)
* Backset transmission crossmember
* flexplate from AOD equipped fox body Mustang (imbalance weight must match engine 1968-1980 302 = 28 oz. 1981-2001 = 50 oz.)
* shifter cable from 1994-95 Mustang
* transmission inspection plate and transmission to engine block separator plate from an AOD equipped fox body Mustang
* If the AODE or 4R70W transmission you sourced is from a Mustang it will have the correct shift lever if not, you will need a shift lever from a '94-'04 Mustang application.

!!!!! so that is the info i have.. I have a rebuild kit and a B&M 2400 stall speed converter..Goin to get a shift kit also..:bigthumb This is all goin into my 83 vert that was a v6.. I have a 5.o crate motor and aode that were in a 88 lincoln. puttin a carb on it.. I want to use the overdrive,and I know there are kits out there like the one above. wanted to see if anyone else has been there and done that, and get fellow Stangbangerz input.. I am goin to put this in the projects section soon, with pics.. Will soon have a 3.8, 3 speed auto, and 7.5 drivetrain available.. The 3.8 overheated tho it only has 55,ooo miles on it. Decided to build this for my daughter..SHe always wanted my 85 gt but it is a 5speed.. will list more info in project also,, she has her left leg below the knee amputated so can not drive a stick.. SO I am building this for her cuz she is a mustang car nut like her dad lol. so before i write a book,,, anyone ever put a AODE behind a carb with a controller ????

bangingears
04-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I just had one in my car, its works good. I didnt like it and took it out. It was hard to tune and took many hours to get it close. I put a MVB in it and am much happier

Mbubby61
04-12-2010, 01:15 AM
you stated ya now have MVB ,,,,what is it and how does it work !!!

IEATLT1
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Manual Valve Body

Manual valve bodies replace the automatic transmission's valve bodies with a manually controlled one. It is similar to using an AutoStick except that it does not automatically upshift or downshift if you forget