PDA

View Full Version : Remote Oil Filter kit

egbertnr
04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
As you may know I have a modified ON3 Performance turbo kit on my coupe, and you either have to run a tiny 910 motorcraft filter or get a relocation kit in order run the larger/stock FL1A size filter....my question is, do any of you have experience with a relocation kit, any suggestions on which kit to use and where to mount the relocated filter?
Thanks

facemelter71
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Ive got a external filter on my coupe for my trans.Since I moved the battery to the trunk,I used the space up front to mount my trans filter right to the inside fender apron.You can also use the space on the front frame rail below the battery tray.

You can see the back end of the filter right next to the windshield washer fill.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1296889/engine%20front.jpg

egbertnr
04-19-2010, 12:17 PM
found out on corral that On3 sells kits as well for 69$....was also recommended to use braided lines with some type of heat wrap for extra protection. Just a FYI for anyone else wondering.

Gearhead559
05-08-2010, 03:45 AM
the standard oil lines will hold up for a while, if heat wrapped. but i would braided hose it with an fittings and heat sleeve every thing...just saying... and what i do, is buy just the block plate from jegs, and the double filter mount, and hoses and fittings etc.

i need to start my line of on3 upgrades here soon.. i have came up with several nifty little things for these kits..lol