PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Repair ??

Pops Fun
04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi
My laptop has gone out... :mad: anyone have a service person or shop that they can recommend..

bangingears
04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
make?model? and whats wrong? I have used the nerd patrol on salem rd. in mt. washington

Pops Fun
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
HP dv 9410us Screen doesn't come on!! Seems to power up but nothing on screen!!

Stangman
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
LCD probably went bad... easy to replace... just pricey

Could be possible that the plug came loose also. Fixed one a couple weeks ago... got lucky and the plug had just came loose

bangingears
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
HP dv 9410us Screen doesn't come on!! Seems to power up but nothing on screen!!

does it post? You have one of the worst computers for this problem. Most of the time its the nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard. I have fixed a few DV series for this problem. The chipset gets to hot, you can either get a new motherboard, or have the solder re-flowed. It needs to have a copper heat sink installed and artic silver thermal compound installed, instead of the cheap thermal pad. Hp actually has a updated bios that runs the fans at a higher speed to bandaid the problem. HP is the WORST F'ING COMPANY IN THE WORLD AND WILL DI NOTHNG TO HELP YOU. Even though there is hundreds of thousands of issues with the GPU's in these laptops, just google it :bigthumb

plated
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
:D
does it post? You have one of the worst computers for this problem. Most of the time its the nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard. I have fixed a few DV series for this problem. The chipset gets to hot, you can either get a new motherboard, or have the solder re-flowed. It needs to have a copper heat sink installed and artic silver thermal compound installed, instead of the cheap thermal pad. Hp actually has a updated bios that runs the fans at a higher speed to bandaid the problem. HP is the WORST F'ING COMPANY IN THE WORLD AND WILL DI NOTHNG TO HELP YOU. Even though there is hundreds of thousands of issues with the GPU's in these laptops, just google it :bigthumb

god damn what the hell did you just say:D

DSSKing68
04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Have AJ take a look at it...oh, wait a minute, he is halfway around the freaking world....LOL

Stangman
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Have AJ take a look at it...oh, wait a minute, he is halfway around the freaking world....LOL

that was exactly my first thought too :lol: