PDA

View Full Version : UP&P is going insane

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
So i went down to pull and pay today because they have listed an '80 Mustang on their website. For starters, it's Russian roulette when you trust their online inventory and make the trip down there. They had a Merkur listed on there for 4 months after it got crushed.

Anyways i get there and find it, and it's pretty rough but has a few things i need for my coupe....then i get a crazy surprise...it has a tan interior with BLACK seat belts, which are semi rare for a 4 eye interior and the plastic parts are superb. So i get to wrenching and a couple bolts are a bitch to get out so i spend a good 45 minutes pulling all the belts out and a few other things i want.

So i get to the register and the guy rings me up and it's ninety eight F'in dollars and all i got where seat belts and 2 of the short pieces of side molding. So, i figure they wanted 90 bucks or so for seat belts. I don't know if this is a typical price for belts but i found it to be pretty GD ridiculous so i got the molding and i bought just the female ends of the belts since the rest was faded to shit and back anyways.

I also had some headlight bezels...$13 a piece. Manual window cranks, $6 each. Nothing in their inventory is less than $5. The part that makes me SICK is they'll just throw the shit away. Last time i went down to Jack's off Kellogg, he says "man i don't even feel like ringing you up...have a good day". I guess maybe i'm a cheap ass? I'll buy some RIT dye and dye my belts black before i throw down 100 bucks on faded junkyard belts. If someone local had a nice unfaded set then i'd probably pay that but fuck that place. Another thing is almost everything has a core charge...which is just another way of bleeding another $8 out of you for the smallest simplest parts. Last time i was there i wanted to get one of those aluminum remote mount TFI module mounts that came on Tbirds...i think they wanted like $35 for it because they called it an aluminum bracket.

Walter
04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
They have a business to run. You either buy or you dont. End of story.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah i expected a response like that...and i understand that, but they're also gouging people with their prices. This is afterall a junkyard, not Latemodel Restoration.

Then again i just check LRS's site and they want $450 for front and back complete so maybe i'm crazy and that was a good deal.

Hell i just saw someone here has just the back belts listed for $75 so i guess i just didn't realize seat belts fetched such a steep price.

draggin50
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I think thats steep myself but if ya need it you have to pay the price I guess. Ive sold complete mustang rollers that were rough for $100 and gave some of the little useless parts away at some point in time. Sure sucks that the prices are going through the rough.

inferno50
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
i really dont like them but u will not find a decent junk yard around cheaper than pull and pay. for most parts i mean. you can look at their flat rate for parts online. i dont know anyone who sells an airbag for twenty bucks or a hood for forty. we just paid 650 at work for one door for a chevy truck from strickers. the days of getting a front end for fifty or a hundered bucks are over.

Stangman
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I like Bessler's down in Hebron... But yeah... I need to get me some airbags too, lol

5.0calypso93lx
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
They really have no other choice. What happens when it's the other way around and it's a newer mercedes that ends up in the yard and they are $500 new? $80 doesn't seem steep at all then. They have to set a price and with our cars, we usually end up on the wrong side in this case.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-27-2010, 04:15 AM
They really have no other choice. What happens when it's the other way around and it's a newer mercedes that ends up in the yard and they are $500 new? $80 doesn't seem steep at all then. They have to set a price and with our cars, we usually end up on the wrong side in this case.

Yeah i think that's really what it's all about....maybe i just feel ripped off since i'm dealing with old cars that "nobody" cares about. I can definitely see how a higher end car owner or even just a newer car owner would be thrilled to pay $100 for belts when they're probably outrageous new. Really i just had no idea seat belts where this expensive...i was pretty shocked to see LRS wanting as much as they do. Still i got the important parts...i think i can make due with the rest.

thecollector
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I just got a spare tire hoist for the ram last week for $5.00 from U pull and pay. That was the deal of the century. Tresslers told me $75 if I pulled it... The are only $100 new. I'll never step foot in or call that yard again.

Stangman
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I think it really depends on the situation. I got Koni Gold Adjustable shocks/struts and Eibach sportline springs for $70 from trestors in Milford...

jrmylmach1
05-04-2010, 07:04 AM
My advice is to check what the pieces you are looking for are going for new or used on websites such as this. Then when they tell you a price of 90 bucks you will be a little more ready for that. Then maybe you can haggle them down a bit. I used to do it all the time back in Illinois. Most of the time I would save at most $5 but it never hurts to ask.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah i just didn't know belts where so expensive so i take back the insane comment. They have hooked me up on a few things, and even a couple times the girl at the reg will just wave me through and tell me to have a good day. I was just pissed that i spent my afternoon pulling belts only to not get them. If they weren't as faded as they where i'd have bought them but i'll hold out for newer belts and pay a little more.

2l8iwn
05-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Tresslers told me $75 if I pulled it... The are only $100 new. I'll never step foot in or call that yard again.

Wow!! i am sorry to hear you had a bad deal with tresslers. My dad goes there all the time for parts for my 94gt. last time came back with front sway bar, brackets, bolts and frame studs. also got inner door harness said the guy charged $50 for the sway bar and gave him everything else. but i can honestly admit the guy knows my dad now cause he goes there so much.

my .02

dynawideglide01
05-19-2010, 07:58 PM
The fact seat belts are safety items doesn't help the fact people can charge outrageous prices on them and you don't have much choice but to pay it.Some manufacturers nowadays have lifetime warranties on them.I need 2 for the rear of my gt so my kids can roll with me,now I know what to expect.

rpppaprp
05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
I will never buy anything from Trestors again. I bought a $1600 engine from them. It turned out to be damaged. Took them 2 months to locate another one. Then they didnt want to give me my core money back after they unloaded the core engine. Those guys are major dickheads.